Epic Perfect World

There is no topic for this

Offline Shayd

Got new gaming rig, Custom build, runs miracles, except PWI of course. Why? Because PWI is too old. Let me explain, I get this error when trying to run PWI

http://tinypic.com/r/2j5m8ag/5

So naturally I went into folders and run dxweb installer which gave me this error

http://tinypic.com/r/23vi1z/5

Then I downloaded directX installer from Microsoft, the most up-to-date one. Same error. Next I digged up the error logs it mentioned which Theeeen gives me but of gibberish and this

http://tinypic.com/r/30vn9tf/5

''Sections are not initialized''? To the Google! Looks like it's known error, diagnosis? I'm trying to install older version of DirectX than it's already installed, which is impossible to downgrade.

Conclusion: Perfect World International Won't run on 2013 Computer and further. So much for all the money spend on this game. Including the Vanilla one

Edit: Yes Mr.Have-You-tried-veryfying-the-game-files, I tried it. Compatibility settings too though I don't see how would that help. And for the info I'm running all other games easily without any missing crap or DirectX Errors

Offline Rinadiel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: HellRazor
Pw does run on 2013 computers just fine. I'm not a computer tech person but I have seen it work on them  :-\ as for those errors there are some fixes to some of them listed here .. But I would wait for GM assistance. Hope you get help soon
Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 01:56 am by ~Rin~

Offline Angel (aka many other)

• Its nothing personal..It's just a game..
just a thought could it be your anti virus program? 

Offline eel stirfry

• Forum Veteran
  • how nostalgic
Don't have much to say on this-except for, what are you saying?
It runs fine on 2013 laptops-i think?
>.> I bought a new laptop in 2013 and it worked on it, so I'm pretty sure it does..
(:

Offline Shayd

just a thought could it be your anti virus program?

What Anti-virus program I don't have any, I'm administrator of the system and I tried running it as admin too.

Offline Rinadiel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: HellRazor
What Anti-virus program I don't have any, I'm administrator of the system and I tried running it as admin too.
you didn't  have any type of antivirus running while you downloaded? What browser did you use to download the game?

Offline Shayd

I don't have anti virus at all, I seem to do fine without it and I used uTorrent to download the client.

Offline Nevyn

I don't have anti virus at all, I seem to do fine without it and I used uTorrent to download the client.

Lol, you should probably get some... especially if you're using Torrents. Those things are packed full of viruses from my experience. You may not notice anything but that doesnt mean Viruses are not infecting your nice new Computer. Things like Key logging are don't affect your performance but that doesn't mean its not there....

150 Sage Assasin
May faulty logic undermine your entire philosophy!

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
i saw all kind of weird errors happening but the reason "PW doesn't work on 2013 computers" ?
Paprika just bought a computer 2 weeks ago and i seen her online already.
i would say get an antivirus and create the exception for the whole folder.

also u need to install the framework from microsoft.
http://epicpw.com/support/known-issues-and-fixes/

step 9 and 10 if im not wrong

Offline Shayd

Lol, you should probably get some... especially if you're using Torrents. Those things are packed full of viruses from my experience.

I'm not using Torrents, that was only thing I downloaded from it ever. As for Framework I got errors one saying ''It's already part of the system'' and the other ''Newer version is already installed''
Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 06:23 pm by Shayd, Reason: dxthjretahj

Offline Shay

• Forum Veteran
  • Shhh... I'm hiding from negative people

Scary

Offline Shayd

Scary

How am I sussposed to answer to this