Epic Perfect World

PLEASE HELP!

Offline Melopan

• Forever Alone
  • Characters: BeepersBaby
  • Faction: WildStorm
I seriously need help. I just finished installing the game. I started to customize my character. I wanted to edit the character further by messing with the .ini files but I noticed when I saved a preset and checked out the .ini files, the saved preset does not appear in any of the files. And yes, I went to the right folder. I've been doing this in the original PWI and previous private servers. I don't know what is wrong and I'd really like some help with this.

Please and thank you!

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Hello. Please try the following:

- please check if your modified character appearance is active in character creation screen. To do it, log onto your account, click button create and search for class the look you have been editing before. It should have your modified appearance and also possibly the ini preset you saved before

- if it doesn't have your edited look, please edit the preset again or load your saved ini file. I always do it this way. I pick the class I want to play and save the ini under certain name. Then I'm going to EPW/element/userdata/character and searching for my saved preset by typing the name (ctrl + F) under which I saved it

- if you are having some saved preset from other clients, you can go to previously mentioned folder and just copy the saved look there. Then just restart the client and your ini should be visible in character creation or makeover screen

Offline Melopan

• Forever Alone
Hello. Please try the following:

- please check if your modified character appearance is active in character creation screen. To do it, log onto your account, click button create and search for class the look you have been editing before. It should have your modified appearance and also possibly the ini preset you saved before

- if it doesn't have your edited look, please edit the preset again or load your saved ini file. I always do it this way. I pick the class I want to play and save the ini under certain name. Then I'm going to EPW/element/userdata/character and searching for my saved preset by typing the name (ctrl + F) under which I saved it

- if you are having some saved preset from other clients, you can go to previously mentioned folder and just copy the saved look there. Then just restart the client and your ini should be visible in character creation or makeover screen

I've tried all those options and they haven't worked for me. And now I can't open up the launcher. There's a pop up that says: "the program can't start because PackDLL.dll is missing from your computer" :/
I think I'll just go to a different private server ...

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
  • Empathy is a dying art.
  • Characters: Sleep|Snooze|Opiate|Snore
  • Faction: EPW_Team
4. Error: Missing patcher.exe or PackDLL.dll file
- Run fixit.bat in EPW/launcher
- Add patcher.exe or PackDLL.dll to your antivirus exception list and check again

Most minor problems like this can be found http://epicpw.com/support/known-issues-and-fixes/

You don't want to exasperate GN Sleep  :pig-11: :pig-37:

Offline Melopan

• Forever Alone
Okay so the launcher is opening up again but my character customization problem still isn't fixed. No matter how many times I save a preset with specific names, I can't find them in the .ini files. Did I do something wrong? And even when I copy another preset from the original PWI .ini files and paste them in the EPW .ini files, it does not appear in-game :/  ....
Should I reinstall the game?

Offline Kaleidoscope

• Tangle was here ♥
  • Surge was here ♥
This might be a stupid question, but have you tried using your computer's search function to search for the file names in the EPW folder?

Offline Spanky69erZ

• Don't Worry Be happy. ^_^
I got the same problem , already tried the option Aga gave . BUt still can't find the .ini file on game folder directory,
(Epicpw/element/character/customize/... )  etc. and look in folder number for specific class, even you save preset from character customization. Someone got a solution for this, I made my research from google already but the link is not even close to the problem . I need help
Thanks!

:normal-44:

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
  • My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it.
  • Characters: Unicorn
  • Faction: ThaClicK
I got the same problem , already tried the option Aga gave . BUt still can't find the .ini file on game folder directory,
(Epicpw/element/character/customize/... )  etc. and look in folder number for specific class, even you save preset from character customization. Someone got a solution for this, I made my research from google already but the link is not even close to the problem . I need help
Thanks!

:normal-44:

Mmm. I had lost all of my inis for no reason too a little while ago. Tried a different server to see what it was like, went into my epic folders to grab my inis and they were gone. :'(
[9:53:42 AM] Matty: FACTOR ALPHA UNICORN WANTS ME TO RUB HER HORN OH MY GOD
[9:54:05 AM] ♥: Yes, my Dear One. Rub it, and rub it good.