Epic Perfect World

Questionable Builds - Need A Teacher

Offline Casualty

• Listening to Manson - Putting Holes in Happiness
So I did a bit of surfing around for guides, pwi, epic, and a few other sites. What comes up though is always pk.... Being that I've been gone from pking and all forms of PVP for three years, I know what fight to call. Especially when I'm fighting guys with 4+ 150s all fully geared etc. So I came down to this, I know how to build a veno and BM just fine - others, not so much. So I have a few questions towards classes, aoes, etc. If you have a guide you know and want to show me, fine by me, or be amazing and give me the secret. Your call. Anyways so my questions are:

-How many AOEs does a Sin have?
-Why use a sin? For what is it practical in? PVE or PVP only?
-What's the best build for an archer that wants to sit back and farm mats? (pve build)
-I see barbs able to stand in PV. I can't. I just want to keep my agro and myself alive. All tips are welcomed.
-What exactly can a seeker do? Is it a battle healer like a WoW Paladin?
-I'm sick of being stunned in PV. I don't have the cash yet for donating, or in game to pay for books to help stop it. So what can my genie do for me? Discipline at 128 and untouched. Yes I saw our loving guide for genies but for pvp. Not pve.
-What is a mystic? What is it good for?
-Don't laugh......How do you use a spell book. I tried at a trainer, nothing. I tried clicking, left, right, a, b, dick, everything. Nothing I receive.
-Archer(pve): Sage or Demon?
-Barb(pve): Sage or demon?
-Sin(pve): Sage or demon?
-BM(pve): Sage or Demon?

Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 07:52 am by Dead Descent

Casualty - 150
Sacrifical - 150
Nymphomaniac - 150
Descention - 145
Elite - 142

Offline 엔젤ღ

• Sacred Radiance
  • k-pop'ers and yaoi fan ❤
  • Characters: AngeliqMyst
i will answer to the mystic question lol cuz i only play that class a lot

What is a Mystic?
=a Mystic is a magic damage dealing class,they also have pet but not the tame pet like veno,their pet is a skill    lol,and they r pretty much a hybrid between cleric and a veno...but they r not...they just a class that has a good damage, heals and pets :p

What is it for?
=well its ur call...whether u want to be a pvper or pve...Mystic is a good class that can farm and pvp..its ur choice e.e
AngeliqMyst - Sage Mystic

yaoi<3

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
  • Let them hate me, so long as they fear me
So I did a bit of surfing around for guides, pwi, epic, and a few other sites. What comes up though is always pk.... Being that I've been gone from pking and all forms of PVP for three years, I know what fight to call. Especially when I'm fighting guys with 4+ 150s all fully geared etc. So I came down to this, I know how to build a veno and BM just fine - others, not so much. So I have a few questions towards classes, aoes, etc. If you have a guide you know and want to show me, fine by me, or be amazing and give me the secret. Your call. Anyways so my questions are:

Sins have 2 AOE's but i think you can get a third maybe even a fourth with morai skill books

Why use a sin? Because you can farm any instance solo (Excepts the ones that require a squad or GV) faster than any other character.

Put simply, Sins are proficient PvE killers. You want a sin at least for this

-I see barbs able to stand in PV. I can't. I just want to keep my agro and myself alive. All tips are welcomed.

A barb can do PV in two pulls at level 140+ with demonic gears but you will probably die using Arean gears if you do the pulls too big. Also use invoke and solid sheild if the shit hits the fan

You will need BP though and AD on your genie incase you mess up your AOEs
Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 08:17 am by Barbie

Offline Nevyn

-I'm sick of being stunned in PV. I don't have the cash yet for donating, or in game to pay for books to help stop it. So what can my genie do for me? Discipline at 128 and untouched. Yes I saw our loving guide for genies but for pvp. Not pve.

you can run around the stun monsters! Its not always possible to avoid them but if you run directly through it sometimes it doesnt stun you. You will usually pull onw or two of these mobs but you can avaoid most of them. As a barb you can use the skill that has a 10 second movement debuff or use pots with a the 20 second one. Genie wise Absolute Domain will protect against stuns although you want that incase you are about to die. I'm sure there are others, belief i believe is one that removes it and maybe badge of courage?

150 Sage Assasin
May faulty logic undermine your entire philosophy!

Offline crimsonrose

2 but they get a third one  by morai (not sure if there's a 4th one)

sins (when they're higher lvled) aps kill stuff faster, you can stealth to get through mobs so you can just kill the bosses. You can literally just spark, subsea and aps something a boss to death in some instances in pve. basically, a lot faster to get mats you want for your main.

What I see some barbs do is that they use a stand up 79 skill -Violent Triumph- (it basically is a skill to prevent deboofs for a few seconds) then they run like hell (in barb form) to pull as much as they can, when that skill runs out they go into stand up form and aoe. Just gotta know how much you can handle :3

No, what a seeker is is that it has a crap load of defense, and a really good aoe. pull mobs and Vortex. In GV (or Delta) that's all seekers do is stay in Vortex because its a continuing aoe like BB. They can also use a Dual Swords to get some aps so it doesn't take forever to kill bosses. What I would do with my seeker is just run pvs till she is level 140. Then I would do an FC (frostcovered city) with an alt on follow so the alt levels lol.

First thing first is to make your geine Pure Vit, with a portion into magic. I know some skills will say "strenght" or "dexterirty for more affect" but if you have a Crap load of vit and enough of a point regen you can just spam the skills over and over. It's better then a few seconds of one casting for PVE. Pure magic with a portion of vit works the same too. Pick the version you like, just DON'T PUT ANY POINT INTO ANY OTHER STAT.
What you wait is Faith/Belief, it basically removes deboofs and makes you unable to get deboofed for a few seconds. Now it only works 100% of the time when you get it up to lvl 10. Also, to help you not die get Absolute Domain or Expel....AD uses up a lot of genie points but Expel makes you unable to attack...so be careful. There are other genie skills which can help but those are the three I used.

A mystic is like a mix between a veno and a cleric. They can raise pets (and plants) and heal. so you can either build your mystic to hit really hard or to heal really well. I don't really use my mystic as a tank but more as my deboofer (their plants rock) and healer on the my seeker tank when my seeker was low level. They are slow to tank in PV and such so idk.

-Don't laugh......How do you use a spell book. I tried at a trainer, nothing. I tried clicking, left, right, a, b, dick, everything. Nothing I receive.
If it's a "Sage" or "Demon" book you go into heaven or hell depending on the culti and go to the demon/sage trainer that's there :3

I think demon is the way you want to go...not sure though I never played a barb

Sage. But that's my personal opinion lol. Sage's Subsea acts just like a Demon BM's HF which really hurts. Also it's easier for sage sins to get chi but that doesn't really matter in pve... They also have more defense. Their sage Wolfs Emblem(?) is a boof that raises your chances to crit, lasts for 30 mins which is nice :3
Demon has more aps though so idt it really maters for pve but I learned to pve on sage sin and I really enjoy it lol
Demon: Aps (attack per second) and Demon HF is beautiful <3
Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 09:03 am by crimsonrose

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
2 but they get a third one  by morai (not sure if there's a 4th one)

sins (when they're higher lvled) aps kill stuff faster, you can stealth to get through mobs so you can just kill the bosses. You can literally just spark, subsea and aps something to death bosses in some instances in pve. basically, a lot faster to get mats you want for your main.

What I see some barbs do is that they use a stand up 79 skill -Violent Triumph- (it basically is a skill to prevent deboofs for a few seconds) then they run like hell (in barb form) to pull as much as they can, when that skill runs out they go into stand up form and aoe. Just gotta know how much you can handle :3

No, what a seeker is is that it has a crap load of defense, and a really good aoe. pull mobs and Vortex. In GV (or Delta) that's all seekers do is stay in Vortex because its a continuing aoe like BB. They can also use a Dual Swords to get some aps so it doesn't take forever to kill bosses. What I would do with my seeker is just run pvs till she is level 140. Then I would do an FC (frostcovered city) with an alt on follow so the alt levels lol.

What you wait is Faith/Belief, it basically removes deboofs and makes you unable to get deboofed for a few seconds. Now it only works 100% of the time when you get it up to lvl 10. Also, to help you not die get Absolute Domain or Expel....AD uses up a lot of genie points but Expel makes you unable to attack...so be careful.

A mystic is like a mix between a veno and a cleric. They can raise pets (and plants) and heal. so you can either build your mystic to hit really hard or to heal really well. I don't really use my mystic as a tank but more as my deboofer (their plants rock) and healer on the my seeker tank when my seeker was low level.

If it's a "Sage" or "Demon" book you go into heaven or hell depending on the culti and go to the demon/sage trainer that's there :3

I think demon is the way you want to go...not sure though I never played a barb

Sage. But that's my personal opinion lol. Sage's Subsea acts just like a Demon BM's HF which really hurts. Also it's easier for sage sins to get chi but that doesn't really matter in pve... They also have more defense. Their sage Wolfs Emblem(?) is a boof that raises your chances to crit, lasts for 30 mins which is nice :3
Demon has more aps though so idt it really maters for pve but I learned to pve on sage sin and I really enjoy it lol
Demon: Aps (attack per second) and Demon HF is beautiful <3

^ everything there.

Offline crimsonrose

idk shet about archers though XD

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x

** this is not a guide or anythin' since im not a good player just sharing my experience.

i suggest having a cultivation since it makes your skills stronger.

i have both r8 demon and sage barbs. and this is what i did when i was levelling them in PV ( i haven't grinded for a long time so i'm not sure if this is 100% accurate).

useful barb skills for pulling - invoke(turtle reduces damage you take by  90%), armageddon, sunder, and bestial rage. roar ( reduce magic damage from enemies . demon roar has a bramble like effect for 10 secs), frighten ( reduce phys damage from enemies),

genie skills =  solid shield ( invoke's mini version), tree of protection( raises your max hp - ticks charm), absolute domain(makes you invincbile for short period) , tangling mire(AOE phys defense debuff).

use your buffs, HP buff, Strength of Titans, Bloodbath(i you have low accuracy), poison fang(wood damage). and then get Bloodpaint buff from a sin(i have sins so i get my buff from my alt) inside  PV i go into tiger form and pull as many mobs as i can ( you can pull half cave if you got good gear or when you can manage tanking that much). i just pulled enough mobs that i can tank at first and pulled more and more while i got more experience. the stunning mobs in PV i avoided and when i can't avoid one i switch to human and use Violent Triumph ( anti-movement debuff) and pull more until it runs out  or if i have pulled enough mobs.
as soon as i am stationary i hit Invoke(turtle) and bestial rage ( gives you chi when hit- essential for gaining sparks). roar/frighten then i do my armageddon combo.

for my demon barb:
 Invoke(turtle)>bestial rage>roar/frighten>sunder>true form(stand up>tangling mire(genie)>armageddon.

usually wipes out all the mobs since demon sunder makes all attacks Critical including itself for 5 seconds or somethin'. if there are mobs remaining just use AOEs or auto attack.

for my sage barb:
 Invoke(turtle)>bestial rage>roar/frighten>tree of protection>true form(stand up>tangling mire(genie)>armageddon.
 if there are mobs remaining just use AOEs or auto attack.

not as powerful as demon armaggeddon combo but i have better chances of surviving pulls with my sage barb and was easier to pull more mobs.

my barb friend named sithis taught me these and i owe him since this made my levelling  easier.

have fun.  :smiley:

Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 09:54 am by JHIN
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline Mirquel

• D Re ✙urN Leader
  • Hakuna Matata!
If you can beat 'em, Join 'em!

scatterer3

Seekers are AoE masters. They can tank much more compared to Psychics and with enough Chi you may rotate your AoE skills better than them, even save squishy party members like Psychics which do not posses "damage control". Bosses can be slayed with Dual Edges - APS, but with skills too, if you look closely and use them wisely. This is my opinion about Seekers in PvE.

In PvP, they lack on damage but instead they can have up to 115+ Def. levels. Use these Defense levels wisely, they allow you to support your squad members by switching positions with your opponents, immobilizing them, slowing them, debuffing them, stunning them and of course support others with the damage you deal and your buffs. They are not the best damage dealers maybe but still great in PvP. Most of times people won't aim you, so I can openly say Seekers are definitely squad defenders.

Offline Vookie

• New account: CookieVookie
In PvP, they lack on damage but instead they can have up to 115+ Def. levels. Use these Defense levels wisely, they allow you to support your squad members by switching positions with your opponents, immobilizing them, slowing them, debuffing them, stunning them and of course support others with the damage you deal and your buffs. They are not the best damage dealers maybe but still great in PvP. Most of times people won't aim you, so I can openly say Seekers are definitely squad defenders.

delete your post
new account: CookieVookie

DJBFF

About the barb build, you have a lot of strength, atm, my barb is lvl 136 and he has above the 700 vit. And also, in your armour, only put in vit stones, with increases your HP more (i have noticed that with some other barbs i once had), so that might help too.
A seeker is not a healer, a seeker is kinda like a tank, while sage with above the 50 def lvls full self buffed (with krav maga, not saber rattle), but it can also have very high damage, depending on the build it went.
A mystic is a mix between a venomancer and a cleric. It has a few buffs and summons, also heals. one of the buffs is falling petals. It restored the damage taken after 9 seconds and it lasts 1 minute. Also a good side of it, it costs abt 200 MP. A mystic is good in both PvE and PvP.
Abt the spellbooks, it depends on the book. some of them are for demon and sage, and for that you have to go to heaven or hell.

Also, about the builds, check pwi wiki. It has all the builds you need. Tank, DD, mixed, etc... It also has it's co's and pro's written there, just check classes n go all the way down once you pressed it. I'm not a build expert myself.

And about the sage n demon questions, barb n sin are the only things i know, with can depend. If you want aps go demon, if you want dph go sage, also, sage spark reduces the damage taken. So chose carefully, and i hope my help worked! ;)

Gl in game!

Offline Casualty

• Listening to Manson - Putting Holes in Happiness
Thanks for all the help I think I have a general knowledge of what to do now since I have an archer that can tank as much as a barb with damage included.

Casualty - 150
Sacrifical - 150
Nymphomaniac - 150
Descention - 145
Elite - 142

Panda_monium

my main is a barb for 3+ years, and i think i have my own secret to PV (145+)

Buff up> Tiger form> Bestial Rage (chi skill)> pull the first hall/ramps to hills> Human form> Tree of protection> then Arma at the right time.

my str build with nirvy usually gave 300k no crit no zerk, or  500k crit+zerk  :-\

in your armour, only put in vit stones, with increases your HP more (i have noticed that with some other barbs i once had), so that might help too.

since barbs get 32 or 42 hp per vit point ( i cant remember lol), they rely on it for hp. plus, vit points add phys defence  ^-^

i dunno if i helped, but theres my info  lol  :tiger-1: