Epic Perfect World

Epic Economy

LaceyPip

Usually nothing piques my drunken curiosity but i do have a suggestion or two regardless of how stupd and retarded they may be. Why not make ec a prize in NW? Turn it into a gambling system (taken from the gambling quest idea) Say you start off betting you would get 50 kills rewarding you 100 ec while failure to do so will result in doubling down? It sounded less stupid in my head...

Any suggestion is a good suggestion, and its up to the GM's to see whether its going to work ingame or not...so thank you for your suggestion too as well as the suggestion from Growth

Offline guga818

Have you thought of the amount of Sins that would just stealth till the boss for 20-30 ec in 1 min or less?

Offline Uriel

• Worms.
  • Worms.
Aint nobody got time for reading that essay.. Lolol

+1 and same for all the other posts in this thread. I dident pve since pretty long so idc about ec and crew.

Offline Casualty

• Listening to Manson - Putting Holes in Happiness
am i the only one who loves this idea

It's more so a question of it being plausible.

Have you thought of the amount of Sins that would just stealth till the boss for 20-30 ec in 1 min or less?

That consideration was taken a very long time ago. It never can take 1 minute, but yes I know what you mean. They do have the ability to simply pass everything and go for the gold, but you can also update PV to have a blockade in which only if all the mobs are killed will the doors open for the boss. This was more so looked though to be an availability for our new comers who aren't sure about gearing up and EC in a general view to mainly just set them in the right course. Some can pick up on our currency system with a surprising ability, while others can struggle. I'm sure you had the same problem trying to make your first 1k in EC.

Casualty - 150
Sacrifical - 150
Nymphomaniac - 150
Descention - 145
Elite - 142

Offline guga818

It's more so a question of it being plausible.

That consideration was taken a very long time ago. It never can take 1 minute, but yes I know what you mean. They do have the ability to simply pass everything and go for the gold, but you can also update PV to have a blockade in which only if all the mobs are killed will the doors open for the boss. This was more so looked though to be an availability for our new comers who aren't sure about gearing up and EC in a general view to mainly just set them in the right course. Some can pick up on our currency system with a surprising ability, while others can struggle. I'm sure you had the same problem trying to make your first 1k in EC.
There is a problem with that, for exampe I atleast dont kill EVERY SINGLE MOB to get to the boss so it make everything slower

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
you can also update PV to have a blockade in which only if all the mobs are killed will the doors open for the boss.

This wont really work if you meant those blockades being used in the fbs since sins can just target mobs in the other side and shadow teleport to it.

Offline BamBam

• Old Player
That consideration was taken a very long time ago. It never can take 1 minute, but yes I know what you mean. They do have the ability to simply pass everything and go for the gold, but you can also update PV to have a blockade in which only if all the mobs are killed will the doors open for the boss.

Seems like alot of extra stuff just to add a few more ec per drop. Besides as someone already said, sins can get past those no problem. I think you're over-thinking this whole thing, like your trying to turn a molehill into a mountain. The currency here is fine and steady as it is.

Offline Deathtome

Alright, i know im a bit late in this game, and much of what im about to say may have been already said or mentioned earlier (sorry, i didn't feel like reading through all 3 pages of comments to find out) but i will pull a few things from the original post and try my best to show what i know.

My most common character right now is StillBlue (demon sin) and i've been with the EPW server for little less then a year now, hopefully my knowledge can be passed on. that being said, lets get on with it. ;)

To start off with, you make a very valid point, by crafting such items, there is almost no room for profit, to people who merc (merchant items back and forth) are very few and far in between, but... there are the rare few who do try this, my first quote is here; "It’s even harder when EC prices can vary from 2-6 million coins each." this is very true, many people will set up cat shops and post on WC (world chat) that they're being EC's for 2-3m, but in all honesty, any price over that 3m mark, is just the player being greedy, I've seen many cat shops trying to sell them for 4-6m but the only people who ever bother with them, are the ones who are:
 A. too lazy to farm their own ECs;
B. Despirate to get a couple more ECs because they're short a few, And the ones who buy for that much in bulk, well.. lets just say they have a few screws loose up there *points to the head*

That being said, EC's since i have been on the server have stayed (even with recent updates/changes) at 2-3.5m coins each, making gold worth roughly 20-35 ec's each, which brings me to another point you brought up.

"As anyone who’s ever strolled through the West City of Archosaur, there’s demonic items for 500 million and dragon for 200 million." <-- this is very common, because alot of the people who sell Demonic tokens/gear or Dragon gear for coins in their cat shop, are usually the people who are switching mains, or selling their extra stuff to make a little more coin to buy ec's to squeeze in that one lucky recast with R8r, however, it isnt really a problem, infact, reading thru some comments and with the jist of the idea i get from your post, your end-game goal of this all is to help the little man start off, and give something else to us endgame people to do (I.E; merc items)

but the reality of it is, a new player starts off not really knowing what to do, or where to go, but anyone with half a brain, just has to sit back and watch WC for 10 minutes max, and they'd be able to find what they need. when i watch world chat, i honestly cant go longer then 10 minutes without seeing some type of spam for a guild thats looking for any and all active players (no matter the level) sometimes its built by other new players, other times its old veterans like me, who just want to start over and get away from the who says B.S of the large guilds, or just generally wants to help out the little people. that being stated, 90% of the players who have played the actual PWI servers at all, or even other private servers, knows the basics of the map, you have, well.. The Map, OHT, FC, PV, and Morai. most guilds/players if asked will guide most new players to pv, to A. level up, B. farm for coins that the mobs drop, and 3. get the EC/Recraft stones that drop by the boss, and very, very rarely do you see the area infront of be, empty. <-- done with the newbie rant.

"Dragon gear the max ranked items and to a large part of the community the better gear than R8 and highly cheaper to manufacture runs for 100-145. Yet some will try to buy it for prices destructively lower as: 50-90EC. That’s with all the best sockets, and fully refined too."

^ Dragon gear to some, is the endgame, because unless you get the right stats with R8r, your bonus's only hinder what little the dragon gear gave, but that being said, R8r, is still (and unless they come out with some update [which would probably further kill the server's pvp] that gives better gear then R8r) and always be "the top of the line" gear that people strive for, which in turn, shows why the prices for dragon gear runs so cheap, yes, (even I, on my nearly year old demon sin, and many other toons) still use dragon armors and weapons, they're just awesome.. but if you're also someone like me, who has dropped 10k+ EC's into just 1 set of R8r gear, (keep in mind, thats not the price of getting rep for R8, nor the original recasting) then you get tired of trying to get it, pretty quick...

But the reason that Dragon/Demonic gear runs so cheap is due to the gold/EC ratios and the EC/coin ratios, most people honestly dont want to pay the 300 EC's to get a Demonic weapon for 140, and honestly, for any1 new, they would probably be 150 before they even got close to that (given that they were stuck with 130-140-145 gear) and just farmed PV (as is recommended to most newer players) but here is where the "god send" comes in, Tada... we vote. everytime a player votes (per site) they get 75 silver, making a full voting run a whopping 1.5 gold (which is .5 higher then i started.. you lucky devils...) and then items can be bought thru the botique, meaning a player only has to vote for about a week to get the majority of their demonic set, which is about the time it'll take them to get settled into the server, level up to the 140-148 range and farm toward the nirvana armors (which is better then demonic, ever so slightly)

Soooo.... yeah... ^ above is why the prices are so different, theres alot more within everything then just the prices of EC's and the boutique forge (which honestly, some players still use, i personaly use it to buy the 140 weapons [precurser to nirvana weapons]) and i hope some of my input may help explain why this twisted server, is the way it is, but.. in the end, alot still call home. :)

rainlu

omg who would do that thing when trials or bh give much more ec and aren't so boring as the shitty pv abuse (even if it did 50 ec/run i still wouldn't do it for sure) jsut try that cause i already did and it was the most boring experience EVER..,
i would just suggest making bh lunar appear more often per week since it is like the most friendly bh to me.
Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 03:32 am by rainlu

Offline BeNicePlease

• Forum Veteran
  • How is life this easy?
To much reading to read anything at 11am >.>
but, make all r8 recast mats 2x more available : )
Still hard to get god stats, less intimidating for new and farming players.

but ofc that means less donations to you guys

Offline Teguro Brother

• I'm an American. Ruining the world is what i do.
I disapprove of this entire thread, everything, and i do mean everything, is easy as all hell to get. The only thing i would enjoy changed in this entire server, is the R8 mats, but only cuz i'm lazy as *** and don't like farming lolz but i mean if i have to farm them it's whatever, gotta do something when i'm not feeding the rankings board lol
If you love something, set it free.

If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.

dorothyerika

o_o Theres alot of odds and evens to this idea,so idk.But the blockade can be avoided with the sin's jump as some of you have said.So with that,there will be more sins and more QQ about the amount of sins.But,I dont see the point of increasing the amount of ec in bhs and pv...I for one farm and if some people dont have the time but have the money,buy gold and sell it...

Offline Jyeezus

Aint nobody got time for reading that essay.. Lolol

I thought the same shyt...I read like two sentences and my head was spinning. Maybe cuz I pulled an all nighter. Idk x.x

Offline Lucky

• Pokemon Master
  • Feel free to PM ingame if you need any help
Haha yeah, gold is worth much less now, but I guess Aga and crew did try to balance it by increasing the gold. When I started here it was 25 silver per vote, there was 1 vote site only, and u can vote max 2x (or was it 1x?) a day. Well, something like that. Correct me if I'm wrong, other 'veterans' or maybe a GM. So I guess it's fine that gold prices are so low now.

Actually, I agree that you might as well remove the event items forge, or have items that are 'forge only' and not in boutique. As of now, it's prob completely useless aside for OEC, OBC and marriage packs.
ShinyWB Demon Barbarian WildBunch
NaturalTouch Demon Mystic Ducks
LolCrits Sage Assassin
Fistings Demon Blademaster Rawr
LuckyKill Sage Seeker
LoneMaiden Sage Archer

Have you guys ever seen a flock of ducks flying in perfect formation? It's beautiful. Pretty awesome the way they all stick together. Ducks never say die. Ever seen a duck fight? No way. Why? Because the other animals are afraid. They know that if they mess with one duck, they gotta deal with the whole flock. I'm proud to be a Duck, and I'd be proud to fly with any one of you. So how about it? Who's a Duck?

Offline SlowPokie

• Forever.
  • Legendz™.
Most of people on this
Tread acting they know about Econ nigas stfu y'all on ebt-food stamps