Epic Perfect World

Some help PLease ?

Offline Pookie

• Characters: ImmaKiLLYou
  • Faction: Factionless
Hello everyone i'm writting this because since the new update ( Sirens Of War ) i can't play EPW anymore . I mean i can't even log in ... After i click on Element.exe or start from Patcher , the loading screen appears and but when logon screen appears the screen is freezing and crashing and completing freezing windows , u don't even have time to react because in the second the loading screen dissappears and the logon screen appears it instantly freezes my laptop making me unable to do anything else ... can't even close , move mouse , NOTHING. I was able to play EpicPW before the SOW patch , had no problems with it , everything was going normally , but i took a break from the game and i redownloaded it and when i wanted to play last night that creashing / freezing camed up.
I wish i could provide you with some ScreenShots but i can't , cuz when the Laptop freezes there's NOTHING ELSE i can do , the only way is to restart laptop .... I hope there is a fix for this crash i really want to play it again >_>. Thank you for reading this and please help me , Thanks.

Panda_monium

heres my try:
open the file folder where you have the game installed into, then open launcher, and run it in fixit.
it should replace any missing files or debug some parts of the system to make it playable

:-X i dunno if i helped lol

Offline Pookie

That didn't help .... i did like u said but nothing changed >_> .... still crashing / freezing ... :( ... i hate this :(

Panda_monium

maybe a GM will see this, it sucks not being able to play lol. i kno that feel :-X

LaceyPip

Have you downloaded the new client? v63?

June 08, 2013, 01:29:43 pm by Agatio | Views: 557 | Comments: 0
We have released the EPW Sirens of War client (v63), which is available on our Download Page.
Everyone, who still has problem patching the game should download it, it is probably the fastest and the most reliable way to get our up to date client.

http://epicpw.com/menu/game-client-download/

Offline Pookie

Yes i did , and did the patch manually , here is a screen shot .... i have Client Version 65

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
I have a similar issue.  Took a break, patched EPW and now the game lags/crashes even when I have things turned down.  Takes me 5-10 mins to switch chars at times.  In extreme cases, it locks up my system and the only way to fix it is to restart or wait it out.

To show how extreme this is: I used to be able to open two clients without no issue even on my 5-year-old system.  Now opening one is a task.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

LaceyPip

Oh dear ....only one solution I can think of ..is to uninstall and delete the EPW client and re install.  Its so difficult to pinpoint the problem.

I truly hope you will be able to get this working.  Just wait on other replies too, others might have a better solution for you

Good Luck

Offline Pookie

YEs , it's like the system is locked and the only thing u can do is to restart your Laptop / PC .....

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Just a random thought, how much RAM do you have available on your pc? Also how much space on the harddrive?

Offline Pookie

The processor speed is 1.2 Ghz but overclocked gets to 1.6 ghz and i don't think that's the problem because i was able to play EpicPW but since the new patch i just can't O_O

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Hmm your system seems fine.  Try re-installing directX and EPW.

Offline elllieee

• Old Player
System seems just fine..check 3things

- Microsoft Net Framework 4
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
- DirectX 9.0c (its there in the EPW directory /Element / dxwebsetup.exe ) i saw it,but still try reinstalling.

if they're there,you need to reinstall the game :<

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
check also if u got pando media booster installed.

Offline Pookie

I don't have Pando Medis Booster ... i even tried reinstal windows , i redownloaded the game updated  directX .. everything ... i don't know what to do ... :| looks like Deadly_heal will take a looooooooooong break ... Thank you for answers . Take Care