Epic Perfect World

Operating systems

Offline eel stirfry

• Forum Veteran
  • how nostalgic
 :-X I just wanted to ask people the differences-both pros and cons-of different operating systems.

The ones that I'm comparing-Windows, Linux, and whatever you call a Mac(Lion? OS something? IDK)..
 :smiley: Just wanted to ask the opinions of the epw people on the pros, cons , etc of these 3.
(:

Offline Rinadiel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: HellRazor
:-X I just wanted to ask people the differences-both pros and cons-of different operating systems.

The ones that I'm comparing-Windows, Linux, and whatever you call a Mac(Lion? OS something? IDK)..
 :smiley: Just wanted to ask the opinions of the epw people on the pros, cons , etc of these 3.
well Windows is easy simple to use imo. Linux is really nice and smooth but If I recall you gotta learn allot of commands to operate certain things. As for mac.. I never liked mac Idk why but I could never use a mac computer  :-[

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
Personally, I like Windows because of its simplicity and the fact that a lot if not all PC platforming games can be played on a Windows computer.

I can't say anything about Mac, Linux or any other OS because I've never used them.
I'm only keeping this account open because of the memories I have on here, the good and the bad. I logged in just to change my account, and then I'm putting this dusty book back on the shelf.

Offline kyandeisu

• Old Player
windows is nice due to its easy to use, but i love working on linux as i personally found it faster to type in commands to navigate through a computer rather then using a mouse.

Offline Balnazar

• Godfather of Worms
  • I be back m8
  • Characters: Balnazar
  • Faction: Worms
Like the people said before me, if you are looking for a easy-to-handle OS, Windows is your best choice!
(Note: Windows 8 is quite a bit complicated for use on PCs! Windows 7 Ultimate is the best choice)
If you are looking for a good-for-work and a smooth OS, Linux is your choice.
(Note: You have to know quite a few commands)
If you are looking for a super-awesome, virus-free OS, Mac is your choice.
(Note: Mac is quite a bit hard to handle. But, if you get to know it's working, there is nothing like it.)
Agatio, EvilTouch, Alexypk, Magestic, Chocolate, Dream and Suns were all slain by Balnazar. Keeping scores?

Offline ThaPinky

• Wearing Straitjacket
  • IDK, IDC, doesn't have an sexual effect on my life
Windows 7 64bit best OS out atm for general use and gaming.
Linux (Ubuntu) is a toy you play with randomly.
Mac is more into media editing +being a fancy snob.

Windows XP is still nice to have, Vista is total crap compared to 7 and 8 only works well on touchscreen (barely).

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Common problems users of these systems face:

Linux: How the hell does this command work.

Windows: *** it crashed.

Mac: Damnit why aren't more people giving me attention.

Offline Striker

• Banned
  • App/Web Developer
  • Characters: BAHA
  • Faction: Hangā˜†Over
Windows 8 is so great for performance specially for i7 processors