Epic Perfect World

Magic the gathering/other TCG's

Offline kico

• Arrogancy
I'm just wondering if I can find more fellow MTG nerds here, looking for more MTGO, MTG2013,2014(incoming) friends, sharing " paper " MTG  event experimences etc.
For those who dont know;Magic the gathering is oldest and the most popular trading card game.
More info:

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Summoner/

WARNING: NERDS ONLY!

PS: I am not breaking any rules with this thread, I am not selling, buying or doing any kind of profit with this thread, this thread's goal is to gather fellow TCG nerds.

Offline Claciusvile

• That random wizard.
Glory to Orzhov.....erm, I play magic :/

usually just play casually on a friday at a shop with other people....I also play duel of the planewalkers 2013 on steam :/

Offline kico

• Arrogancy
hail! Well, I am active on drafts,FNM and bigger events such nationals..
I bought the green  gatecrash event deck and combined it with mtg 2013 event deck (green-white) ... an OP deck for local tournaments..few years ago,good decks for today`s meta were like hundreds of dollars

Offline Claciusvile

• That random wizard.
yeah. At the moment, Im using a black/white extort/lifegain focused deck. Extremely defensive with some potential counter attack power.

Im looking forward to some of the 2014 cards though. They are bringing slivers back which is pretty good as I might make a sliver deck.

Offline kico

• Arrogancy
yeah. At the moment, Im using a black/white extort/lifegain focused deck. Extremely defensive with some potential counter attack power.

Im looking forward to some of the 2014 cards though. They are bringing slivers back which is pretty good as I might make a sliver deck.
I am waiting for MTG 2014.. not the cards.. the game, the fcking game. I wanted to play it on my android tablets ( Yup, I got more of them ) for years, So, Even if I go out, I can take all my tablets,meet with my fellow nerds, and we will be able to play archenemy together or  1v1,
For some of us, FNM + Sunday booster draft per week are not enough, so we organise 2-3 more late night nerd parties.
I am currently in green decks at the moment, currently focusing on poison inflict... been playing white for like 4 years

Offline Claciusvile

• That random wizard.
The game Im keen on...except for chandar...I hate her as a planeswalker. Hopefully the decks are actually decent and not just one of them is overpowered (2011 had vampires which was extremely strong, 2012 I didn't play it as long as 2011...2013 is well....I dunno).

FNM is never enough. yeah you get your fix of magic for the day....but its never enough. Green decks ain't too bad...next friday, its a modern constructed night so Im looking forward to it as Im using two colours which Im not too fond of...red and green.

I played a few two headed giant games last night....and Extort is just stupid in two headed giant games.

Offline kico

• Arrogancy
Do you play EDH? I got a huge legendary EDH collection, been collecting those since I was 14.
2012 had those blue-green things, with mana swarm...
Croatians owned on last world tournament with green poisons, too bad they rolled out, so, in 2014, we should play white-something.. absou***inglutely , it gets overpowered, and I'm just used to play white. I guess I could combine 2014's whites with blues, I tried to combine something simillar in MTGO last night, it went good ( 4-1 )

Offline Claciusvile

• That random wizard.
Nope, sorry : <

White and Blue is actually pretty strong...if you use some cards from the other standard sets (detention sphere for example). Focus mainly on detaining/exiling opponent's permanents and just go for the kill.

Ive played against people who ran white/green with a hint of blue just for aetherling and detention spheres. mainly focused on using advent of the wurm and thragtusks. Was stupidly strong.

Offline kico

• Arrogancy
Nope, sorry : <

White and Blue is actually pretty strong...if you use some cards from the other standard sets (detention sphere for example). Focus mainly on detaining/exiling opponent's permanents and just go for the kill.

Ive played against people who ran white/green with a hint of blue just for aetherling and detention spheres. mainly focused on using advent of the wurm and thragtusks. Was stupidly strong.
Well, I play extended, I dont think I should break my mind with Ravnica's..
Just check this out, I saw it first in MTG2012 ( Game ) Green-blue swarming deck.. as you said.. it's stupidly awesome. You get a shtload of manas and high-end monsters...How awesome is that?
Kiora- Ancient depths http://www.wizards.com/magic/digital/duelsoftheplaneswalkers.aspx?x=mtg/digital/d12/decks#kiora
Check the unlockables,throw out some cards,, and you'll get what I mean. I've made the same deck,never tested it on FNM, it's getting rolled out soon anyway ( I didn't get Kozilek yet, but everything else is right here ! )