Epic Perfect World

An idea to nerf sins a little

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
Everyone NOT a sin, and even some sins, all agree the sins are a little OP...

Just thought I would put it out there that you should make occult ice a genie skill sins CANT use, due to thier already 5 or so stuns/sleeps/freezes/seals.

I dont really have a problem with it but it really isnt fun to sit there being occult iced by two sins one after the other (with afew badly co-ordinated stuns) watching my charm tick, wishing they would hit higher so it could end!

Anyway happy to be complained at by all the sins who think they arent OP but I am just offering a solution that will take the edge off most sins.

EDIT: Before you QQ this is a SUGGESTION, I will be more than happy to hear aguments why/whynot this is a bad suggestion but please dont reply anything like firesin has because it isnt an argument, it's just a poor attempt to direct people away from the suggestion!
i am not the one QQing about sins nexy, u r lol xDDD i won't change my mind, players who suck can't blame our class

Also before you freak out read this!
Last thing to say is different people talked to agatio and he isn't intending to nerf any classes thats why i made this topic  ;D
Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 10:53 am by Nexy

Offline GodflameZ

I have an Assassin and a Barbarian and a Seeker that I am currently working on leveling at the moment, however I believe no class is truly OP.  Genie skills allow counters and other manners of tanking/dishing/repelling many if not all stuns and what not.  Just experiment with other Genie skills besides the most common ones.  For example try out the ones that can get rid of a stunned status effect upon you.  Half the sins wouldn't expect it.

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
I have an Assassin and a Barbarian and a Seeker that I am currently working on leveling at the moment, however I believe no class is truly OP.  Genie skills allow counters and other manners of tanking/dishing/repelling many if not all stuns and what not.  Just experiment with other Genie skills besides the most common ones.  For example try out the ones that can get rid of a stunned status effect upon you.  Half the sins wouldn't expect it.

I'm not complaining over the fact but sins really are OP. They are not the only class but as a sage seeker, one of the least powerful pvp classes, I do find it annoying they get occult ice on top of all their stuns. My sin can keep an effective stunlock without occult ice, so I struggle to understand why sins even need it, other than to use if someone dodges a stun. I don't have space on my genie for any remove stun status, because as a tank stuns dont bother me that much, I was just presenting an idea to take the edge of the sins, to make it slightly easier on everyone else.

Occult Ice on my seeker for example, I have 2 stuns, 1 I dont use because duelist glee is such a better skill, the other has 180 sec c/d. It means I have a chance of disabling and opponent, and is a useful skill to have. On a caster I see its use for keeping phy classes off them when they get too close. So why does a class with a hundred stuns need it?

It is just a little overkill, if aga does nothing, he does nothing but I do believe it would mean that other classes have a chance at being able to fight back!

Offline Nexus

Demon/Sage Tidal protection and focused mind should really be removed as well like how Agatio removed psychics demon/sage skills (which I agree with and I am a psychic).

Offline Zaibeast'

• Old Player
  • *lalalala* Sins are OP *lalalala*
Ooooo I like the idea.

I play a sin and they are RETARDEDLY too OP. If you take out occult ice, I think it would balance out the class. You hardly need skill to play this class and you don't even have to be good to face-roll any class. Sins that consistently argue that they aren't OP are just plain dumb lol.

Argument #1 of sins: Every class is OP, it's just a matter of skills
Argument #2 of sins: I'm not OP, I'm just THAT good at being able to triple spark 3 times in less than 10 seconds
Argument #3 of sins: I'm a skilled Pker and that's why I win even though I have 5 different stuns and a self-buff that prevents me from getting stunned half the time.
Zaibeast - 150 Demon Barbarian
Dynasti - 150 Demon Archer
Peekabooo - 150 Demon Assassin
Peekabam - 150 Sage Psychic

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
Ooooo I like the idea.

I play a sin and they are RETARDEDLY too OP. If you take out occult ice, I think it would balance out the class. You hardly need skill to play this class and you don't even have to be good to face-roll any class. Sins that consistently argue that they aren't OP are just plain dumb lol.

Argument #2 of sins: I'm not OP, I'm just THAT good at being able to triple spark 3 times in less than 10 seconds
Argument #3 of sins: I'm a skilled Pker and that's why I win even though I have 5 different stuns and a self-buff that prevents me from getting stunned half the time.

Yea they still would have a stunlock but atleast it has a chance of failing!
Ooooo I like the idea.

i think the sins should get a buff they are way too underpowered...
i think the following things should be given to sins
1. when they spark everyone around them becomes stunned for 1 minute
2. they should be allowed to zerk crit every hit
3. they're buffs should all last for an hour
4. a sin should be able to stay in stealth even if he is hitting you

please agatio add these things to balance out sins they really need it
Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 11:09 pm by studmuffin

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
+1 Stud xD

Now feedback on the idea! xD

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran

i think the sins should get a buff they are way too underpowered...
i think the following things should be given to sins
1. when they spark everyone around them becomes stunned for 1 minute
2. they should be allowed to zerk crit every hit
3. they're buffs should all last for an hour
4. a sin should be able to stay in stealth even if he is hitting you

please agatio add these things to balance out sins they really need it

Good ideas I like them ;)

Offline AgnusDei

+1 Stud

i hope Agatio will update it asap xD
Sin's are squishy trust me ..they need it ;)
-looks can kill xD

Offline emileq

SARCASM it is a form of art :)

Offline DexoDrill

I personally dont find sin's very OP at all... As a BM mostly, they hardly even make a dent in me even with stun-lock or occult Ice... However Im not going to say they are OP, Or are not OP, considering the fact they sure can hit hard at times especially if the person behind the sin knows the skills well. It would be worth trying to change Occult Ice to a Non sin skill, but Considering that even the Psy Silence skill still keeps getting complaints and most ppl seem to forget theirs a genie skill that cuts right through that problem and can make Psy's just a lil bit to easy to kill(only basing this off of the fact that sometimes the silence is the only thing keeping a heavy hitter Physical Char from 2 or 3 hitting them). But Im not saying that people are forgetting, as Nexy said, A genie can get rather full with skills used for tankin or other means. So I dont beleave a major overhaul of sins is a good idea, but some tweeking of the genie skill req's(aka preventing sins from using OI) And maybe some regular skill tweeks may be in order.

Angelica

Quote from Agatio: "I won't touch anything"
So yeah, I guess we all have to give up our hopes to get things more balanced... However, if they'd only take stealth away from sins I'd be already happy.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
for now..
So yeah, I guess we all have to give up our hopes to get things more balanced... However, if they'd only take stealth away from sins I'd be already happy.
quote from studmuffin: "LOL" *dies a little inside"