Epic Perfect World

Logical and philosophical corner of the earth

Offline MorbidAngel

• Dragon Seeker
  • 1 man army
Buddhism in truth makes the most sense in my opinion, like what you may not my place to judge religion

Morbid/\ngel - 150 seeker

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
i don't get it...
i don't even get that explanation...how could it possibly work like that ? what is the mechanism that makes you drive into the past while traveling FTL ?
it's so weird sorry :D

There is not really a mechanism behind this. It's a consequence of the model we use to explain the world.  It works extremely well for almost any regular applications but when you add near-lightspeed numbers things get a little weird.  There is however some observable evidence for it.

One very strong piece of evidence for time moving slower as speeds go up is actually already withnessed in the current space program. Astronauts in orbit around the planet on the ISS actually move a lot faster than people on the planet itself. Over a prolonged stay there's a measurable difference in the time passed for the astronauts as compared to the time passed for the rest of the planet.  That being said, this difference is measurable but EXTREMELY small, roughly 0.007 seconds for every 6 months they spend up there. This is however nowhere near light-speed.

Edit, it should also be noted that by these equations the amount of energy required to accelerate something to light speed would be infinite. So going faster than light would be impossible by our current understanding.  The energy required is proportionate to the mass of the object being accelerated. Light can travel at lightspeed because it has no mass, anything with mass would probably be impossible to accelerate to such speeds.

Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 11:24 am by Feone

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
  • I am the ocean of the Universe.
  • Characters: Xcution, Skyscream
  • Faction: IceLotus
You are trying to think, sadly that's not working for you.
ancient people? were you there? WTF I want live 100000000 years too
you need discuss things you know, please don't talk about stuff you don't know shit about.
Unlike you, I know shit about stuff I'm talking about. If you read few books on that topic and maybe do a lil bit of research you might learn something too. Though I doubt your intellect would allow it.
This is not a thread for angry conflicts, this is for a discussion.
Which means you can GTFO and take your rage with you if you don't know how to discuss.

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
There is not really a mechanism behind this. It's a consequence of the model we use to explain the world.  It works extremely well for almost any regular applications but when you add near-lightspeed numbers things get a little weird.  There is however some observable evidence for it.

One very strong piece of evidence for time moving slower as speeds go up is actually already withnessed in the current space program. Astronauts in orbit around the planet on the ISS actually move a lot faster than people on the planet itself. Over a prolonged stay there's a measurable difference in the time passed for the astronauts as compared to the time passed for the rest of the planet.  That being said, this difference is measurable but EXTREMELY small, roughly 0.007 seconds for every 6 months they spend up there. This is however nowhere near light-speed.

True that. But even at speeds like those astronauts come back to Earth aged slightly less than they would normally have aged on Earth. Imagine if they were moving 10 times faster. Or 100 times faster. Over long period that would make quite a difference.

Insanity

Unlike you, I know shit about stuff I'm talking about. If you read few books on that topic and maybe do a lil bit of research you might learn something too. Though I doubt your intellect would allow it.
This is not a thread for angry conflicts, this is for a discussion.
Which means you can GTFO and take your rage with you if you don't know how to discuss.
ahahaha you're funny
I have read books
I have been into rl discussions
I have done researches
go get some real information about the subject before you can discuss it, your cute little knowledge that you got from facebook or some online chat don't count.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
Another topic to be closed: Check

>:D

Offline IMN666

• Poor, Ugly, Happy
  • Bah-weep-graghnah-weep-ninni-bong
  • Characters: Maloth, Aceso

right. first sentence just read "BRING ON THE HATE!"

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran

Or for once remove the people that do nothing but flame, insult & trashtalk instead of closing topics that others may actually be interested in.

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
ahahaha you're funny
I have read books
I have been into rl discussions
I have done researches
go get some real information about the subject before you can discuss it, your cute little knowledge that you got from facebook or some online chat don't count.
I don't use facebook and don't participate in any online chats. So GTFO.
Btw, everything what I write is purely my opinion along with scientifically proved facts. If you read fairytales and talk with other noobs bout Farmville or whatever that shit is called and you do research on shops to find the biggest discount on potato chips and french fries so you could grow your ass even bigger its doesnt count as reading books, participating in real discussions and doing research on any given subject. Btw, I dont know if you are blind or stupid, or maybe both for that matter, but I dont think that I ever claimed for everything to be pure 100% truth and that everyone should believe in that. If you got your opinion (highly doubtful, as to have any opinions you have to think, and you obviously dont know how to do it), just write it down, and skip all that fcking rage and other indicators of your absolute stupidity.

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
Or for once remove the people that do nothing but flame, insult & trashtalk instead of closing topics that others may actually be interested in.
+99999

Insanity

I don't use facebook and don't participate in any online chats. So GTFO.
Btw, everything what I write is purely my opinion along with scientifically proved facts. If you read fairytales and talk with other noobs bout Farmville or whatever that shit is called and you do research on shops to find the biggest discount on potato chips and french fries so you could grow your ass even bigger its doesnt count as reading books, participating in real discussions and doing research on any given subject. Btw, I dont know if you are blind or stupid, or maybe both for that matter, but I dont think that I ever claimed for everything to be pure 100% truth and that everyone should believe in that. If you got your opinion (highly doubtful, as to have any opinions you have to think, and you obviously dont know how to do it), just write it down, and skip all that fcking rage and other indicators of your absolute stupidity.
LOL
better than savi comments..
anyway, i'm done sorry you're too retarded, can't have a discussion with you unless you get higher iq bye

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran

Just ban the haters instead of closing the thread entirely. Especially since this thread was made for people's opinions on various subjects that might be interesting or useful for society and single individuals.

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
LOL
better than savi comments..
anyway, i'm done sorry you're too retarded, can't have a discussion with you unless you get higher iq bye
Lol wonder whats your IQ?
Mine is 144. Not a bad IQ for a retard huh.

Insanity

Just ban the haters instead of closing the thread entirely. Especially since this thread was made for people's opinions on various subjects that might be interesting or useful for society and single individuals.
keep your stupid opinions to yourself, we're here to play a game,not to discuss religion

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
keep your stupid opinions to yourself, we're here to play a game,not to discuss religion
You are obviously too stupid to understand that this is forum, not actual game. And if you don't want to discuss anything, gtfo, doubt anyone would miss you. And by the way, this is in off-topic section, which means this wasn't supposed to be about the game. There is other life besides game.

Not very interesting, but widely known fact:

Stupid people that don't know anything and can't do anything usually are first ones to shout out loud, scold others and pretend they are the biggest wiseass'es in the world.
The lower IQ and the worse the intellect, the bigger the ego.