Epic Perfect World

What is most effective?

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
I've been experementing with many different mediums of guides and this is what I have found:
Video Guides
- The easiest and least hastle to make.
- Relatively time consuming.
- Least feedback.
- Very difficult to explain things in words.
- Very difficult to make changes without having to remake the video (edit then upload, maybe shoot some extra).

Written Guides
- Annoying because they are boring to make and abit of a hastle.
- Fastest guide to make, longest to perfect
- Alot of feedback.
- Hard to present good imagry to explain how to do something (I am not the best writer).
- Easy to make changes.

Picture Guides
- Very much a hastle and time consuming, no fun at all.
- Longest guide to make, making a basic video guide is actually easy.
- Alot of feedback.
- Very easy to understand.
- Relatively easy to make changes.

So which would you rather I make? Please take this seriously!
I know my guides arent perfect, but I hope you understand that if I cut out everything but EPW I would still have commitments to my faction taking ALOT of my time, leveling myself taking some of the time, helping others, explaining things and whatnot in world chat, as well as writing/filming forum guides, its hectic. Now I have alot going on in my life so I have to compress everything into even shorter time frame, and guess what gets the least dedicated time! :P

On that note I personally prefer video guides!

Offline Lyssania

To me, it's really dependent on the person. Some people can understand a typed guide simply, while others...
I think each one has it advantages and disadvantages. I prefer written guides as long as they're to the point and don't cut around corners.

Offline Zaibeast'

• Old Player
  • *lalalala* Sins are OP *lalalala*
I'm more for the "do it yourself" guide.

;D

It doesn't take a genius to really figure out what to do in this game. But I suppose it does help new players get started in this game and not miss out on the important stuff.

Written guides are prolly the best with a few pictures where needed in my opinion.
Zaibeast - 150 Demon Barbarian
Dynasti - 150 Demon Archer
Peekabooo - 150 Demon Assassin
Peekabam - 150 Sage Psychic

Offline Chakka

What is most effective. How about one with a little more detail than "Farm  X " Now your all done.

How about where something is actually farmed, or heaven forbid a bit of info on the dungeon itself. Almost every guide I've actually opened before giving up on them entirely had so little information as to be a joke.

The proof is in the pudding, and the detail "should" be in the guide.
I'm mean. Deal with it

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
What is most effective. How about one with a little more detail than "Farm  X " Now your all done.

How about where something is actually farmed, or heaven forbid a bit of info on the dungeon itself. Almost every guide I've actually opened before giving up on them entirely had so little information as to be a joke.

The proof is in the pudding, and the detail "should" be in the guide.

Ok but you dont realise how much time we put in to the guides, for staff made guides, fair enough, but dont rage at a player who is trying to help out >.<

Offline Chakka

No the problem is I DO know how much, and how little was put into the guides.

Been there done that. I have written training programs for teaching technicians how to repair complex products.

As for raging no. No one on this server has ever seen me rage. Just because I'm not cute and fluffy doesn't mean I'm raging. I'm a Marine. I don't do cute and fluffy. I do what is and what is not.

Please consider this. Not everyone cares how something is perceived, only that the information gets across.
I'm mean. Deal with it

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
Ok i'll stop writing my guides then, YOU can answer all those questions people have and see how much time it fills. Ask any one of my faction members how much time I spend helping out people, and how much time ive worked on the guides (I have had others help on making the vana guide a video guide).

Just because you dont care enough about other people to put effort in to something doesnt mean in any way others are the same.

Yes you a have valid point, but in your last message, but the first three lines just make me want to ignore the last line. So if you perhaps looked outside the box, you might be able to see a better medium to pass across your messages than your using.

Offline Chakka

Ok i'll stop writing my guides then, YOU can answer all those questions people have and see how much time it fills. Ask any one of my faction members how much time I spend helping out people, and how much time ive worked on the guides (I have had others help on making the vana guide a video guide).

Just because you dont care enough about other people to put effort in to something doesnt mean in any way others are the same.

Yes you a have valid point, but in your last message, but the first three lines just make me want to ignore the last line. So if you perhaps looked outside the box, you might be able to see a better medium to pass across your messages than your using.

Sure refer them on over. I might get back to the forums in a few weeks.

Ever wonder why you don't see my name in game anymore. The information was so detailed I got frustrated and all but gave up here. I rarely log on anymore, most of my friends left.

Care to keep from repeating that loop. Quit acting like your 12, and face it not everybody communicates the way you like.
I'm mean. Deal with it

Offline Lyssania

I've read quite a few of Nexy's guides.

I personally think they're very good. I wrote a guide on resetting an instance today, and while it was very very simple to make it was also hard, making sure you explain things just right so people can understand it without it being too confusing. Then once you have it written you go over it over and over wondering if it's any good.
(At least that's what I did.)

In no way am I comparing mine to Nexy's guides, but I can feel his pain when writing guides that are major long and much more complex than simply resetting an instance.

Offline Keroh

I'm fond of written guides personally.  I'm a reader and can take in information easily this way.  I don't mind video guides either, but there are times when the video quality is less then great, and you can't fully see what's going on.  Picture guides can be useful but an explanation of the picture needs to be good enough to explain what's going on in the pic.

Offline Nexus

Maybe a video Guide with time link in the description to jump forward to and short explaination of it