Epic Perfect World

Important

Offline Jyeezus

You say they take hard hits from magic classes, please be more specific.

You claim sins rape them pretty hard yet I have seen a mystic tank 3+ sins without having to move. How does your claim of extremely low defense cover cases like this?

You claim mystic damage is extremely low without using boosts. Yet I see mystics hitting in excess of 10k on HA/LA without using their boost skills. (Magic attacks.) As well as damage well over 15k without using Rapid Growth. What kind of gear, skills & targets did you test on to come to this conclusion?

You also claim the heals are crazy and could use a nerf, it seems to me that this particular point is an essential part of their defenses, did you bother using heals and defense skills when testing their defense?

Ok. Lol here we go again. Anywho! First of all what sins are you talkin bout? Sins in nirvana gear? Cuz one GOOD sin is enough to take down a mystic. Second, what FCKIN mystic hits 10k-15k easily on HA magic attacks? Woah! I would have to crit lots. Or spark to do that. And still that's pretty decent either way. R u asking we hit just 5k max and BAM! They r balanced out? Smh and third, besides their heals!!!!, ALL they have is natures barrier to reduce dng taken by 50% and has like a 90 second cool down. They need their heals. It's tough but u can work around it and still kill a mystic.

Idk, i dont see venos having a skill that goes through defense effects, devastates magic classes and even deals 11k on my seeker, and is pretty spammable, costs 0 chi. And veno cant heal, mystic also has defense buffs and a skill that reduces dmg taken. Mystic has every kind of debuff in one and they are pretty spammable too, and they are also aoe. So idk bro. Ill kill a veno way easier then a mystic, but i guess its just me.

U basically r just saying cuz the fact its NOT easy to kill a mystic that they require a nerf? Wtf ur a seeker and honestly I know ur a good one. There's plenty of players who find seekers hard to take down but that's no excuse to b like "yah this class too OP. QQ nerf please" and why?! CUZ SEEKERS CAN STILL B TAKEN DOWN one way or another JUST like mystics. I feel sins r hard to take down but I'm not gonna hope for a nerf. they r hard to kill but so what. Do u guys not care for that one class that gives a challenge and keeps u on ur toes?!?

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Perhaps you should read for once, instead of just talking Niecoletta. A lot of good players (several of which are mystics) have put up various concerns about absorb souls power over the few topics it's been discussed in.

Ok. Lol here we go again. Anywho! First of all what sins are you talkin bout? Sins in nirvana gear? Cuz one GOOD sin is enough to take down a mystic. Second, what FCKIN mystic hits 10k-15k easily on HA magic attacks? Woah! I would have to crit lots. Or spark to do that. And still that's pretty decent either way. R u asking we hit just 5k max and BAM! They r balanced out? Smh and third, besides their heals!!!!, ALL they have is natures barrier to reduce dng taken by 50% and has like a 90 second cool down. They need their heals. It's tough but u can work around it and still kill a mystic.

About the mystic tanking 3+ sins:
A purifyspell mystic that knows how to play can easily tank quite a lot and yes the sins were in 150 gear.

I also never said heals needed to be nerfed, you should really quit quoting me & then making arguments against things that have nothing to do with my post.  Also, absorb can hit in excess of 30k without much trouble and as such the nerf I proposed (cutting it in half) would reduce that to 15, not 5k.

Oh and about their defenses. They also have a stun pet, a seal pet, an aps/chan debuff plant, a sleep plant, falling petals and their regular buff that in the right culti gives tidal protection to go with it. Just some facts you conveniently left out.

Also, if you, a mystic, have to crit in order to deal 10k damage then you should take a good long look at your skillbar because there are many, many possible combos that without much chi or cooldown can easily exceed this.

U basically r just saying cuz the fact its NOT easy to kill a mystic that they require a nerf? Wtf ur a seeker and honestly I know ur a good one. There's plenty of players who find seekers hard to take down but that's no excuse to b like "yah this class too OP. QQ nerf please" and why?! CUZ SEEKERS CAN STILL B TAKEN DOWN one way or another JUST like mystics. I feel sins r hard to take down but I'm not gonna hope for a nerf. they r hard to kill but so what. Do u guys not care for that one class that gives a challenge and keeps u on ur toes?!?

You are claiming something entirely different from what he said & then make an argument against your own fantasy.  Re-read his post.

Offline Jyeezus

Perhaps you should read for once, instead of just talking Niecoletta. A lot of good players (several of which are mystics) have put up various concerns about absorb souls power over the few topics it's been discussed in.

About the mystic tanking 3+ sins:
A purifyspell mystic that knows how to play can easily tank quite a lot and yes the sins were in 150 gear.

I also never said heals needed to be nerfed, you should really quit quoting me & then making arguments against things that have nothing to do with my post.  Also, absorb can hit in excess of 30k without much trouble and as such the nerf I proposed (cutting it in half) would reduce that to 15, not 5k.

Oh and about their defenses. They also have a stun pet, a seal pet, an aps/chan debuff plant, a sleep plant, falling petals and their regular buff that in the right culti gives tidal protection to go with it. Just some facts you conveniently left out.

Also, if you, a mystic, have to crit in order to deal 10k damage then you should take a good long look at your skillbar because there are many, many possible combos that without much chi or cooldown can easily exceed this.

You are claiming something entirely different from what he said & then make an argument against your own fantasy.  Re-read his post.

I'm not just babbling nonsense from thin air. The fact that u say this mystic had a purify weapon that helped him/her survive is not a valid argument to state. Cuz that's a stat from a weapon NOT the mystic itself. No u never said heals needed to b NERFED but others did. I have ur quote there for the "3 sins tanking one mystic and 10k-15k dmg dealt by them". So no no hunny how bout YOU RE-read and understand why I say things in my post. Its highly relevant for what is being said in this thread.

And as for vindex quote. Do u not realize what thread we are all posting in? Pookie is basically being an advocate that mystics don't really require a nerf. And if vindex is posting that mystics r indeed hard for him to defeat. does it not really make any sense what I said? I quote him not ONLY in RESPONCE to HIM but to FOCUS on what HE SAID! but for others as well as a whole and this entire thread. How bout u quit quoting what I SAY with unnecessary and irrelevant things besides the point of the thread. K thx bye booboo.

Offline Vindex

• The Guardian
  • Hood on soldier, do not let them see your eyes.
  • Characters: Vindex, Raiten
  • Faction: One Who Lurks

Bro when did i ever mention a nerf, i only said they are hard to kill for me cuz of all those things, its how the class is, and they aint easy for me, for others they may be, im just stating my opinion =o

Offline Jyeezus

Bro when did i ever mention a nerf, i only said they are hard to kill for me cuz of all those things, its how the class is, and they aint easy for me, for others they may be, im just stating my opinion =o

Vindex I wasn't trying to come off directly at u. Sorry for that. I only said what I said cuz OTHERS say this and claim  they require a nerf. I see so many posts in threads that r similar to what u said that it registered in my head that way. hence we r in a thread against nerfs on the mystic class. I was just using what u said and pointing it out for others in this thread. But yah sorry. U didn't really mention a nerf but as I said it just registered that way to me cuz of all the nerf QQs on a mystic.

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
Mystics are OP.
I'm not asking for a nerf but, seriously? you try and deny it?
A friend of mine used his plant, rapid growth and leech, and hit me 20k with absorb....
All I do is 2-4k damage on him, unless I 3-spark I'm pretty sure I'd have no chance.
As a psy, the class being nerfed enough, I'm not bothered because usually I can find ways to counter it but with mystics there's no way I can kill them while they're constantly leeching, absorbing, healing...
I just think its stupid people are denying their OPness.
I play mystic, I agree it's overly OP despite its low pdef, it's why I stopped playing them, they're so easy.
Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 10:02 pm by Keraa ♥

Offline Jyeezus

Everyone's always gonna have a different opinion based on their class. I'm just defending them cuz it's not as simple as just naming what THEY have. It's WHAT YOU HAVE as well and how you use it.

Offline ibi

uh well lets see....

mystic's p def - A mystic thats unbuffed is the easiest thing to kill since they have around like 10k unbuffed if u got full r8 and stuff, any HA class can purge (Purge pole useable as Seeker, BM, barb + barb has purge skill), so can LA classes with their bow. But yea as for magic classes, its ofc harder to kill since we all know 1v1'ing magic classes will result in a loooong fight and yea i'd basically say the one with more experience wins. since the pvp on pw is highly luck based.

Absorb Soul - i know u've all been bishing bout this but yea i wouldnt call it really gamebreaking to hit like 30k with it, since mages hit a lot more, but yea theres is a way to survive it even if the mystic sparked, some classes could use purify skills, IG, faith, AD, and theres 1 more genie skill which u can spam that makes u resist absorb soul. But yea an experienced player in pk, knows how to avoid it.

Heals - its good as it is lol, most people could 2 shot a mystic easily when hes unbuffed and if hes buffed and only spam heals himself the tactic with purging first still works, since the cooldown of Verdant Shell is pretty long and he cant rebuff himself fast enough if u purge twice in a row, and yea making the cooldown longer would make this class pretty much useless since falling petals doesnt heal that much  + an archer could drop a mystic easily in 3-4 seconds. As for magic classes:

- wizards = fire spark combo timing then hes down
- Venos = purge + debuff combo till u get a lucky crit and win
- Clerics = seems like an endless fight but its possible with that metal mage mode.
- Psychics = gotta react fast enough to counter absorb souls and higher survivability, soulburn, charm debuff + channeling debuff, 100 skill to seal him, Aoe, stun, hit, hit u win.

(This applies only if u have full r8 endgame PK gear, also the gear u get from supply tokens).

Offline Derrius

• Alt: Poison_ivan
Omg why everytime im bout to vote I see a thread that catches my attention and its ppl crying to nerf another class. Really ? Like really ?  Is nerfing a class yall solution to everything ? Idk what yall talking about when yall say they are tanks. Seen plenty of mystics get bent over by sins... You know what im not going to get into this if agatio decide to nerf this class it will be another thread asking for another class  to be nerfed.

Derrius_-150-R8 Cleric-Fac: Nohomo

Offline Jolhans

• Old Player
uh well lets see....

mystic's p def - A mystic thats unbuffed is the easiest thing to kill since they have around like 10k unbuffed if u got full r8 and stuff, any HA class can purge (Purge pole useable as Seeker, BM, barb + barb has purge skill), so can LA classes with their bow. But yea as for magic classes, its ofc harder to kill since we all know 1v1'ing magic classes will result in a loooong fight and yea i'd basically say the one with more experience wins. since the pvp on pw is highly luck based.

Absorb Soul - i know u've all been bishing bout this but yea i wouldnt call it really gamebreaking to hit like 30k with it, since mages hit a lot more, but yea theres is a way to survive it even if the mystic sparked, some classes could use purify skills, IG, faith, AD, and theres 1 more genie skill which u can spam that makes u resist absorb soul. But yea an experienced player in pk, knows how to avoid it.

Heals - its good as it is lol, most people could 2 shot a mystic easily when hes unbuffed and if hes buffed and only spam heals himself the tactic with purging first still works, since the cooldown of Verdant Shell is pretty long and he cant rebuff himself fast enough if u purge twice in a row, and yea making the cooldown longer would make this class pretty much useless since falling petals doesnt heal that much  + an archer could drop a mystic easily in 3-4 seconds. As for magic classes:

- wizards = fire spark combo timing then hes down
- Venos = purge + debuff combo till u get a lucky crit and win
- Clerics = seems like an endless fight but its possible with that metal mage mode.
- Psychics = gotta react fast enough to counter absorb souls and higher survivability, soulburn, charm debuff + channeling debuff, 100 skill to seal him, Aoe, stun, hit, hit u win.

(This applies only if u have full r8 endgame PK gear, also the gear u get from supply tokens).
this, I thought you were only worth to look for wifeys LOL. But great opinion you got there.

Ehhh my dph mode can 1 shop archers or mystics with knife trow,  ofc, crit zerk. I dont play a mystic and I dont agree either that they are OP at all, even though they hit on me for 18k with AS sometimes.... Yeah the heal is annoying as *** but atleast they dont got purge u.u.

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
if the mystic is a good player then its OP if he/she don't know what she's doing then Not OP.
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits
If you have a problem with how classes were designed, feel free to submit a complaint at w2i.wanmei.com. If you are having troubles translating, I'm sure you will find many people willing to do so here: http://www.pw-yzj.com/.

No matter how Agatio nerfs the skills, the class will still not be balanced. Too much nerfing results in a weak class, too little nerfing results in a strong class. And there is no in-between. Yes, you can reduce the damage of absorb soul but that won't increase your chances of winning against mystic, because they will still be able to heal a lot. And they need this heal because they don't have an instant free stun skill to defend themselves like other classes without heals do. If an archer attacked a mystic without a healing ability, they would be down before they could summon a devil chihyu and send him out to stun the archer or get close enough to use gale force. In short, they need the heal because they don't have a free four second stun which venomancer has, 12 second stun like psychic has, three second seal like wizard has etc.

Please do not mess with skills. If you need to nerf something, nerf the gear. I am sure it is possible to maintain some kind of balance without messing with the skills.

Elly - 150 Sage venomancer
Decipher - 150 Demon mystic

[22:32:11] Chad: the name rev
[22:32:13] Chad: is foul language

yunie1

If you have a problem with how classes were designed, feel free to submit a complaint at w2i.wanmei.com. If you are having troubles translating, I'm sure you will find many people willing to do so here: http://www.pw-yzj.com/.

No matter how Agatio nerfs the skills, the class will still not be balanced. Too much nerfing results in a weak class, too little nerfing results in a strong class. And there is no in-between. Yes, you can reduce the damage of absorb soul but that won't increase your chances of winning against mystic, because they will still be able to heal a lot. And they need this heal because they don't have an instant free stun skill to defend themselves like other classes without heals do. If an archer attacked a mystic without a healing ability, they would be down before they could summon a devil chihyu and send him out to stun the archer or get close enough to use gale force. In short, they need the heal because they don't have a free four second stun which venomancer has, 12 second stun like psychic has, three second seal like wizard has etc.

Please do not mess with skills. If you need to nerf something, nerf the gear. I am sure it is possible to maintain some kind of balance without messing with the skills.

yunie1

this, I thought you were only worth to look for wifeys LOL. But great opinion you got there.

Ehhh my dph mode can 1 shop archers or mystics with knife trow,  ofc, crit zerk. I dont play a mystic and I dont agree either that they are OP at all, even though they hit on me for 18k with AS sometimes.... Yeah the heal is annoying as *** but atleast they dont got purge u.u.

Tidal.