Epic Perfect World

Epic Lagg

Offline Ayleid

• Characters: Nessify, Iorveth
Hey guys,
I have a laptop, 2 years old. 1 GB Nvidia card, 4GB ram, 2.30 GHz processor. Awesome. My internet is fast and stable.

I downloaded the game and started playing. I noticed even in the beginning, that the client freezes when I teleport, or even log in. Now it's gotten to the point that if I wanna walk in Lost or Archosaur, I cannot. The game freezes, laggs so bad that I gotta wait 20 seconds, half minute to take 3 steps. I shut skype, torrent, daemon, whatever you want. Even switched off my firewall. Nothing helps.
The Ping says, it is around 110-200, green, cute... but I still can't walk because of the lagg. In instances I'm fine, but in towns, now I'm standing in Archo on a bridge and can't walk off because I lagg so hard.
I shut the other client, and that froze too "didn't answer", so I had to ctrl-alt-del and force it to shut down.

My idea is that maybe because we had a huge patch. But before the reboot that we had today, I didn't lagg that hard. Do you have suggestion, idea...? I wouldn't like to reinstall the game, it'd take a day. O.o

I hope we can find a solution. TOT

Offline _Marzia_

• Hello.
Hey guys,
I have a laptop, 2 years old. 1 GB Nvidia card, 4GB ram, 2.30 GHz processor. Awesome. My internet is fast and stable.

I downloaded the game and started playing. I noticed even in the beginning, that the client freezes when I teleport, or even log in. Now it's gotten to the point that if I wanna walk in Lost or Archosaur, I cannot. The game freezes, laggs so bad that I gotta wait 20 seconds, half minute to take 3 steps. I shut skype, torrent, daemon, whatever you want. Even switched off my firewall. Nothing helps.
The Ping says, it is around 110-200, green, cute... but I still can't walk because of the lagg. In instances I'm fine, but in towns, now I'm standing in Archo on a bridge and can't walk off because I lagg so hard.
I shut the other client, and that froze too "didn't answer", so I had to ctrl-alt-del and force it to shut down.

My idea is that maybe because we had a huge patch. But before the reboot that we had today, I didn't lagg that hard. Do you have suggestion, idea...? I wouldn't like to reinstall the game, it'd take a day. O.o

I hope we can find a solution. TOT
Try to click the option above your chracters face...with a stickman figure (on the uppermostleft part)
Hope that helps. If you turn it on people in the town will be like invicible but if you go near them they become visible again  :-\

OR

propably its just the servers are being fixed by the GMs, im not really sure.
But the first options works best for me. :)
♥Exotic-Executor♥
Join Exotic now! (http://exoticpw.shivtr.com)

_Marzia_ |150 Demon Sin
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
~♥~I~♥~M~♥~.~♥~M~♥~A~♥~R~♥~Z~♥~I~♥~A~♥~
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Offline Ayleid

Hey,
I had to take break from the game, exams and diploma and all that, now I'm back.

The problem wasn't solved by this. I'm still lagging as hell on low graphics. Meantime another MMORPG (Forsaken World) goes very well with medium graphics, Alice in Madness runs also on medium graphics and doesn't lagg at all.

Is there a setting maybe with resolution? Maybe I should play in smaller screen? (on a laptop that's very uncomfortable)

Do you have another idea?
Hey,
I had to take break from the game, exams and diploma and all that, now I'm back.

The problem wasn't solved by this. I'm still lagging as hell on low graphics. Meantime another MMORPG (Forsaken World) goes very well with medium graphics, Alice in Madness runs also on medium graphics and doesn't lagg at all.

Is there a setting maybe with resolution? Maybe I should play in smaller screen? (on a laptop that's very uncomfortable)

Do you have another idea?
LOOOL. since i played FW, it was so laggy as fck, frezzing at every move and stuff, just unplayable. But epw works very good for me o.o maybe try play on lowest graphics, quality, change the server, idk keep trying. Last time I got huge ping, but lost for few minutes only.

Offline eel stirfry

• Forum Veteran
  • how nostalgic
all I have to say, is that your profile pic..THE MAGIC OF FRIED CHICKEN!!
(:

Offline moo

Post a SS of your settings, both from System and UI.

Offline Ayleid

Hi!
As requested, here are my settings. :)

I hope these help to see the trouble. TOT

to EvilEye: I KNOW RIGHT FRIED CHICKEN FTW

Offline Δ

• I was here for a moment
  • And then I was gone| i died to ares + im noob
  • Characters: Alexypk
  • Faction: Epw_Team
Set Textures in graphic settings as low as you can and try then.
Hi!
As requested, here are my settings. :)

I hope these help to see the trouble. TOT

to EvilEye: I KNOW RIGHT FRIED CHICKEN FTW

Quality and  textures the lowest please.

Offline Ayleid

Lowering textures and quality made it worse. :S
Lowering textures and quality made it worse. :S

Change the server, and check which have less lag?

Offline Ayleid

Okay I'll try that. Yesterday when I came back to play I re-installed the game, I forgot to say this.

Thank you for your help :) I'll keep you updated.
Okay I'll try that. Yesterday when I came back to play I re-installed the game, I forgot to say this.

Thank you for your help :) I'll keep you updated.
I dont think that reinstalling the game will help, but try with settings and severs.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
open your cmd and type this
ipconfig /flushdns
press enter
reboot your computer + you modem (have it off for around 10min, this will allow you to receive new value from your provider)

another thing that might help is running a check on your installed programs, do this by opening the control panel -> add/remove programs (on 7 and 8 it says something else)
on this programs list remove everything u dont need or dont want
examples:
pando media booster
bing bar
radio bars
google chrome
chrome bar
etc...