Epic Perfect World

VALK'S ULTIMATE GUIDE TO THE SIRENS OF WAR UPDATE

Offline valkyriex

• Beginner

Well guys, the much awaited Sirens of War update is finally here, and I have understood it already and would like to explain the main points to all who didn't, yet.

The greatest update was Nation Wars, which is basically a game of Capture the Flag, which gives the players Supply Tokens, which in turn are used to gain access to the new updates, such as the new Supreme Robe: Dominance which has gained 5 attack levels, within others.

Here follows pictures of how the equipments looks like and how much it costs to obtain them.

This Guide Contains:
  • Where to find the Update Center, where everything can be found
  • What are the new items available, and the materials to acquire them
  • How to acquire said items, and what are they worth

How to acquire the mats required to make these equipables:
  • Our good old Bounty Hunter gives now 15 Epic Coin and 20 Supply Token
  • Nation Wars!

Nation Wars

This is basically a game of capture the flag. For those who aren't acquainted to the game, a team has to capture a flag and bring back to their base, while the team whose flag has been captured must try to kill the player holding said flag and automatically return it to their base. Each capture of the flag gains the team 1 point. Each time the flag is brought to the base the team gains 10 points. The game is won after 20 points are collected for a team. When entering the Nation Wars instance, the player is directed to one out of four nations: Dark, Light, Frost and Flame. This process is random. When players form a party, they will automatically go to the same nation to fight together. All players in the party require a Nation Wars Token or Pass (can't remember the name) which is acquired from Deputy Drakh when the time is right. He will have a golden shield above him indicating that a quest is available. Once the time is right, the squad may enter the instance. The instance is open from 20:20 to 22:20 Server Time. If you do not know how to find Server Time, please refer to the method below:

The map inside an instance looks like this:

The Green Spots in the map are locations where the Flag may or may not be spawned. Once the flag spawns the player must 'collect' it, the same way one would collect a herb from the floor or open a chest. The time taken is less than 4 seconds. Once with the flag, the player is unable to use genie skills, flight nor mounts (which could all be used before equipping the flag). The player's speed is also reduced, but both speed pills and speed skills can be used to temporarily increase running speed. The flag must be taken to an extremity, here marked in Red or Blue, and the player will know which to take to by pressing M, where the extremity will be shown with four arrows pointing to it. After a flag is captured, it will respawn at any of the spots: West East or Middle, given a respawn time. When the game is done, if you are in the victorious side you will stay in the territory you just won. If not, you will return to the starting point in the map, and if you wish to move at any moment it will take time as the game automatically takes you to territories away from you. You can at any time see the territories by pressing M while in battle or not. By speaking in the Nation chat, by using the $ sign before text, you will spend 10,000 coins per chat and all of your nation may hear you. Inside the instance, you may also speak normally that it will be converted to 'Battle Chat', which can only be seen by your fellow nation mates, and this is free of charge. Inside the instance moreover, you cannot see the names or factions of your enemies directly. To go around this, you may press T and click on the name of a player until you find the one you were firstly targeting at. If the player is in Squad mode, his name will appear on the bottom as if you were inviting him to a party. You may speak in whispers, faction chat or squad chat freely with anyone while in the Nation Wars instance.

More information can be found at the official Epic PW post http://epicpw.com/guides/sirens-of-war-content-guide/
and also http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1523271

New Methods of Acquiring Reforge/Reshape/Hone Materials and EC Conversion of Supply Tokens and Seal of War:

There are new forges at the "update center" which may serve to exchange Supply Tokens for Reforge/Reshape/Hone materials

Therefore, as 1 Epic Coin makes 10 Memorial Coin, and 1 Supply Token makes 30 Memorial Coin, so 3 Epic Coin = 1 Supply Token. As 1 Seal of War requires 50 Supply Token, 1 Seal of War is therefore 150 Epic Coin.

So... thanks guys, I hope you like this guide which took 3h+ to make, and please, add if you want in the replies below!

Thanks for GM Malon and GM Alexypk for helping me learn the HTML required to do this and making it sticky so that everyone could see :D

Valk

Edit 1. : Nation Wars happens every Sunday and Friday, and you are expected to get from around 400 to 900 Supply Token every time you attend. You can also get Supply Token if you are afk inside the Nation Wars instance. If it is not yet, it will be made strictly forbidden to put in alts in nation wars to farm tokens while you play with main. It is extremely inadvisable to do so.
Added more info on Nation Wars.

Edit 2. : As an answer to a question posted below, the only way of acquiring Supply Tokens through Epic Coins is to buy them from other players. The most common trade right now is the buying and selling of Seal of War, which I must remind that should have base price of 150 Epic Coin.

Edit 3. : Updated rewards of Bounty Hunter accordingly.

Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 03:25 am by valkyriex

Offline Liquidstep

• Old Player
  • Call me Chill becaus i like to chill
tanx awsome work Valk
Im Liquidstep and you may see  me at NS

Favorit place to  Chill there.

Chillstep - 150(sin)
Liquidstep - 150(Archer)
SlushyStep -  150(Mystic)
DreamStep - 150(cleric)
ChillyStepZ - 150(wiz)

LaceyPip

Thank you so much for this guide

iamhappii

thanks for the awesome guide.

Offline kico

• Arrogancy
Good guide, everything on the one place with clear pictures, everything tabbed and sorted perfectly,I'll bookmark it for later, thanks!

Offline Balnazar

• Godfather of Worms
  • I be back m8
  • Characters: Balnazar
  • Faction: Worms
Thanks for the guide! Just one question, so is there a way by which we can convert our EC to supply tokens?
Agatio, EvilTouch, Alexypk, Magestic, Chocolate, Dream and Suns were all slain by Balnazar. Keeping scores?

Offline ☢Thug Life☢

• Whoop Whoop
  • If the ride is more fly, then you must buy.
  • Characters: Manic
  • Faction: ♏ONSTER
Awesome guide bro and thnx for having me in half ur snapshots... Gaara of the funk!  :monkey-26: :monkey-26: :monkey-26: :monkey-26:
Quote from: Agatio on 8/21/2013 at 03:59:55 pm
I spam dartle on demon spark, bitch please

Offline Spanky69erZ

• Don't Worry Be happy. ^_^
Thanks man! ( two thumbs up ) ;)

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
Nation Wars: 20:20 to 22:20 Server Time. Good Luck Asians. X.x Better wake up early for it.  :normal-42:
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

LaceyPip

Nation Wars: 20:20 to 22:20 Server Time. Good Luck Asians. X.x Better wake up early for it.  :normal-42:

So unnecessary!!!!

Offline Balnazar

• Godfather of Worms
  • I be back m8
Racism against Asians! Lmao! xD
Tbh, yes, being in the eastern time-zone it will be real hard for me to attend the NW and missing it means missing out on a ton of supply tokens!
Agatio, EvilTouch, Alexypk, Magestic, Chocolate, Dream and Suns were all slain by Balnazar. Keeping scores?

Offline Tavern

• Old Player
Thanks for the guide! Just one question, so is there a way by which we can convert our EC to supply tokens?

No you can convert supply tokens to r8 mats, not the other way around.

Offline Balnazar

• Godfather of Worms
  • I be back m8
No you can convert supply tokens to r8 mats, not the other way around.
^Okay, thanks!

Offline Shay

• Forum Veteran
  • Shhh... I'm hiding from negative people
Thank you Valk, great guide.