Epic Perfect World

PVE

Offline Vivian

Not sure if this is where to post this or not. But here to goes anyway, feel free to move the thread if necessary.

On to the topic. I'm new to Perfect World private servers. I played on the actual game from PWI, but I didn't want to pay for cool stuff. So I decided to look for a private server. This happens to be the first one I came by. As I type this, the game is downloading. I've been going through the forums and noticed that this server is mainly for PvP. I was wondering if it were possible to just do PVE. I plan on doing a LITTLE pvp, but I'd like to mainly do PVE. Is this possible?

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran
Theres a lot of people here that just do PvE, and not PvP. So yes, it's possible.
A lot of events to go along with the PvE as well. x2, Ares, etcetc. The Gm's here are friendly with the events. xD
On a side note, welcome to Epic. Ask if you need any help. ^^

Lolly - 150 Ep | Lapras - 150 Wf | Crystal - 150 Ea
Sometimes it physically pains me to hold back my sarcastic comments.

Offline Vivian

Theres a lot of people here that just do PvE, and not PvP. So yes, it's possible.
On a side note, welcome to Epic. Ask if you need any help. ^^

Okay cool.
Also, thank you. I'm excited to start playing............... In 1 hour -.- xD

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran
Okay cool.
Also, thank you. I'm excited to start playing............... In 1 hour -.- xD
Yeah, it's a quite fun, live server. I've been here over a year and a half, still entertains me. c:

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
  • Faction: Ducks
Welcome to Epic PW.

You actually (imo) chosen the best private server for both PVE and PVP. Generally, most private servers are PVP oriented but Epic has a nice balance of both to suit all players.

First of all, you start by leveling to 110 on the starter area mobs. From then on, it can take quite a bit of time to reach the level cap on 150, depending on your commitment. This is your first bit of PVE. There are a number of ways to work towards leveling up. From Phoenix Valley, to GV/Delta, FC isn't too bad, or farming EXP scrolls and such. Getting to 150 could take you two days or it could take you a month.

As you work your way through the levels, EPW has a great range of custom equipment for each level range. Once you get to 150, there is a few different sets of gear you can be working for. Once you log onto game, you can go to one of the major cities and find the gear forges. They show you all the different armours and weapons you can farm. There is also the Rank 8 recast set, which you can find more about in the guides section.

There is also farming the in game currency, which beside basic coin, is Epic Coins. This is used for basically all trading, the buying and selling of gears and items.
There are several different ways for farming EC, which you can see here:

Guide to Farming Epic Coins.

There are also special event forges and boutique forges, which have a number of different flyers, mounts, pets, weapon skins and other special gears that you can farm for.

Epic also has a great number of GM run or activated events. Whether they are PVP events, fashion and HnS events, mobs and boss events, Morai events, instance events, there is a massive variety that either run daily, weekly or when activated by a GM.

We also have the Sirens of War update, which means Nation Wars. Where you can farm Supply Tokens for gear upgrades, R8 recast mats, weapon reskins and other bits and pieces.

Finally, all your daily quests are useful here. Bounty hunter, Treasure quests, base quests etc etc. All rewards EC, supply tokens, coin and other bits and pieces.

For a better idea of all this stuff, I'd check out the guides section. It gives info on farming all gear, all the custom content, events and everything else.

Good luck and apologies for the lengthy post ^_^

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

Offline Vivian

Welcome to Epic PW.

You actually (imo) chosen the best private server for both PVE and PVP. Generally, most private servers are PVP oriented but Epic has a nice balance of both to suit all players.

First of all, you start by leveling to 110 on the starter area mobs. From then on, it can take quite a bit of time to reach the level cap on 150, depending on your commitment. This is your first bit of PVE. There are a number of ways to work towards leveling up. From Phoenix Valley, to GV/Delta, FC isn't too bad, or farming EXP scrolls and such. Getting to 150 could take you two days or it could take you a month.

As you work your way through the levels, EPW has a great range of custom equipment for each level range. Once you get to 150, there is a few different sets of gear you can be working for. Once you log onto game, you can go to one of the major cities and find the gear forges. They show you all the different armours and weapons you can farm. There is also the Rank 8 recast set, which you can find more about in the guides section.

There is also farming the in game currency, which beside basic coin, is Epic Coins. This is used for basically all trading, the buying and selling of gears and items.

There are also special event forges and boutique forges, which have a number of different flyers, mounts, pets, weapon skins and other special gears that you can farm for.

Epic also has a great number of GM run or activated events. Whether they are PVP events, fashion and HnS events, mobs and boss events, Morai events, instance events, there is a massive variety that either run daily, weekly or when activated by a GM.

We also have the Sirens of War update, which means Nation Wars. Where you can farm Supply Tokens for gear upgrades, R8 recast mats, weapon reskins and other bits and pieces.

Finally, all your daily quests are useful here. Bounty hunter, Treasure quests, base quests etc etc. All rewards EC, supply tokens, coin and other bits and pieces.

For a better idea of all this stuff, I'd check out the guides section. It gives info on farming all gear, all the custom content, events and everything else.

What about items you would normally have to pay cash for? For example, fashion items?

vlntbty

Buy with coins at NPCs. 105k coins per piece. Dyes are at the Seamstress for coins.

What about items you would normally have to pay cash for? For example, fashion items?

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran
Buy with coins at NPCs. 105k coins per piece. Dyes are at the Seamstress for coins.

As she said, they're in all the bigger towns.

Offline Vivian

Alrighty. Sounds good. The only other game I've played on a private server is Maplestory (Bleh), so I'm new to this kind of thing. Also, for maplestory, you had to download whatever version of maplestory, then put the private server client in the same folder. Is that how it works here too? Or do you just download your client, install, and run it?

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.

As Pythe said, these things are bought with normal coin. At most of the major cities, there are several fashion NPCS, as well as NPCS for pets, mounts and flyers (basic ones).

You need to grind for coin here, which is not nearly as hard as PWI. You can usually make decent coins when you are leveling up, through PV and such, or doing your treasure quests, 5mil per day from BH or buy selling Epic Coins. Usually Epic Coins are bought and sold for 3mil per EC.

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

vlntbty

Download the client, extract it and it will need updated, then you'll be good to go. :)

Alrighty. Sounds good. The only other game I've played on a private server is Maplestory (Bleh), so I'm new to this kind of thing. Also, for maplestory, you had to download whatever version of maplestory, then put the private server client in the same folder. Is that how it works here too? Or do you just download your client, install, and run it?

Offline Scwerz

• Im Your Bad Dream

yea download then instal and run if u full patch u will start if not u will patch then u get in.

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
Welcome to Epic PW.

I think Agatio should consider using this on the homepage of the site. Nuff said.
I'm only keeping this account open because of the memories I have on here, the good and the bad. I logged in just to change my account, and then I'm putting this dusty book back on the shelf.

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
I think Agatio should consider using this on the homepage of the site. Nuff said.

Thank you.

But all I've done is summarise everything that can be found in the guides section.
Quite a few of our players have put a lot of effort into the guides there. It's a far more extensive and comprehensive guide section than I have seen on other servers. 

If anything, a link to that section should be posted around more often. It's the best starting place for a new person, imo. It helped me a lot when I joined.

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

Offline Rinadiel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: HellRazor
I'm sure you'll enjoy it here ^^ If I were you I would read over the guides that we have here, so you can understand alittle bit of how things work. Hope you have fun ^^ feel free to message if you ever need help :3