Epic Perfect World

Barbie Video Discussion Time - DPH Barb Build

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
i deleted his post cuz he disrespected the rules towards the comunity but if you gonna post provokative messages i will just lock the topic.

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
maybe it's best to just ignore all the unrelated stuff and focus on topic so we don't get locked since it's really good and helpful to others. specially to inexperienced players like myself.
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
  • Let them hate me, so long as they fear me
i deleted his post cuz he disrespected the rules towards the comunity but if you gonna post provokative messages i will just lock the topic.

Very well, thank you for the post removal. I didn't mean for my reply to sound provokative, it just winds me up when he pretty much pasted what i already said then followed up by saying I didnt know what i was talking about! Anyway it's good to see you are on the ball in these forums Evil ^^

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
i've been playing DPH on my full sage STR barb lately and what i've noticed is that even if sage gets a bit more base dd my Demon barb have much more Crit with BO that it cancels out and does more damage plus the chance to stun on mighty swing is better. WHat i like about sage is that when you are purged in mass PK and lose BloodBath you can still hit peeps with low accuracy since they don't miss. I'm really confused on w/c culti is better for DPH since even if Demon is better for damage i like playing my sage barb for camping tiger while damage dealing. my prob is most Combos for DPH barbs are mostly for demon because of demon sunder and BO. so pls help me with my sage barb T_T
RETIRED BARB

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
  • Empathy is a dying art.
  • Characters: Sleep|Snooze|Opiate|Snore
  • Faction: EPW_Team

You don't want to exasperate GN Sleep  :pig-11: :pig-37:

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
  • Let them hate me, so long as they fear me
i've been playing DPH on my full sage STR barb lately and what i've noticed is that even if sage gets a bit more base dd my Demon barb have much more Crit with BO that it cancels out and does more damage plus the chance to stun on mighty swing is better. WHat i like about sage is that when you are purged in mass PK and lose BloodBath you can still hit peeps with low accuracy since they don't miss. I'm really confused on w/c culti is better for DPH since even if Demon is better for damage i like playing my sage barb for camping tiger while damage dealing. my prob is most Combos for DPH barbs are mostly for demon because of demon sunder and BO. so pls help me with my sage barb T_T

For me, it's a close fight. Sage Barbs Power and Defence over Demons extra criticals and other bits. I guess ultimately it comes down to what you are used to and what role you take in PvP. Actually I can see myself making another guide: 'Demon Vs Sage Barb which is better' comparing all the pros and cons,

Myself, I am not much of a tank unless i camp defence gear but I prefer all out attack. You have to choose between certain things: Take a look at these skills:

Mighty Swing - Sage version decreases cooldown to 5 seconds. Demon version increases chance to stun to 60%. (From 50%)

Bestial Onslaught - Sage version increases channeling time by 0.7 seconds, but will never miss. Demon version grants 35% increased critical hit rate for 6 seconds.

Penetrate Armour - Sage version always reduces physical defense by 45%. Demon version reduces Chi cost to 20 (Only has 35% vs Sage 45%)

Devour - Sage version has a 25% to cast without using Chi, instead gaining 35 Chi. Demon version increases physical defense reduction to 15 seconds (5 extra seconds than sage)

Blood Bath - Sage version reduces maximum Health by only 5% (vs demon 8%) Demon version increases accuracy by 300%. (Vs 225% for sage)

Poision Fang - Sage version increases duration to 30 minutes (vs 15 minutes from Demon) Demon version always increases damage to 50% of weapon attack. (Vs sage 40%)

I take a look at those skills say Demon is better but then you take a look at the next two skills and all of a sudden it becomes a difficult choice:

Shapeshiffting intensity (Tiger Form): Sage version always increases physical defense gain to 120%. (Vs Demon 80%) Demon version gives a critical hit rate increase of 2%.

Axe and Hammer Mastery: Sage version always increases weapon damage gain to 100%. (vs Demon 75%) Demon version gives a critical hit rate increase of 2%.

All stats obtained through http://pwi.ecatomb.net/skill.php

So Yeah Jhin it's a tricky one, I have a friend with a sage barb who i know in rl so perhaps I can have a borrow and do some testing

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
For me, it's a close fight. Sage Barbs Power and Defence over Demons extra criticals and other bits. I guess ultimately it comes down to what you are used to and what role you take in PvP. Actually I can see myself making another guide: 'Demon Vs Sage Barb which is better' comparing all the pros and cons,

Myself, I am not much of a tank unless i camp defence gear but I prefer all out attack. You have to choose between certain things: Take a look at these skills:

Mighty Swing - Sage version decreases cooldown to 5 seconds. Demon version increases chance to stun to 60%. (From 50%)

Bestial Onslaught - Sage version increases channeling time by 0.7 seconds, but will never miss. Demon version grants 35% increased critical hit rate for 6 seconds.

Penetrate Armour - Sage version always reduces physical defense by 45%. Demon version reduces Chi cost to 20 (Only has 35% vs Sage 45%)

Devour - Sage version has a 25% to cast without using Chi, instead gaining 35 Chi. Demon version increases physical defense reduction to 15 seconds (5 extra seconds than sage)

Blood Bath - Sage version reduces maximum Health by only 5% (vs demon 8%) Demon version increases accuracy by 300%. (Vs 225% for sage)

Poision Fang - Sage version increases duration to 30 minutes (vs 15 minutes from Demon) Demon version always increases damage to 50% of weapon attack. (Vs sage 40%)

I take a look at those skills say Demon is better but then you take a look at the next two skills and all of a sudden it becomes a difficult choice:

Shapeshiffting intensity (Tiger Form): Sage version always increases physical defense gain to 120%. (Vs Demon 80%) Demon version gives a critical hit rate increase of 2%.

Axe and Hammer Mastery: Sage version always increases weapon damage gain to 100%. (vs Demon 75%) Demon version gives a critical hit rate increase of 2%.

All stats obtained through http://pwi.ecatomb.net/skill.php

So Yeah Jhin it's a tricky one, I have a friend with a sage barb who i know in rl so perhaps I can have a borrow and do some testing

yes for tanking and wep damage( in my opinion 25% isnt really much since its not overall damage) sage outshines demon. in Damage DPH pvp from my experience the benefit of that 35% crit from BO + the 5 second all-crit from Demon Sunder is just too much.  also when you factor in that more critrate = more chances of Zerk Crits its just better.

also when you do the super barb combo with demon it will always crit compared to sage that will need luck.
RETIRED BARB

Offline Benji

Ty for the share, nice vid.