Epic Perfect World

skills on genie (zeal)

Offline Erotha

Hello, can someone advice me what skills should i add on my genie, for a BM class? Genie (Zeal) has LP 95/130.

Offline Jolhans

• Old Player
Full vit/magic genie.

Expel
Absolute domain.
Belief/Faith
Fortify (lvl1)
Whirlwind.
Tacling Mire
Extreme poison

maybe the anti wood skill, for venos.
Full vit/magic genie.

Expel
Absolute domain.
Belief/Faith
Fortify (lvl1)
Whirlwind.
Tacling Mire
Extreme poison

He's a BM, not a sin :tiger-11:

I've seen BMs using dex genie mostly D: with this stupid badge of courage(if u get this u basically cant be locked because when u're freezed u can just jump :o)

Offline ajdogg

• WhatEver Marshal
  • 4+ years experience with PW
Cloud Eruption can come in handy too.
JetLi - 150 Sage Sin
SatoriTempus - 146 Sage Mystic

Offline Erotha

so, what should i remove and replace with Cloud Eruption?

Offline SlowPokie

• Forever.
  • Legendz™.
Full vit/magic genie.

Expel
Absolute domain.
Belief/Faith
Fortify (lvl1)
Whirlwind.-
Tacling Mire
Extreme poison

That's a good tank
 Build I would say
Ad expel tree of protection soul of
Fire poison mire and faith 85-100 vit rest in mag if
U have 1 left over that
Can't go in mag or vit
Because of
It requires 2 add that 1
In str

Offline Jolhans

• Old Player
He's a BM, not a sin :tiger-11:

I've seen BMs using dex genie mostly D: with this stupid badge of courage(if u get this u basically cant be locked because when u're freezed u can just jump :o)
soo?´most of the skill work for Bm as well, if you dont believe it, check Robbert's genie.

Offline Jolhans

• Old Player
so, what should i remove and replace with Cloud Eruption?
the anti wood skill, leave the other ones.

Offline Hyoon_

• Death Flower
  • "Let's go to fantasy"
  • Characters: AnnaKatrina
I have an idea, i think that the basic (for me ) skills for zeal are:

Earthflame (For lure, very helpful)
Absolute domain
Tacling Mire
Tree of Protection (Try to use when u hp has running down, cuz this skill can retrieve all of u'r hp, but its very slow to charge again)
Holy Path (Can u run more faster)
Relentless Courage (give  you  a little chance to get chan/aps for 5 secs i think)

U can use more depends of u class, but i rrecomender those.   ^-^
!!"단지 정말 중요한 것은 정말 카운트 유일한 것은 그들의 삶을 이해하는 것입니다,하지만 행복은 목표가 없기 때문에 이것은 의미가 ... 아니 생활하는 경우" !!! ^_^

Offline thesquee

• Chivalrous Blademaster
  • Fight with respect and dignity.
Full vit/magic genie.

Expel
Absolute domain.
Belief/Faith
Fortify (lvl1)
Whirlwind.
Tacling Mire
Extreme poison

This is good...For a DD BM. But DD BMs suck because casters and sins are better DDs than a BM. A BMs role is not to DD at all, so if you sue this genie and face another BM you won't stand a chance at all. I half expected to see occult ice on there, which would be miserable...

What a BM wants is the ability to survive and to -not- be unable to do things, which means some kind of stun escape. Since this is best you want a dex build genie with a level 10 windshield with high dex to reduce damage taken by...aim for 25%, that's good. 50 vit is good, the rest in magic. This will give you an 80% chance to escape stun with Badge of Courage. Personally I also like remove paralysis because it removes immobilization, which helps when you get immobilized by a seeker or when a veno uses nova on you or when a sin uses TC and tacking, it allows you to locate yourself for your AoEs and stun as soon as you can with roar while placed in the ideal spot. Also, when you use Remove Paralysis when a cleric uses seal of gods on you, it removes the entire debuff.

AD is good, but it's not brilliant since you are an HA class with a lot of HP and good defenses between marrows, it burns too much of your energy vs reducing damage taken by even more with windshield and able to use your genie sooner when you need it. Faith is a good idea to prevent debuffs and stuns as well, however you have your own antistun for this. Still, I believe faith is a good idea when you need to conserve chi or to wait off your cooldown.

Along with remove paralysis I'd recommend lawbreaker to remove the silencing effects, which will come in handy mostly against psychics, but others as well, and with enough magic and vit it works brilliantly in tandem with remove paralysis.

All in all here's my genie skillset, you can decide the dex/vit/magic to your liking...

Windshield - 10
Badge of Courage - 10
Faith - 10
Remove Paralysis - 10
Lawbreaker - 10
Extreme Poison - 10
Wirrelwind - 1
Bramble Rage - 10

Now let me explain why.

Windshield is brilliant in mass PvP because BMs are targets due to our stuns and our debuffs, both HF and GS...As a result if you anti stun you usually will instead get nuked out. If this happens then you should windshield as soon as your charm first ticks. Reducing damage taken by 25% with BM defenses is wonderful.

The Blademaster is a crowd controller, we manipulate the battlefield as best we can, and we can't do this well if we're stunlocked for days.The best option is to escape the stun with a high dex genie and badge of courage followed up with an instant windshield and your own Roar and you can turn the table around entirely.

Faith is great to prevent yourself from being crowd controlled or damage amped. This would allow you to use all sorts of stuns, slows, immobilizes, and silence with smack completely unbothered and then follow up with an HF once everything is in a nice cluster.

Whirlwind is a good way to immobilize someone running for a short time allowing you to catch up and use roar. Since it's an AoE immobilize it works well in NW and TW because people tend to spread once the BM is running in, they know an AoE stun is coming next. So using whirelwind will prevent them from getting too far.

Extreme Poison should only be stacked with either Glacial Spike, or HF. Since the BM is not a DD, you will want to amp as much as you can, so AD is necessary when facing seekers, barbs, or other BMs, and any other HA classes that there may or may not be. Use this on the tough allies in team with HF, if you use it too freely you will find your genie on cooldown when you get stunned or are under hard fire.

Bramble Rage is nice for some added magic damage after you HF in a perfect AoE situation. It must only be used in good AoE situations because it uses so much gen ie energy, however if you really wanted to play the role of DD, then the more dex you have the more wood damage you will be doing which would mean you can kill HA classes without EP while still DDing larger groups and getting the added damage to the casters which are then vulnerable to a physical hit with some of their HP missing.

Unless you wanted a strength genie...If you would like I can say my own recommendations for a strength genie...
Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 04:07 pm by thesquee

Offline thesquee

• Chivalrous Blademaster
  • Fight with respect and dignity.
I'm sorry, is a windshield spamming genie that reduces damage taken by 25% for an extensive period of time in tandem with marrows and antistun with various apoth not tank enough? Read my reasons, and FYI Know your class, BM is not a DD, you're right, but the tankers are barbs, BM is crowd control. You don't need to be so rude and arrogant about disagreeing. And FYI Bramble Rage can be replaced with ToP, which admittedly, I should have said.

And FYI Not all BMs are demons. Expel should not be on a BM genie though, regardless of cultivation.

Fortify can be replaced with badge of courage easily, you can use it with an IG and 80% is enough to work almost every time...

You should try reading my explanations before rudely stating that I'm flat out wrong. I'd be more inclined to believe your genie was more viable if you had made arguments against my genie. Please, do tell me the reasons so that not only I, but the readers can know why it's not that good despite only 2 skills being for DDing and I explained that they are -not- primary skills. I am curious but please try not to be so disrespectful about what is, in the end, a game for fun.