Epic Perfect World

Nation Wars

Offline Ren

• Mad Hater
  • Some Men Just Want to Watch the World Burn
  • Characters: Ren / Chromatic
Why Don't you make it 20:20 at Fridays and 8:20 at Mondays so both timezones will be able to attend. xD

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
  • Let them hate me, so long as they fear me
Why Don't you make it 20:20 at Fridays and 8:20 at Mondays so both timezones will be able to attend. xD

Because this is a European server that runs in a specific time zone. I wouldn't go to a US server and start complaining they do everything when I'm asleep..

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
  • Characters: Decode & Indigo
  • Faction: Ducks
Because this is a European server that runs in a specific time zone.

Lol, just because it is a European based server, doesn't mean it is strictly for European people. It's a multinational game. And with most servers, you need to balance it for the majority of your players else you will lose your population.

I wouldn't go to a US server and start complaining they do everything when I'm asleep..

I also highly doubt that you wouldn't complain. That's not a personal stab, but the majority of people would most like complain when something they particularly enjoy and spend their time doing is at an inconvenient time. Particularly when it is something that may be able to be changed if it suits a great number of people.
But I would like to point out that the previous poster wasn't complaining, they were making a suggestion. Your negativity isn't needed.

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

☀ People say 'run, don't walk away', cause she's sweet but a psycho ☀

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
Lol, just because it is a European based server, doesn't mean it is strictly for European people. It's a multinational game. And with most servers, you need to balance it for the majority of your players else you will lose your population.

I never said it was for European people only, anyone can download and play this game and thats gravy, but the events are set to European times because the target Audience is Europe. Sure other people may join but they wont change the times to accomodate a smaller % of people, I know what it's like because I've played on an american server before.

I also highly doubt that you wouldn't complain. That's not a personal stab, but the majority of people would most like complain when something they particularly enjoy and spend their time doing is at an inconvenient time. Particularly when it is something that may be able to be changed if it suits a great number of people.
But I would like to point out that the previous poster wasn't complaining, they were making a suggestion. Your negativity isn't needed.

Perhaps the word 'complaining' was the wrong thing to say. What I meant to say was: I would not go into an american server and ask them to change their times to accomadate me. I am not being Negative at all. Events are GM driven (I think NW is the same unless it's automated) and GMs live in certain time zones. Therefore I would be asking a GM to get up early on a work day and this my friend simply will not happen. Not because I said so or I dont think it should but because this is a European server governed by European GMs who who work their events around European time zones. GL with your suggestion but for the reasons just stated, I don't think you will get far

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
I have had a thought, perhaps they get additional GMs that run extra NWs insted of moving the original, that way everyone wins. But then they need to hire additional staff etc.. Just a thought. Also this thread needs mving to Suggestions

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
To the original poster, if you see the Patch Petition thread, this idea has already been somewhat suggested.

As for it being set for European times as the target audience is European, with the majority of private servers, the timezone is usually set as such because that is the timezone of the server owner and the server's location, rather than its target audience. While I am not sure of the statistics of this server, I don't know that European players would be the majority here.

I have no problem with NW remaining at 20:20 as this is the most suitable time for both European and US players (which together would probably make the majority, of which I am neither). However I do agree that perhaps another day of NW is needed. I wouldn't say as extreme as 08:20, as that is not really a suitable time but perhaps 14:20, which is a common server time for events (i.e. TW).

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

Offline bubysaur

• aim so cute in sandness aim so veri stronger man
im european player so this nw time suits me fine personaly.
however my opinion is that it would be nice if 1 nw gets resceduled so asian players would get chance to normaly participate. 14:20 server time for sunday would pretty much be fine for all players aroung the globe.
beauty is in the eye of beerholder

Offline Vookie

• New account: CookieVookie
First of all make it friday and saturday... screw TWs :o
new account: CookieVookie

Offline ⁑Losergoddess⁑

• Goddess_of_Losers
  • You just jellified of my mad moves *boogies* \o)
There's always arguments for times of things... You can't please everyone unfortunately :/ There's more time zones than just the 2 that you mentioned. Sometimes you just need to learn either you gotta break your back to do the event or just not do it?
Man you're the most awesome black person I've ever met. I wish I could be more like you. Plis teach me your ways. I too poor can't pay, but I promise to worship you.

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
I understand you can't please everyone. Like, if you have an event that is on once a week, that one time isn't going to suit every single person.

But if you have an event that is on more than once a week, such as NW, then surely it would make sense to change one of the times, so you please the majority of people.

I know it isn't as simple as that and that more people reside in the European and US timezones, which is why I was suggesting another NW time on another day. As someone in the outlying timezones, I have always had to wake insanely early for TW and such, but if there was just one time that was a little more manageable to make, would be amazing (and I'm not the only one, I wouldn't make the case if there wasn't grounds for it).

A time of, say, 14:20, sits at about midnight for me (and a tad earlier for the Asian countries and such), which is slightly easy for us to make (as opposed to 6am), as well as not being unreasonable for US and European kids.
Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 11:21 am by Miyurii

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
so 20:20 once
and 14:20 another ?

i can only suggest this to Agatio it will be decided by him but i do agree if it is possible ot have diferent times on NW. we already moved TW to fit all the timezones :/ so it compensate for those who can't go to NW.

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
As for it being set for European times as the target audience is European, with the majority of private servers, the timezone is usually set as such because that is the timezone of the server owner and the server's location, rather than its target audience. While I am not sure of the statistics of this server, I don't know that European players would be the majority here.

Debatable, for example If I set up a business here in the UK my Target audience would be the UK and the fact that I live there goes hand in hand, and thats WHY my Target Audience is the UK. It doesn't mean I could not send out products abroad of course, but I wouldn't want to be up at 4 am servicing people from China. Now if my business grew fast enough I could hire someone in China to resolve that issue Which is what I am suggesting). But of course the only real way to know who Agatios target audience is to ask him directly, however thats not something we will probably ever find out and Is a little off topic now

Just to Clarify I'm all up for creating more NWs but I think I and many other people would have a problem if they took away 50% of our potential supply token earnings. All in the name of accomadating a region who are playing on a server that is not in their time zone. And that's not me being 'rasist' or 'greedy' its a simple premise,: you wouldn't go into French Restaurant and expect to order your food in English and view an English Menu. But then you can't just turn around to them and say "You should accomadate us because we come in here all the time" A french Restaurant in France is run and managed by french people. They should be absolutely no expectations whatsoever for them to start serving english menus and taking orders in Englsh, and the principle here is the same. If people come to a European Server, they should expect to obide by European times. Sorry if that sounds harsh

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
so 20:20 once
and 14:20 another ?

i can only suggest this to Agatio it will be decided by him but i do agree if it is possible ot have diferent times on NW. we already moved TW to fit all the timezones :/ so it compensate for those who can't go to NW.

Be prepared for the world of QQ if you take away peoples NW Evil lol. Remember people work or go to School during the day

Offline 𝐿𝒾𝓁𝒶𝒸

• 𝓙𝓮𝓶
  • Kinda here. Kinda not.
All in the name of accomadating a region who are playing on a server that is not in their time zone.

Well if there was a decent Australian or at least Oceanic server, I would play it.

Just to Clarify I'm all up for creating more NWs but I think I and many other people would have a problem if they took away 50% of our potential supply token earnings.

And as for QQing for taking people's NW, my suggestion was another day for NW, not changing one of the existing times. You would have two NW times to suit the masses, plus another time that will still suit the majority of people but also make it slightly more accommodating for all the other people that play the server.

I understand that this will most likely not be changed, but there is no harm in people (including myself) suggesting it. I have always dealt with TW being at an inconvenient time cause I know I am a minority and that it couldn't be changed, but for something that is essential for farming new gear and keeping up with the game and that is able to be altered, there is no harm in it being suggested.

Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 12:03 pm by Miyurii

Siggy by ӇƛƁƖƬƧ🐾

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
Well if there was an Australian or at least Oceanic server, I would play it.

I know how you feel because there was no UK server on PWI, there was a french and German one and although the times were a little better for me than the US one i played, all the announcments were in a different languages! So yeah It sucks, i'm sorry there is no closer server for you

And as for QQing for taking people's NW, my suggestion was another day for NW, not changing one of the existing times. You would have two NW times to suit the masses, plus another time that will still suit the majority of people but also make it slightly more accommodating for all the other people that play the server.

I know you didn't friend, and I am not trying to say you did. If you rememebr I was the first to suggest an additional NW to accomadate others rather than take an existing one away.

I understand that this will most likely not be changed, but there is no harm in people (including myself) suggesting it. I have always dealt with TW being at an inconvenient time cause I know I am a minority and that it couldn't be changed, but for something that is essential for farming new gear and keeping up with the game and that is able to be altered, there is no harm in it being suggested.[/b]

There is no harm at all in what you and I suggested (Additional NW), however the original suggestion was to take one away from existing players. And the harm then comes when they do something at our expense.