Epic Perfect World

HA cleric - help with stats + gears dragon and r8

Offline Consist

• Old Player
Best support cleric = HA Helmet HA Top HA Legs HA Boots AA Wrists 2 Magic Rings and 2 Elemental Orns. If you have good stats on R8, HA Helmet, R8 Top HA Legs HA Boots and R8 Wrists. 2 pcs of R8 for the +20 def lvl since you won't be needing the atk lvls.

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
What the actually hell ... It's obvious you have never played a cleric then nor have mass PKed. In middle of mass PK, an arcane cleric can only tank 1 person. And alone, I've killed countless arcane clerics in mass PK without struggling (unless some wizzy or archer is on me but whatever, that's what sparks, apoth and genie are for).

And they are popular because: "Oh look at this little sin, trying to aps me to death, how cute". And full HA cleric sucks like HA veno does. Both of them have low magic defense getting constantly 1 combo'ed by wizard's fire combo or mystic's absourb soul.

So; my opinion - go for HA boots, HA legs, and then go for r8 wrists and r8 top; also - Arcane Headgear due to the fact that it has Reduce Physical Damage and gives sum magic I believe. On the wrists try to get channeling, or Magic / Strenght / Dexterity (you can restat str and dex to mag) and on the top try to get " + % Physical Defense " or just channeling or some stats. Now for ornaments, go for a physical cube neck and a physical warsong belt. If you can't get any of these, just use the good ole' physical dragon accessories. And use both magical rings for the channeling and magic. Use a dragon cape, the new one is better, the one you can get on NW forges and now this is your choice. If you wanna be a ultimate tank, go for VIT tome (Thousand Miles of Mist) which gives +50 vit, reduce physical damage +8% and speed. BUT, if you wanna have more magic and less channeling time go for MAG tome ( The Nightwatch ). This is everything for gear I believe.

Now about the build; use the minimum str and dex then put the rest into magic. If you need any advices or tips, just PM Zilara, Alive, ChicaBomb who in my opinion are the best clerics here.

At this point I'm disregarding your replies to me. Everything you have to say is something negative to me without even supporting some good points I make. Honestly, replying to me would be a waste of your time.

Also, I'd have to say that Medication is the best Cleric.
I'm only keeping this account open because of the memories I have on here, the good and the bad. I logged in just to change my account, and then I'm putting this dusty book back on the shelf.

Antihero

Because tbh, you know nothing about PK and everything you say is ... overall bad ...

On the previous post you didn't say any useful tip, okay, go mass PK with full arcane cleric, good luck surviving when you're out of AD and IG.  :normal-2:

I forgot to mention Medication, and I know Medication is a pretty good cleric. But Medication is AA. He's a good damage dealing cleric but in mass PK he can't stand too long. I've been on one of the major PK factions and I know what I'm talking about. Get your facts straight. Okay I don't want this thread to be closed so let's just stop here if you don't have any constructive tips and advices.  ^-^

Take a shower, your self-righteousness is stinking up the place. Why would a healer be tanking in mass PK? Did you guys miss the part about being a healer? You know, the primary function of a Cleric?

Quote from: Antihero
"[this game] was meant for players to provide their character's skills in combination with the skills of other classes in group play."

The Cleric heals while the others tank. If this is going to continue being an issue, I say Agatio should just give every class every skill and all let them wear armor with equal magic and physical defense and let them go at it. I don't see that happening, however, so I say people should learn their role.

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
Because tbh, you know nothing about PK and everything you say is ... overall bad ...

On the previous post you didn't say any useful tip, okay, go mass PK with full arcane cleric, good luck surviving when you're out of AD and IG.  :normal-2:

I forgot to mention Medication, and I know Medication is a pretty good cleric. But Medication is AA. He's a good damage dealing cleric but in mass PK he can't stand too long. I've been on one of the major PK factions and I know what I'm talking about. Get your facts straight. Okay I don't want this thread to be closed so let's just stop here if you don't have any constructive tips and advices.  ^-^

I think the previous post by AntiHero pretty much sums up what I was going to say. I also have to add in that you give teenagers a bad name, making us all look like self-righteous snobs.
Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 05:57 pm by TheFelineLife
I'm only keeping this account open because of the memories I have on here, the good and the bad. I logged in just to change my account, and then I'm putting this dusty book back on the shelf.

Antihero

2 randoms trying to give PK lectures, when I barely see them PKin. GF.  :normal-1: :normal-2:  :D

And still making more sense than you. Good game. *insert emote spam here*

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
Do you know the primary function of a Cleric in mass PK? Heal. And how can an arcane cleric, who can't tank, heal a squad? He can't. He will have a ton load of sins and people ganking him. He will die in 1 second once he runs out of IG and AD. In mass PK, get 2 archers to try and kill an arcane cleric. Easy game. 123 drop. Now get 2 archers to try and kill an hybrid cleric. They can't or if they can it will take loads of time since they have a high amount physical defense and if the cleric is demon they have that insane physical defense buff that comes up with that healing skill which I can't remember the name.

2 randoms trying to give PK lectures, when I barely see them PKin. GF.  :normal-1: :normal-2:  :D

I PK at Lost and around Stirry Wine Camp sometimes, that place out of sz. Also, it doesn't take a PKer to know something about PK, especially something basic like the correct builds for a Cleric.

And still making more sense than you. Good game. *insert emote spam here*

Also, AntiHero can take all my +1s.

Offline BamBam

• Old Player
I am assuming the poster is asking for MASS pk reasons and not 1v1 pk. A good squad will always target the cleric first and a arcane cleric isn't going to survive too long with 10 people AA'ing him/her. HA clerics tend to hold up longer in mass pk and gives the squad time to draw attention away from the cleric.

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
You think that what you said before about clerics made any sense? Please, go learn PK and then try to teach me.

You funny. You think 1v1s or little group PK is mass PK ? Go learn PK and talk to me since you know nothing about each class on game and don't even know how to play their main char. By the way, some time ago I saw your catabarb video; and ... no solid shield on genie. You gonna go far. :normal-42:

Dem randoms. :normal-43:

You are saying so much about how we don't know how to PK, is that your only argument? Good game.  :normal-2:  It really isn't proving your point and further taking away your credibility. Then again, I have to think to myself. What credibility did you even have in the first place?

I'm not that great of a PKer but I have to learn and being in a big group of people assist attacking me will teach me nothing. Veno is probably the class I am best at, hence the reason why I wrote a guide for certain builds. That video is about a month or two old, I have Solid Shield now.

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
I am assuming the poster is asking for MASS pk reasons and not 1v1 pk. A good squad will always target the cleric first and a arcane cleric isn't going to survive too long with 10 people AA'ing him/her. HA clerics tend to hold up longer in mass pk and gives the squad time to draw attention away from the cleric.

While this is a valid point wearing heavy armor is a huge blow to a Cleric's healing abilities and magic attack. A Cleric's main role is to heal, not tank. Go arcane and use protection neck/belt and shard vit stones, you'll be fine. No reason to destroy your magic attack at the cost of being able to do something the class was not made to do.

Offline BamBam

• Old Player

I want to add that I'm not saying Arcane isn't a viable build. I have seen some arcane clerics hold up pretty well in mass pk. I'm just saying from my experience (not as a cleric, but as one who targets clerics) HA clerics survive longer.

Offline BamBam

• Old Player
While this is a valid point wearing heavy armor is a huge blow to a Cleric's healing abilities and magic attack. A Cleric's main role is to heal, not tank. Go arcane and use protection neck/belt and shard vit stones, you'll be fine. No reason to destroy your magic attack at the cost of being able to do something the class was not made to do.

A cleric in mass pk ends up tanking rather they like it or not. As I said a good squad will always target them first.
Anyways.. that's just my opinion, I'm out before I get drawn into a flame war lol

Antihero

You think that what you said before about clerics made any sense? Please, go learn PK and then try to teach me.

You funny. You think 1v1s or little group PK is mass PK ? Go learn PK and talk to me since you know nothing about each class on game and don't even know how to play their main char. By the way, some time ago I saw your catabarb video; and ... no solid shield on genie. You gonna go far. :normal-42:

Dem randoms. :normal-43:

Whew boy, that self-righteousness is still reeking. I know PK. Just because you haven't seen me doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Not that I answer to you, nor do I PK on a character with a name the same as the one I use for the forum. I know what I said makes sense. A Cleric does magic damage and uses magic to heal, and heavy armor requires strength which is not magic and thus takes away from points that could have been better used for magic. A Cleric with stats taken away from magic to put toward strength will struggle to heal and do damage. Let me repeat that: struggle to heal and do damage. Not that a Cleric's purpose is to do damage, but you're basically whittling away your usefulness. A Cleric should not be "tanking". That is the role of the rest of the squad. If the rest of the squad can't keep the pressure off the healer, then there is nothing that heavy armor could have done to save the healer anyway. Do not portray your ignorance of the game and its mechanics onto me, sirMittens. I've been around long enough to know how things work.

Of course they were. Why would anyone ask about 1v1? It has nothing to do with this game whatsoever. Refer to my post here:

http://epicpw.com/suggestions-4/please-balance/msg86075/#msg86075

This. This is the only post that has some sense here.

Of course you're going to uplift any comment that aligns with your own misguided sense of superiority. You're still wrong, though. Spamming the thread with reaction images and "hurr hurr u r randums" or other ignorant babble isn't going to change that.

Confederate

You are very ignorant and you have no idea how to play. Please stop posting.

Offline BamBam

• Old Player
A cleric in mass pk ends up tanking rather they like it or not. As I said a good squad will always target them first.
Anyways.. that's just my opinion, I'm out before I get drawn into a flame war lol

Ok I lied, one more post. The op was not asking which build is better, so all this bickering is pointless and off topic. The poster was only asking how to do the HA cleric build. If you want to continue with this I would suggest making your own topic to discuss the pro's and con's of cleric builds. Yeah the op is a troll, but don't stoop down to his level and butcher his thread.

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
You are very ignorant and you have no idea how to play. Please stop posting.

I'm not going to stop posting. Nobody died and made you the admin.

Now I do realize you know nothing about PK.

" A Cleric should not be tanking " - What did I just read. You think that in mass PK, good players will target sins first? That they will target barbs first? No. Because they can't drop them if the cleric keeps healing the squad! So just let the cleric keep healing and that fight will never end if the cleric isn't dead. And you think that a cleric's role in mass PK is damage dealing?  :normal-2::normal-2: I'm done. Let me just go create a cleric and go AA on my squad. Too stronk.  :normal-42:

+1. Pipe down.  :))

If the squad is full of competent people instead of idiots they will AA the person hitting the Cleric