Epic Perfect World

Barbie Video Discussion Time - DPH Barb Build

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
  • Let them hate me, so long as they fear me
Arcane Defense is this: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/33739

This is the icon:

It has a 25 second cooldown. It can only be activated by a regular melee attack - bows autoattack doesn't proc it, neither do class skills nor genie skills, just melee.

Oh yeah people call that 'bouncing' I usually do watch out for that in 1v1s and I have made a video where I actually talk about letting the Wizard 'bounce off me' before I use Occult Ice. To my understanding it has a single use right?

Confederate

Oh yeah people call that 'bouncing' I usually do watch out for that in 1v1s and I have made a video where I actually talk about letting the Wizard 'bounce off me' before I use Occult Ice. To my understanding it has a single use right?
No, the buff lasts for 5 minutes and has a 25 second cooldown between activations. If you melee them, activate it and then start meleeing them again, it won't knock them back and purify until the cooldown is done aka 25 seconds after the last activation.

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
No, the buff lasts for 5 minutes and has a 25 second cooldown between activations. If you melee them, activate it and then start meleeing them again, it won't knock them back and purify until the cooldown is done aka 25 seconds after the last activation.

Right i get it, yeah I usually try make them bounce with a stun from might swing, them lock them down with Occult and follow up with another mighty swing. Anyway I'm making my own thread off topic now! I would love to have some practice 1v1s with you sometime. thanks again for explaining that to me

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
so what u recommend ( i said i like DPH not aps so i don't like lots of dex) and 1 question sage barb has low accuracy not like demon so how do i increase it?Dex? i'm not good at it so teach me more(not playing barb that much only tw time)

I'm sorry I misread what you said. Well the build I have there is what you should try then. If you use that stone I use then get your Dec to about 100 ungeard. Other wise just make sure your accuracy is around 8k when buffed with blood bath.

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
so what u recommend ( i said i like DPH not aps so i don't like lots of dex) and 1 question sage barb has low accuracy not like demon so how do i increase it?Dex? i'm not good at it so teach me more(not playing barb that much only tw time)

on my sage barb i have almost the same amount of dex as barbie since my sage barb is DPH build. it's fine and there's really not that much difference between a sage and a demon barb. what gives demon barbs a slight advantage in terms of APS  is because of Beastial Onslaught giving more crit, and Aps boost from Demon Spark. if you are DPH sage it just evens out. so his build is good for both Demon and Sage. Barbs have skills that wont miss and Beastial Onslaught reduces enemy evasion anyways.
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline Abis

• God Slayer LvL 152
  • Not in Game for a million years!
  • Characters: Abis and more
  • Faction: DarkArms 卐
on my sage barb i have almost the same amount of dex as barbie since my sage barb is DPH build. it's fine and there's really not that much difference between a sage and a demon barb. what gives demon barbs a slight advantage in terms of APS  is because of Beastial Onslaught giving more crit, and Aps boost from Demon Spark. if you are DPH sage it just evens out. so his build is good for both Demon and Sage. Barbs have skills that wont miss and Beastial Onslaught reduces enemy evasion anyways.
tyvm :\ im just wondering how i can make my barb to 8k acc now he has 6261 acc with BB 182 dex 740 str dragon cape and dragon magic orns with 2 r8 (3x str on pants and 3x chan on top) and 2 dragon wrist/boots. str stone @ dragon axe
~I'm Leader~
LVL 152 R8 Psy/Sin/Wiz/Barb/Seeker/Veno/Archer/BM/Mystic 
My Shop | Youtube

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
tyvm :\ im just wondering how i can make my barb to 8k acc now he has 6261 acc with BB 182 dex 740 str dragon cape and dragon magic orns with 2 r8 (3x str on pants and 3x chan on top) and 2 dragon wrist/boots. str stone @ dragon axe

are you using dragon might rings? they give +50% accuracy. i haven't watched his whole vid yet just browsed his gear and stat.  so i dunno if he has accuracy gems on his weap.
RETIRED BARB

Offline Abis

• God Slayer LvL 152
are you using dragon might rings? they give +50% accuracy. i haven't watched his whole vid yet just browsed his gear and stat.  so i dunno if he has accuracy gems on his weap.
yes :\ i do have d might ring and str tome, only difference is his demon, he has warsong belt/upgrade dominance/upgrade r8 ring/dragon axe stone 300+acc and chi shield/i don't think those orns will give much acc.. 300 acc stone is not big deal.
~I'm Leader~
My Shop | Youtube

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
yes :\ i do have d might ring and str tome, only difference is his demon, he has warsong belt/upgrade dominance/upgrade r8 ring/dragon axe stone 300+acc and chi shield/i don't think those orns will give much acc.. 300 acc stone is not big deal.

Remember I have Demon Blood Bath and I said if you dont use those Accuracy stones then you need around 200 Dex WITH Demon BB to round off at 8k. Accuracy stones help more than you think... but if you dont want to use them your only other options are to add more Dex on or use accurracy pots

Offline Abis

• God Slayer LvL 152
Remember I have Demon Blood Bath and I said if you dont use those Accuracy stones then you need around 200 Dex WITH Demon BB to round off at 8k. Accuracy stones help more than you think... but if you dont want to use them your only other options are to add more Dex on or use accurracy pots
i got 8k acc now by making my dex to 200 and str to 714 anyway tyvm for those tips.
~I'm Leader~
My Shop | Youtube

Offline SaKi

• Characters: BBQ...Scorpion...SaKi
  • Faction: Salvation
Nice Thread..btw ur accent...reminded me of a certain MGH from Fifa 13..so similar. :))

Offline burning

Nice video !! Tbh, one of the best player-made guide I've seen on this server. You're also a good barb so I don't have anything to say except for good video. And like keraa, omg, dat accent. <3 xD

Ok, I just wanna correct this. Some posts above you said you were full DPH barb. DPH barb should have the minimum dex and then put all the rest into str. You have way too much dex in my opinion. If you want to have more accuracy might as welll just go aps build. My barb is dex barb, 14k accuracy with dem claws, and I zerk-crit 15k. Not like full str who zerk crits 20k but it's still good. And it's sage. And also. If you're barb is sage, you can 3 spark and use relentless courage to fill the gap between demon spark and sage spark. Sage spark deals more damage than demon but a demon spark will just rape through your sage spark like dat. But if you use sage spark and relentless courage you will outdamage him for 4 seconds. I'm not a good barb as I'm fairly new to it but I do a decent job beeing able to beat many proclaimed good barbs. My opinion.  ^-^

Since when demon and sage sparks for each class have different dmg in stats? Too much wrong theory talking Learn Basics

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
Since when demon and sage sparks for each class have different dmg in stats? Too much wrong theory talking Learn Basics

think he meant that sage gets more Weapon dmge from strength of titans like 50% in comparison to demon strength of the titans 40%. 
RETIRED BARB

Offline Barbie

• Old Player

Keep that attitude level down my friend, Mittens is going off the official description which is:

Sage spark : Discharge three Spark to recover 20% of your maximum MP, acquire 700% extra physical attack from weapons for 15 seconds, and reduce all damage taken by 25%. Grants invinciblity for 3 seconds after the discharge.

Demon spark : Discharge three Spark to recover 20% of your maximum HP, add 500% weapon damage and increase attack speed by 25% for 15 seconds. Grants invinciblity for 3 seconds after the discharge.

However the description is displayed wrong, it is actually this:

- Both sparks give the 20% hp recovery
- Both sparks give the same % attack increase (Which is 500%)
- Celestial eruption gives a damage reduction of 25% for the duration of the spark
- Demonic eruption gives an attack speed increase of 25% for the duration of the spark

PWI is full of translation fails and other errors so it's an easy mistake to make

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
EDIT: Removed this reply to the deleted post
Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 11:16 am by Barbie