Epic Perfect World

Possible scam

Offline ghostlyone

• Family is not defined by Blood
Okay, not so much a question, as more of a warning. Tonight someone said they were quitting, because their account had been hacked and they lost items. Well I was willing to go with them to farm to get 140 gear, (in place of 150 until they could get better.) They said that they didn't have time, but then asked for money/notes. I told him that I didn't have enough barely for one piece of armor. I offered 140 dual swords, he denied, adamant that he wanted money/notes, then said EC would help also. I denied and told him that if he truly was hacked, and (Had not shared info) to contact the GMS. He about 5 minutes later was fighting with full 150 armor. Just thought this would be a nice tid bit to share.
Hate to see nice people like my faction leader, and others get scammed, especially when trying to help someone in a rough situation.
"We do not fear the unknown, we fear that which we cannot control."
"One must remember to dream, when all else seams lost."
"If intelligence is not created, but learned, then to deny the intelligence of the world's creator, is to deny your own intelligence."
"To lose hope is to have stopped searching for an answer, that my be under your nose."
"Hold on to what you believe, despite what others may think, for in the end it may be all you have left."
"We were all made to be something, whether that something is good or bad, it is what you were intended to do. Do not under value your role."

LaceyPip

Thank you for making us all aware of this.  There will always be those who will try and take advantage of people, the lazy ones, the ill mannered ones, the lawless ones.

I again commend you for being helpful in this game ....and I know its not the first time. So Proud to have you in my faction. Thank you!!  ;)

Offline kyandeisu

• Old Player
thanks for the headsup hopefully no one will truelly fall for it.

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
Thank you for the warning but it would be very helpful if you put in the post the name of the toon they were using so we can be on the lookout for them and if they try this again to warn people via world chat.
I'm only keeping this account open because of the memories I have on here, the good and the bad. I logged in just to change my account, and then I'm putting this dusty book back on the shelf.

Offline Rinadiel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: HellRazor
Thank you for the warning but it would be very helpful if you put in the post the name of the toon they were using so we can be on the lookout for them and if they try this again to warn people via world chat.
posting the name could cause uneeded drama, In any scam situation a SS should be sent to a GM not posted on forums, This is a warning tho and ty for warning us about this. Sucks that people have to take advantage of other people :sad:

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
posting the name could cause uneeded drama, In any scam situation a SS should be sent to a GM not posted on forums, This is a warning tho and ty for warning us about this. Sucks that people have to take advantage of other people :sad:

In cases of conning people out of their stuff it was made very obvious months ago that the GMs do not care about it. If they cared then there would be some sort of punishment for people doing this but there isn't. It would be pointless to take screenshots when they would be disregarded. Putting the name of the toon doing this out there will help us know who to call a scammer.
I'm only keeping this account open because of the memories I have on here, the good and the bad. I logged in just to change my account, and then I'm putting this dusty book back on the shelf.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
its pathetic the schemes people come up with..although it is the internet ^^ people will always try to go the easy way...Thanks for warning players about this  :-\