Epic Perfect World

Server reset announcment suggestion

Offline Firewolf

Speaking from experience, and I can't say this was the case for this particular instance, sometimes a server host, the place where the game is actually being ran from, has issues. The GM's nor Administration staff usually are unaware of said issues, but they may get notified of said issue shortly after it has happened. Thus why you may have a short interruption in game play. These instances are bothersome, yes, but in no way is the staff aware and therefore can not inform the players until after the fact.

However, scheduled maintenances, from what I have seen thus far, have been announced, with some degree, with enough advanced notice that players may prepare for such occurrences. You do, however, have the usual amount of players that do not read the forums until "something" happens, and are then shocked when they log in and fine that the server will be going down for whatever reason.

I believe, in my humble opinion, that the staff is doing their best to keep everyone informed, in a timely manner, as to what is going on when it is going on, to the best of their abilities.

Thanks Kiwi for the siggy!

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." ~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

rainlu

Speaking from experience, and I can't say this was the case for this particular instance, sometimes a server host, the place where the game is actually being ran from, has issues. The GM's nor Administration staff usually are unaware of said issues, but they may get notified of said issue shortly after it has happened. Thus why you may have a short interruption in game play. These instances are bothersome, yes, but in no way is the staff aware and therefore can not inform the players until after the fact.

However, scheduled maintenances, from what I have seen thus far, have been announced, with some degree, with enough advanced notice that players may prepare for such occurrences. You do, however, have the usual amount of players that do not read the forums until "something" happens, and are then shocked when they log in and fine that the server will be going down for whatever reason.

I believe, in my humble opinion, that the staff is doing their best to keep everyone informed, in a timely manner, as to what is going on when it is going on, to the best of their abilities.

ok now i get it, that's what i thought ^^ (it's unpredicatble for either them when exactly it will shut down so that's main reason)

I think it's important we cover off a couple of things here:

1. I'm not complaining, im explaining.
2. I am not staff, so whether or not people are told or not told makes no difference to me because im not the one telling people o.o

What you need to understand is that staff here are busy. They have lives to live and real jobs to attend and the last thing they need is Agatio telling them to inform people who are not even online at that time, via the forum that the server is going down for a few minutes. It is completely and utterly pointless my friend. Tell people in game and get on with the reset. As I have already said, longer server down times ARE announced and the unexpected ones cannot possibly be announced. This is not my opinion and I have already told you, I really don't care. It's just a little logic applied which anyone can understand. Except you apparently o.o

Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 02:19 pm by rainlu

LaceyPip

on a nicer note .....................

My pet collection expanded after the server reset. thank you GM's for my nice birdie  :P :))

Offline Nipple♥

• Just don't.
  • I'm the one and only.
Why? If they are not playing the game, it's not relevant to them. The other day it shut down for about 50 seconds. Are you telling me they should post that the server is going down for 50 seconds?
Today I just got home, The server went offline right as I loaded EPW and I seen no red message, It was down for 15minutes + That is why, stop being dumb.