Epic Perfect World

Hacked FPS ? Wtf

Offline Jolhans

• Old Player
I'm running a GTX 295 with a intel q6600 quad. So.. graphic card isnt the problem. Idk, maybe some special fixes with the client or something?
You dont have fps drops while mass pk?
Wrong, I had a similar lap with 4 gb RAM / Intel i5 with 1.5 GB virtual graphic card. and the game still lagged with max settings

I did the same with a lap with 2 GB ram and 1gb physical graphic card and everything was fresh as f***

So yeah, if you dont have a graphic card thats the problem, You will mostly dont lag but in mass pk ohhhh yea, you will.

Offline BeNicePlease

• Forum Veteran
  • How is life this easy?
Offtopic:

Is there a way to fix the fps drops while mass pk'ing? (gettings 2-8 fps) Idk if this is caused bcs my hardware is new and the client is old? Any solutions maybe?

1. PW very old engine
2. PW very shit engine
3. your grafics card is perfectly fine for this shitty old DX9 game. I play with a 9600GT
4. PW engine is way to reliant on the CPU, When I upgraded to sandibridge frames jumped up way higher.
5. ppl with 500$ grafics cards get shitty fps at times too, due to reason 1,2 and 4

Offline haya

Summarized: Run PW on pentium 4 with low end GFX to prevent fps drops?
So no real solutions then? Since its a cpu based game, maybe I should turn off some cores.
(http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=13368881)
Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 07:09 am by haya

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
There's not an 'official' solution but people say that certain things higher/lower FPS. If you want to play an mmorpg that runs smoothly with your hardware, then just find another newer mmorpg or one with a better engine.

Offline BeNicePlease

• Forum Veteran
  • How is life this easy?
from that website
" Intel's multi cores do AWESOME for multi threaded software, but can have major problems with single core software."

this guy is very dumb. Don't listen to or read the rest of that thread.
Intel is best on market for single threaded performance esp in games ... That top statement is true for AMD in general, not Intel.

Offline haya

Sigh, let's wait for a revised engine for PWI... If Wanmei ever bothers

Offline Meow85

• Old Player
pw is making enough money with their shitty old engine right now.. I dont think they will ever change it.

Offline haya

HMm yep they won't unless PW 3 comes out  :rolleyes:

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
  • Empathy is a dying art.
  • Characters: Sleep|Snooze|Opiate|Snore
  • Faction: EPW_Team
pw is making enough money with their shitty old engine right now.. I dont think they will ever change it.

That's what angers me the most. They make all that freaking money, but don't invest it in something useful. :sad:
Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 04:57 pm by Malon

You don't want to exasperate GN Sleep  :pig-11: :pig-37:

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
Malon, don't say p*sses cause we're not allowed to say it wc because it's "Bad Language" and then we get muted for 2 hours without a warning. *Cough* By ET *Cough*. (Not me personally muted - a friend was).

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
  • Empathy is a dying art.
  • Characters: Sleep|Snooze|Opiate|Snore
  • Faction: EPW_Team
Malon, don't say p*sses cause we're not allowed to say it wc because it's "Bad Language" and then we get muted for 2 hours without a warning. *Cough* By ET *Cough*. (Not me personally muted - a friend was).

Dumb rule. Fixed. c:

You don't want to exasperate GN Sleep  :pig-11: :pig-37:

diamondsxVicodens

Last Edit: Oct 12, 2016, 09:20 pm by 𝔊𝓗𝔅

Offline BeNicePlease

• Forum Veteran
  • How is life this easy?
I just overclocked so you can ignore the crazy temps lol
but watch the 4th core
It's common with older games, and cheap ones... where they only use 1 core. They weren't made to run on more than 1.
While Intel has strong per core performance, here you can see why PW runs crappy on your PC. When in fact 99% of ppl should be clocking 60+ fps all the time.
Only 1/4 of my CPU is being used lol

Watch the dip and rise of the 4th core as i tab out of PW and back in.

Offline iphone

• iMeebo
  • What a ***?
so can i cry for u

Offline iphone

• iMeebo
  • What a ***?
so can i cry for u