Epic Perfect World

Rebalancing Psychics.

Offline civesclade

• Beginner
Ok now i know because of the title most people arent even going to bother reading this, but if you got this far please hear me out. Im new to the server but i looked around the forums for this situation already before i made this.

The first thing i noticed was the psychic's weapons being unrefinable, but having their +12 damage. At first i thought this was a good idea, even though i have played psychic for years and its by far my favorite class, even i know that at level 150 their soulforce would be insane.

However.. I remembered that soulforce is NOT just for psychics, ALL characters have soulforce. Everyone uses their soulforce with their morai skills, and a lot of them compare the soulforce between the caster and the target to determine the strength of the skill. This is where i saw the problem. With psychics now having less soulforce than everyone else, this means psychics are now more vulnerable to everyone elses morai skills.

For example. Absorbing Array, a cleric skill, absorbs the enemies ability to heal determined oby the compared soulforce, wihs a minimum absorbsion of 2000 and a maximum of 18000. So for this particular skill.. psychics would take a MUCH greater hit than any other class would here because of all that soulforce they have taken away from them.

My suggestion to fix this would be simply to make everyone elses weapons unrefineable and at +12 damage, so psychics would still have less soulforce so less over powered stuns ect, but they wouldnt be so much lower than everyone elses either.

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
Really good point here, although i'd prefer to just have the soulforce capped.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
This topic has been covered already a few weeks ago I think.

Some of the things brought up there were that, while  it did make a slight difference, at full +12 most morai skills hit the maxed out amount anyway, target being a psy or not. For the rest the difference is very small.

While I don't see any problems with nerfing the soulforce of others to match that of psy's I do think it may be quite a lot of work for a very small effect on balance.

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
I agree with Fab, just add a soulforce cap. I'm assuming the reason psychics cannot refine is because their soulforce would be too high. Other classes should not have to suffer because psychics rely on soulforce. Taking away refines for every class would create a big imbalance in the game. I agree that psychics are OP'd to an extent but nerfing every other class will not solve anything. I said to an extent, they have their weaknesses and strengths but imo WV, BV, SoV and SoS make up for a lot of what they lack.
I'm only keeping this account open because of the memories I have on here, the good and the bad. I logged in just to change my account, and then I'm putting this dusty book back on the shelf.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I agree with Fab, just add a soulforce cap. I'm assuming the reason psychics cannot refine is because their soulforce would be too high. Other classes should not have to suffer because psychics rely on soulforce. Taking away refines for every class would create a big imbalance in the game. I agree that psychics are OP'd to an extent but nerfing every other class will not solve anything. I said to an extent, they have their weaknesses and strengths but imo WV, BV, SoV and SoS make up for a lot of what they lack.

I think you misunderstand the request. Refines would not just be taken away, the gears would be compensated to have the stats that they would've had with a refine, just without the soulforce boost from an actual refine.

In any case, capping soulforce would be great, but I think Aga mentioned in another topic that adding a cap for anything is very difficult. Probably very worthwhile looking into though, not just for soulforce balance.

Offline BamBam

• Old Player
This topic has been covered already a few weeks ago I think.

Some of the things brought up there were that, while  it did make a slight difference, at full +12 most morai skills hit the maxed out amount anyway, target being a psy or not. For the rest the difference is very small.

While I don't see any problems with nerfing the soulforce of others to match that of psy's I do think it may be quite a lot of work for a very small effect on balance.

^This... and I don't think the idea was brought up on a related forum topic. so the op could not have found it very easily. I don't like the idea of making all weapons unrefinable, yeah yeah I know it still has refined damage, but it could possibly make new player go "WTF???" and not give the server a chance without searching forums and finding out the reason why it is capped. (I almost did the same thing as a psy was my first char on this server fortunately I know how to read forums). If the soulforce cant be capped without taking refines away then I wouldn't worry about it as it really isn't that big of a deal.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Psychics with the next patch will receive blessing with 5atk levels and additional soulforce to match the other classes. At same time the proc rate of soul of silence will be lowered to the current value. I will actually think about blessings for all remaining classes (fair ones, nothing OP), although I don't cannot think about the right blessings for archers and wizards yet.

Offline BamBam

• Old Player
Psychics with the next patch will receive blessing with 5atk levels and additional soulforce to match the other classes. At same time the proc rate of soul of silence will be lowered to the current value. I will actually think about blessings for all remaining classes (fair ones, nothing OP), although I don't cannot think about the right blessings for archers and wizards yet.

psychics need more attack levels? I have an Idea, bring back the daily blessings from the school teacher or w/e it was called. There was never any blessing QQ until those got taken away. Now everyday people QQ about blessings.
Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 01:56 am by BamBam

Offline _Jose_

lol why would they need 5atk level? isn't their damage too much already.

psychics need more attack levels? I have an Idea, bring back the daily blessings from the school teacher or w/e it was called. There was never any blessing QQ until those got taken away. Now everyday people QQ about blessings.

^+1 to this!

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x

thank you very much  :smiley:
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline Suwolo157

I don't think psychics need extra 5 attack level but meh. Also, adding more soulforce to psychics will only make their skills a little bit more OP. Especially, Soul of Stunning. Soul of Stunning is really OP now, why make it even more? Aw. But is ok.

Oh and yes, give sins def blessing. We too squishy.  :'(

^ This.
Did you read this?
Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 02:54 am by Suwolo157

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
I don't think psychics need extra 5 attack level but meh. Also, adding more soulforce to psychics will only make their skills a little bit more OP. Especially, Soul of Stunning. Soul of Stunning is really OP now, why make it even more? Aw. But is ok.

don't fortify/anti-stun quickly takes care of that? imo Soul of Silence is more troublesome.
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline Beloved ♥

• Fab ♥
  • 08.03.13 ♥
  • Characters: Beloved, Euphoric
  • Faction: Fab's bed
I personally don't think Psychics need an attack blessing.
What we need is a blessing that provides us with more defense.
Read this and grow up
 Don't play anymore. Won't play anymore. Bye.

Offline Daichi_

I personally don't think Psychics need an attack blessing.
What we need is a blessing that provides us with more defense.

False. want to see my videos of tanking 6 people?

Psychic morai skills are essentially worthless. The one damage morai skill we have isn't viable.
Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 03:19 am by Daichi_

Offline Daichi_

I think a channeling blessing instead of the attack levels would be a better trade in.. Psychics have alot of attack levels as is, but super low CT, nothing big, like 6-10% or something