Epic Perfect World

Casting archers.

Hei

I have a big question, mostly to Agatio: Why are casting based archers allowed here?
Check any official PW server. All of them have archers that have at most 9% casting. Why? Because that's how the class is meant to roll, aim for most aps possible and fight. And Agatio decided to bring casting to archers, that were never meant to have 70-90 cast. Then masses of threads are created, because of the imbalance Agatio created. And the nerf? Take away 10%/20% casting, leaving archer access to casting chocolates and magic rings with -10% casting(which again, rings were meant to have 6% max), with which archers can still reach instant cast.

Really, go see the PK. Archers with xbows, triggering Square Formation effect really often, hitting 2-3 7-10k attacks per second with both physical and magical skills. (inb4"archers cant defend so they need to be able to attack", wingrise, jumps, evasion boost, stealth and 15running speed immune skill aren't design for survival? And about attack, yes they are meant to kill, but there is a difference in killing and destroying.)
I would really want to see something done about this.

Anyway I might aswell dump this here too:

That leads me into an idea, how about replacing all casting stats from r8r for lets say, 3-5 attack lvl?(for archers, make the other MP stat into 3-5 def lvl as a compensation for taking away their casting. It would also let them choose, better survivability or better killing ability[since def lvl bows are nearly useless, since only attack lvl bows, square formation xbows and blackhole bows are used]) Then dragon equipments could get a casting stat added. something that would make them hit a bit less, but really fast, with cast close to 80%.
Then people would either have to choose between low casting, higher damage and def (r8r) or casting speed(dragon)? No more instacasters with high dmg and def, and dragon equi would actually become an alternative. Because at the moment everyone throws away their dragon equips the very second they get their hands on r8r. Why? Because it's much stronger.

Or

Just remove dragon equi altogether and making r8r cheaper, no more 100% guaranteed blackhole stats, no more 16% casting Glaives, no more 4-5aps sins, 3.33 WRs(would still let them have attack lvl r8r fist with around 2.86 aps[if they are lucky they can get interval too), 2-3 aps axe barbs, 70-99 cast robes. Everyone would need to make different r8r weapons if they wanted blackhole, casting, zerk, square formation or whatever so much. Sounds fair to me.
It would make the game a bit slower and more intense.

My best guess is that this all happened because people can donate to get r8r faster, and the more you donate, more chance you get a good stat. Archers got to see that casting is worth it after getting 20% casting added, which affected their performance quite a lot and encouraged them to make r8r casting sets.(which meant people would donate $$$$$ for it, filling Agatio's pockets[and because Agatio was put in a situation where he had to choose: 100-200 people vs 10 repeated donators, he had to leave that 10% casting so that those donators wouldn't stop filling his pockets up as much]) Inb4 this part gets removed, Inb4denial, Inb4 "the money gets used to maintain the server"(maybe half, the other half goes to whatever Agatio decides to do with it[again, if Aga sees this, he's gonna say that its not true, because thats the only thing he can do, otherwise it would cause masses of people quitting])
Offtopic: anyone knows a server with quite good population number, no custom OP equips and no ages of farming/no donating is required? I would be glad for a PM with a name.

IDGAF if you consider this as QQ thread, if you don't have anything to add that would contribute to the thread then GTFO.

TL;DR something needs to be done about archers that cast 2-3 skills per second that hit 7-15k each.

Offline Nipple♥

• Just don't.
  • I'm the one and only.
This. Why dafuq did you only remove 10% ? That didn't effect insta-caster archers. Besides, everyone, BUT EVERYONE, gets channeling from magic and necklace, isn't that enough? You still want more? Only retarded archers who have failed at their class go insta-cast because they only need to smash their heads against the keyboard and do nothing else!
Thats why I choose wizzy, faceroll spark combo!  :normal-40:

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
  • My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it.
  • Characters: Unicorn
  • Faction: ThaClicK
Why does everyone have to QQ and try to ruin the game? Learn to get away from them. Run up to them, stun them. Anything to survive. I hardly ever die to archers if I go the right build. I can do pretty good damage on them too. Stop trying to break the game and let people design their builds and game play style as they want.

Instead of ruining some people's hard work, why not just lower the xbow's square formation's proc? Because that is the only thing annoying about them. '-' And I'm sure that would please people more than completely trashing a good amount of the server's game play style.
[9:53:42 AM] Matty: FACTOR ALPHA UNICORN WANTS ME TO RUB HER HORN OH MY GOD
[9:54:05 AM] ♥: Yes, my Dear One. Rub it, and rub it good.

Hei

Why does everyone have to QQ and try to ruin the game? Learn to get away from them. Run up to them, stun them. Anything to survive. I hardly ever die to archers if I go the right build. I can do pretty good damage on them too. Stop trying to break the game and let people design their builds and game play style as they want.
Actually it was Agatio who ruined the game by adding cast bless box, casting instead of MP to r8r and casting to physical def necks and belts. Archers were never meant to have casting in the first place. If they want cast they should roll robe, not get access to casting without a sacrifice.
And FYI, I played PW nearly 6 years now on 6 different servers, so i know what's imbalanced and what's fair. And ehem,
IDGAF if you consider this as QQ thread, if you don't have anything to add that would contribute to the thread then GTFO.

Edit: I'll just add this, me and a friend fought a 99% casting archer 2v1. Guess what, he won.
Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 03:58 pm by Hei

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Actually it was Agatio who ruined the game by adding cast bless box, casting instead of MP to r8r and casting to physical def necks and belts. Archers were never meant to have casting in the first place. If they want cast they should roll robe, not get access to casting without a sacrifice.
And FYI, I played PW nearly 6 years now on 6 different servers, so i know what's imbalanced and what's fair. And ehem,
Edit: I'll just add this, me and a friend fought a 99% casting archer 2v1. Guess what, he won.
What is with all these nerf threads poping up lately?   :normal-43: When you're stating something, please check first if what you're saying is true, I did not add -channel to r8 sets, it is there by default.
And that the game is apparently ruined because archers can reach decent -channel it is only your opinion. Please note that this is PRIVATE server, with progressed gear sets and levels, not official where balance is... or there is not really any.

Offline Shovon

Aye peoples, will you stop complaining about this and that.  Its not Agation who ruined the game, its all peoples who complains for anything.  If your not happy about the game go play another or just enjoy the game. Each day peoples complains, when its not for archer its for mystic etc etc.  Just enjoy and have fun.   ;) :P

Offline SalvajeMC

Agatio is its true what he is saying everyone that  does not play acher is complaining now . Why???... Because it has gotten to the point wherearchers are the one that are dominating pk. All archers have great damange but why you gave them so much chan great damange plus -80%-95% chan thats insane. They just stand and use all skill plus some genie debuff bum anyone dies like that charm doesnt even tick. You think thats fair. Ok here is my point One class is dominating the rest turned off You wanna make 1 class op sure everyone is going to QQ because nobody likes that. Everyone that play archer sure would not want their class to be nerfed but what about the rest that dont play which are few but we still count. The QQ will still be coming until you fix it. Is not fair to make 1 class or 2 op. Why not make all classes op. You want balance give bms 30 att level  blessing give  sins 30 attack level blessing give barb 30 def level blessing . Not just make 1 class op make all op then you get balanced. This is not a QQ this just opinion  .
Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 04:41 pm by SalvajeMC
Wise man speak because they have something to say, Fools speak because they have to say something.

dorothyerika

Aye peoples, will you stop complaining about this and that.  Its not Agatio who ruined the game, its all peoples who complains for anything.  If your not happy about the game go play another or just enjoy the game. Each day peoples complains, when its not for archer its for mystic etc etc.  Just enjoy and have fun.   ;) :P

This.Just because you dont like how something is done on this server then gtfo.Like Shovo said,Aga didnt ruin the game and if you dont like it then go to another server.I,myself,am sick of QQ and nerfing threads because of people who just cant simply learn a class or go against one.Sure puri is a bitch I know that.But nerfing a class or adding something to armor would make even more QQ threads or nerfing threads,causing more problem.If something dosnt seem fair or just dont like it then gtfo.   -_-

Offline ahed

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Artifex/Apollumi
well i'm a caster class for me to fight caster archer better then aps one  :normal-8:

Offline Shovon

This.Just because you dont like how something is done on this server then gtfo.Like Shovo said,Aga didnt ruin the game and if you dont like it then go to another server.I,myself,am sick of QQ and nerfing threads because of people who just cant simply learn a class or go against one.Sure puri is a bitch I know that.But nerfing a class or adding something to armor would make even more QQ threads or nerfing threads,causing more problem.If something dosnt seem fair or just dont like it then gtfo.   -_-

+100 :)

Offline Groovy

• Imperare sibi maximum imperium est
Last nerf was a step in right direction, give it some time to see how and if it will affect PvP.

I'm sure Agatio will keep adjusting things to preserve balance between classes,  it's easy to break everything so it's good that he prefers evloution over revolution in this area.
I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar...

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
Oy, still bitching about casting archers?

Hasn't it been said that casting archers sacrifice other stuff in order to be insta-cast?  Like defense?

I'm glad that there's -chan on pdef necklaces and belts.  Not because of my archer (my archer is non-cast anyways), but it helps those aa classes that have paper for defense.  On PWI if you wanted -channeling as an arcane class, you gave up so much pdef that a sin just had to fart on you and you'd drop.  r8r has -chan on archer stuff on PWI as well.  But it wasn't viable there because it was luck-based; you'd have to spend a lot of money to even have -18% channeling on r8r. 

Here, however, where...you know, you can freely test out different builds, people see something they like and it caught on.  It ain't Agatio's fault that insta-cast archer caught on.  Same with aps--when someone went aps, they sacrificed defenses and in some cases attack power (fist archers come to mind here).

I didn't mind the -10% nerf (would've wanted some extra mdef to compensate, but it is what it is), but ffs I'm getting tired of the constant QQ about nerfing.  QQ nerf this! QQ nerf that!  Well how's about we nerf your...nvm I don't say that, that's too mean.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Hei

1. When you're stating something, please check first if what you're saying is true, I did not add -channel to r8 sets, it is there by default.

2. And that the game is apparently ruined because archers can reach decent -channel it is only your opinion.
1. Hahaha i expected some stupid answer but this...? let me copy all stats that were on archer r8r armors by default.
☆☆Demonhunter Cuirass: Sol
☆☆Demonhunter Breeches: Sol
☆☆Demonhunter Bracers: Sol
☆☆Demonhunter Boots: Sol
Where is that "default casting"? I can't see it, so i'll repeat myself again, THERE WAS NO CASTING EQUIPMENT FOR ARCHERS BECAUSE THEY AREN'T A ROBE CLASS. You added it because you thought it was fun and it gave archers a wider choice of builds, but it only gave them OPness.

2. Did you ever think why there were masses of nerf threads about archers lately? Everyone decided to make those threads out of nowhere for no reason? No, its because a lot of archers hit the casting cap, which made them able to 2v1 with some classes, so MANY PEOPLE started to make threads about this. So its not only my opinion.

Now about game getting ruined, 50% of the population are archers. If those archers all get super casting equipment, they will all be OP, therefore 50% of the server would be inbalanced. Right now, i'd say 30% of those archers are instant cast(if they use chocolate), and and the percentage keeps increasing day by day.

@ those "dont like it then gtfo" people: should i quit a server that i played for few months and spent that time farming? This server used to be decent up to this last month or so, when archers started getting full r8r pieces with 2-3x -3 casting. If I knew this would happen i wouldn't waste time here.

@Shovon "Its not Agation who ruined the game, its all peoples who complains for anything." So let me get this straight: complaining and asking for balance ruined the game...?????? I think it just ruined your base instacast archer by loosing 10% casting and now you're butthurt about it.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic

@ those "dont like it then gtfo" people: should i quit a server that i played for few months and spent that time farming? This server used to be decent up to this last month or so, when archers started getting full r8r pieces with 2-3x -3 casting. If I knew this would happen i wouldn't waste time here.

Actually, I have quit servers that I spent months on farming and stuff because I didn't like the way things were.  Instead of making a fuss about it, I left quietly.  *shrug*

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline BamBam

• Old Player
You want balance give bms 30 att level  blessing give  sins 30 attack level blessing give barb 30 def level blessing

Yeah.. that would fix everything right? Wtf are you smoking?