Epic Perfect World

Book Ideas for Kids

Offline kyandeisu

• Old Player
@@; well my sons 1st bday is coming up and hes a lil bookworm so I like to get him books anytime i buy stuff for him.

:) just wanted some suggestions from anyone and everyone. any books you remembered as a kid you really enjoyed reading. i dont mind from whatever culture they come from or wutnot as long as they have a english and or chinese version is fine ^^

Offline Fatigue

• Glorious
  • You will never be this beautiful
The gruffalo is nice for kids, And the hungry caterpillar :p

I always liked the childrens versions of the three musketeers when I was young!

vlntbty

The Very Hungry Caterpillar. I read that to both of my kids. :) Um....some others: Goodnight Moon, Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?, The Wheels on the Bus. My kids are now 6 and 9 but I still read to them. They both love books. :)

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
Anything with pictures and stuff they can look at.

Offline HellishKitty

• GodMother Of Venomancers
  • I'm a kitty. A digi-kitty.
  • Characters: HellKitty/HellishKitty
  • Faction: Faction
@@; well my sons 1st bday is coming up and hes a lil bookworm so I like to get him books anytime i buy stuff for him.

:) just wanted some suggestions from anyone and everyone. any books you remembered as a kid you really enjoyed reading. i dont mind from whatever culture they come from or wutnot as long as they have a english and or chinese version is fine ^^

jk The Little Engine that Could is an illustrated children's book that was first published in the United States of America in 1930 by Platt & Munk. The story is used to teach children the value of optimism and hard work. Based on a 2007 online poll, the National Education Association named the book one of its "Teachers' Top 100 Books for Children.

Offline midnytelace

My boys were big fans of Dr. Seuss. One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish,  Blue Fish and Fox in Sox were two of their favorites.

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
  • I am the ocean of the Universe.
  • Characters: Xcution, Skyscream
  • Faction: IceLotus
I'll suggest the books that I used to read as child :Eragon, Harry Potter (he probly already has seen it), Eternal Champion, The Song of Ice and Fire, Blue Mars, Green Mars, Red Mars, The Lord of the Rings, the Fata Morgana book series.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
The Little Prince by ANTOINE DE SAINT-EXUPÉRY (but in portuguese of course)

this one i read to my kid  :-\ but hes 2 and 6months, for 1 year old i would sugegst some of those with sounds when u press ? duno what to call them in english lol it have some animals and when u press the icon it makes a sound...book itself have a small detail story about each animal too.

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
  • I am the ocean of the Universe.
  • Characters: Xcution, Skyscream
  • Faction: IceLotus
I'll suggest the books that I used to read as child :Eragon, Harry Potter (he probly already has seen it), Eternal Champion, The Song of Ice and Fire, Blue Mars, Green Mars, Red Mars, The Lord of the Rings, the Fata Morgana book series.

Dafuq....lol i missed the "1st birthday" part lol.
Dang i so need to start reading all conditions before answering.....

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
  • Let them hate me, so long as they fear me
You can make your Son a genius by giving him a copy of Where's Wally. Your son will be solving differential quadratic equations before you know it!! But in all seriousness, Maurice Sendak's books are amazing childrens books. Children love a fantasy world and Maurice's books are some of the finest imo. Where the wild things are is one of my favourites. There are a couple of links below for your convienience =)

http://childrensbooks.about.com/od/toppicks/tp/MauriceSendak.htm

http://www.famousauthors.org/maurice-sendak

VelvetRose

And the hungry caterpillar :p

That! I loved that one when i was a kid and the rainbow fish, i loved that one too ^^

http://www.teachingchildrenphilosophy.org/wiki/The_Rainbow_Fish

Offline nuggerkj

• Characters: nuggerkj
  • Faction: DarkArms
Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 06:29 pm by nuggerkj

Offline kyandeisu

• Old Player
@@: yeah i had always loved the very hungry caterpillar, thats suppose to be coming from my parents in the mail sumtime this year. if my own mom remembers if she maild it or not ._.;

ty for all the suggestions xD i got him a big wizard of oz book i tend to read him since i havent memorized that one its way too long @@; around 100+ pages. all of his actual children books i got memorized by heart so yeah D: i wanna get some that i dont have yet.

hopefully most of these i can order online @@;

Offline HellishKitty

• GodMother Of Venomancers
  • I'm a kitty. A digi-kitty.
  • Characters: HellKitty/HellishKitty
  • Faction: Faction
That! I loved that one when i was a kid and the rainbow fish, i loved that one too ^^

http://www.teachingchildrenphilosophy.org/wiki/The_Rainbow_Fish

GET THE RAINBOW FISH BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i still remember reading that book when i was small..its the only book i remember having LOL

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
Of mice and men. :D

Yeah, cause a 1 year-old would like to be read this.