Epic Perfect World

Epic Economy

Offline Casualty

• Listening to Manson - Putting Holes in Happiness
We've all heard the loving rumor Epic Coins(EC) will be replaced or even removed entirely from the game (this is not what this thread is about though), but now realistically how much damage would that do? Well I decided I’d make a thread and find out who here actually knows anything about economics. I've yet to see anything other than as I like to call them “jesus economist” claim they know how to solve the economy’s issues or that just want everything to be perfect with the wave of a wand. Sadly for these people such a thing is nonexistent. I got a bit curious really to how our economy is, and within seconds of simply watching the world chat go up, I think anyone can fully understand that we are screwed. Just an example of a highly common thing for Epic:

•   Demonic Tokens Accessories, Armor, or Weapon, these usually always run roughly between 130-160 EC. More so over they run at exactly 150.
•   The Event Forge runs them at 250, 300, and 350 EC.

An economy is based by supply and demand, along with its profits in labor and capital. Of course if we met the value of the Event Forge what would be the purpose of even selling the tokens? Profit is the answer; problem is though that these items are within a person’s reach. Even further at such a lowered price almost entirely halved. The only way to ever change such an issue would be and this is in my views, would be to make it harder to get. Raise the value or add a material(s) to further the cost of manufacturing. You could also do the simpler way being to remove it from the event forge and hold it exclusively as a Boutique item. Now for those who refuse to donate, well you can vote, so there isn’t really much to complain about. The prices for the tokens would show for a raise roughly possibly to that of the Event Forge’s offering prices. That’s only assumed though. As anyone who’s ever strolled through the West City of Archosaur, there’s demonic items for 500 million and dragon for 200 million. It’s another issue I see is value to items. Which this now brings us to an issue I see in such a consistency now it’s somewhat baffling.

•   A Demon Token runs for 150 EC.
•   Dragon gear the max ranked items and to a large part of the community the better gear than R8 and highly cheaper to manufacture runs for 100-145. Yet some will try to buy it for prices destructively lower as: 50-90EC. That’s with all the best sockets, and fully refined too.

However such price changes can happen is insanity itself.  The ability officially to make any even near margin of profit in Epic is virtually impossible. It’s even harder when EC prices can vary from 2-6 million coins each. Yet of course making coins is fairly easy assuming you know though where to farm. Yet it still can provide its own challenge. As the coins are used for purchases at shops and majorly at a God’s Giving. Something I don’t understand for the life of me is Night Scream Island. Why would you go to an area, where EC will drop 100% of the time, but you run the risk of losing it all. Proof of the matter people will use alternative accounts to farm the area, and use the character as a trap to kill you with. Such hostility is mind blowing. So lies a question of either a need for higher drop rates, expanded drops(instead of getting 1-6 EC in say PV, you get 10 at max or even 20), possibly making it an exchangeable item for bank notes. My thoughts though would lie at:

•   Increase drop values occasionally, I’d more so make it an event like item and allow a rate to triple on holidays and then once every month have a double day or weekend even. Where say the entire time you have 24-48 hours of pure EC drops. Seems a bit much though really, though it does give people a higher reason to play and possibly increase support and votes.
•   Subtract items from the Event Forge entirely and make them Boutique only. Myself, I’d remove the Rare Flyers, Mounts, and Demonic Tokens. This could easily give way too for the flyers and mounts to expand in the Boutique.
•   Higher drop rates encourage, but at the same time discourage when the reward is so slim, or rather hard to work for. Why not make keep the rates where they were and instead of raising them, you raise the NPC (mob) values in an area (meaning make more NPCs). Even expand them to different locations. This way you can have someone camp a spot like they would in Unicorn Forest. Now of course, we’ll see alt seekers and mages go to town in these spots. Well to compensate, you could make it extremely hostile like NS so the area is always in pk mode, or be more efficient and even scatter the mobs around the maps. Have 10 spots in the first one, 4 in Morai, 1 in Heaven’s Tear, 2 in Unicorn Forest, 3 in Valley of the Scarred, and 6 in Moonshade Desert. If even possible make an entirely custom map where you have to pay an extremely high amount just to enter and then have a seclusion of mobs for either a set time or endless and make them harder with every death they take.

I of course have many more thoughts I can share even possible solutions, but I think I’d rather listen to the shit storm this thread will soon become for some odd profound reason I cannot ever hope to explain. At least in any known earthly language, with that in mind, that’s all from me for now. I'm really more so curious though to see what Agatio thinks of his own economy, and our GMs. Is this ideal for us? Why? Do you see any need for improvements, where and why, how even? Could it be beneficial if GMs were suddenly included into our economy, let them step into our shoes with nothing again and remember the dirt that made them mold it.
Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 08:48 am by Casualty

Casualty - 150
Sacrifical - 150
Nymphomaniac - 150
Descention - 145
Elite - 142

LaceyPip

Thank you so much for sharing your ideas and view on the economy.  I for one, do not take much notice of the economy in EPW, I do what I have to, to get what I need ....your post certainly stirred some curiosity in me to explore some ideas you have.

Now brace yourself for the crap thats gonna fly your way!!!!

Robbert

Boosting the amount of EC's received from the PV boss would only lead to the increase of the amount of sins by 5000000000%, but if you ask me, 20-30EC's every let's say 5 mins (the time needed to reach the boss) isn't bad at all, in fact it's quite fair, seeing these low lvls having to run the whole PV and gain 6 EC's at the end of it is pretty unfair, knowing they need around 30 mins- 1h to finish it. I couldn't agree more with this suggestion, in fact I'm looking forward for it to materialize, because hell I know how hard it is for a newcomer to gear herself/himself without support from an older player, this would help them a lot, and why not, the older members along it.

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
nice read.  :smiley:
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline Casualty

Thank you so much for sharing your ideas and view on the economy.  I for one, do not take much notice of the economy in EPW, I do what I have to, to get what I need ....your post certainly stirred some curiosity in me to explore some ideas you have.

Now brace yourself for the crap thats gonna fly your way!!!!

Glad I could show your mind something new. I'm really curious if anyone can even make this into something like the horrid shit storm we can always expect. I actually have hopes people look at the thread and simply add ideas that really could work and even change us entirely for a better server. I can dream can't I?
Boosting the amount of EC's received from the PV boss would only lead to the increase of the amount of sins by 5000000000%, but if you ask me, 20-30EC's every let's say 5 mins (the time needed to reach the boss) isn't bad at all, in fact it's quite fair, seeing these low lvls having to run the whole PV and gain 6 EC's at the end of it is pretty unfair, knowing they need around 30 mins- 1h to finish it. I couldn't agree more with this suggestion, in fact I'm looking forward for it to materialize, because hell I know how hard it is for a newcomer to gear herself/himself without support from an older player, this would help them a lot, and why not, the older members along it.

That's another thing, for those who don't know where to get these materials to get their gear. It is difficult especially if you're the common player who NEVER looks at the forums until they have nothing left. Why not make a special PV specifically mobs that only drop 120-140 mats? It's a bit much to ask for, but in the same light it gives a whole new ease to newcomers and gives them the ability and maybe even an urge to stay. That's just my idealism though.
Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 07:14 am by Casualty

Casualty - 150
Sacrifical - 150
Nymphomaniac - 150
Descention - 145
Elite - 142

Robbert

Nah keep PV as it is, just boost the EC amount received to 20-30, would be a great thing .

Offline Casualty

Nah keep PV as it is, just boost the EC amount received to 20-30, would be a great thing .

Thought, thought, thought...Too bad it never bought?

Casualty - 150
Sacrifical - 150
Nymphomaniac - 150
Descention - 145
Elite - 142

Offline Jim~

Aint nobody got time for reading that essay.. Lolol

Offline SlowPokie

• Forever.
  • Legendz™.
atm epw epic coin suck. we have many farmers but all using all ec they farmed on r8 and trade market is dead if aga allows donation for ec it will allow other farmers to sell there gods and get geared aswell which isnt a bad thing and many people will donate for ec and it will help support server and fill up aga's pocket and he will be able to share with other gms and thank them for there gr8 service towards server :) ijs. nuw hard PHEeLING PLS>

Offline Casualty

Aint nobody got time for reading that essay.. Lolol

Disappointing to see that you'd refuse something that you don't even know if you agree or disagree with. I live truly to the motto, "Don't knock till you try it." I'd ask the same of you.

____________________________________________________________-
atm epw epic coin suck. we have many farmers but all using all ec they farmed on r8 and trade market is dead if aga allows donation for ec it will allow other farmers to sell there gods and get geared aswell which isnt a bad thing and many people will donate for ec and it will help support server and fill up aga's pocket and he will be able to share with other gms and thank them for there gr8 service towards server :) ijs. nuw hard PHEeLING PLS>

Please try to make yourself decent at least here, that's not much to ask is it really? For one, what would make you want to be forced into donating to avoid the time consuming task as you believe it is to farm EC? What would the price(s) be for this Boutique EC for that matter? How would it help anyone with gear? With all in mind do you really want Agatio and the GMs to be so greedy and decide to stop caring about the server and strictly for money? What if they simply just increased Boutique prices and dropped donation rates? Your post has no value whatsoever is my point, the only thing it is, is fear.
Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 08:56 am by Casualty

Casualty - 150
Sacrifical - 150
Nymphomaniac - 150
Descention - 145
Elite - 142

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
We've all heard the loving rumor Epic Coins(EC) will be replaced or even removed entirely from the game...

not happening, Epic Coin is the main currency in our server , it will never be replaced nor removed.
rumours are just that...rumours.
started by people that got nothing else to do than star spreading fake rumours that have nothing related to the EpicPW Staff.

Offline Casualty

not happening, Epic Coin is the main currency in our server , it will never be replaced nor removed.
started by people that got nothing else to do than star spreading fake rumours that have nothing related to the EpicPW Staff.

It depresses me to know what you were willing to read Evil....

Casualty - 150
Sacrifical - 150
Nymphomaniac - 150
Descention - 145
Elite - 142

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
  • Let them hate me, so long as they fear me

ET saves the day again! I never believed this from the start, removing EC would be a huge mistake because the drop rates on this server are high and it would be all too easy to earn the equivilent coin in EC to pretty much devalue every item on the server. As for replacing it... what would be the point of that? If only to attempt to change the value of items by making the new currency worth less and harder to obtain. But if they wanted to do that all they would need to do is put forge items up in price and players would soon follow.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
It depresses me to know what you were willing to read Evil....

i dunno why o.O
you are stating things based on rumours you heard, i simply told you that is not happening.

Offline c3Po

• Characters: Uncomplete
Yes pls, iam sick of that stupid farming  :-X