Epic Perfect World

For Barbs: Possible builds

Panda_monium

Well i feel like ive had enough experience playing with all the different build there are out there for barbs [Tongue] . i dunno if this can work with other tanky- like classes, but here it goes.

1.Pure Str. build: (reccomended demon culti)
Pros- very high attack damage, and a very high physical defense. leveling in pve wont take long because of your hard hits, and a demon str barbs can own!
Cons- since you have a high attack and defense, you will sacrifice dex, crit hits, and most importantly, your hp. that kills you in lower levels too.
-Stats- 3 str, 2 vit odd levels...3 str, 1 vit, 1 dex even levels (its a pattern)

2.Vit Build: (reccomended sage culti)
Pros- you have a TON of hp. lol makes you good for tanking, very high phys defense (vit adds it if u didnt know), and you take forever to kill in pvp (3 dragon sins all demon sparked on one vit barb and he still didnt die... o.O)
Cons- SACRIFICING overall attack damage...its very minimal, that dex is very low too, so you wont hit people that much unless you use blood bath...
-Stats- meet weapon requirements, and dump the rest of your points into vit :P

3.Str/Dex hybrid: (reccomended demon culti)
Pros- nasty nasty nasty...in a good way of course. most dex/str barbs choose to go aps because of the ability to use claws/ dual blades. they are very tough to kill  and since we have a higher dex fused with a high attack, hard crits are common.
Cons-we have a somewhat low hp, but generally higher than str barbs. (thats just about it..lol)
-Stats-meet the str weapon requirements, then the dex requirement for claws or dual blades. after youve reached both caps, dump the rest into vit.

4.Str/Magic hybrid: (choose either sage or demon culti)
Pros- you can tank the wizzies/psys/mystics/clerics/ ETC!!!. magic definse will be a high one, so will your mp points. plus, since you still have str, your attacks wont be so bad either.
Cons-basically no hp, very low phys defense, and you are just kinda odd...you can use patakas...o.O. surviving in pv will be a toughie...so you will need tons of skill!
-Stats- meet gear requirements and dump the rest into magic

These are the main builds i know in a barb lol. ive played one for 4 years lol
lemme know what u think :P

LaceyPip

I have a barbie .....he has 65K HP at level 147, Nirvana gear...but somehow its disturbing that he dies so quickly, not actually die, but his HP goes wayyy down so quickly when engaging a few mobs at once.  He is sage build and i would say he is most probably the vit build kind? Im really not so clued up on barb things...but so willing to learn

Now I am wondering what I am doing wrong or is it just the way it goes?  Its not just magic mobs, the physical mobs too.  Both seem to really hurt him

and thank you for this post, I am positive something good and useful will come from it

Panda_monium

I have a barbie .....he has 65K HP at level 147, Nirvana gear...but somehow its disturbing that he dies so quickly, not actually die, but his HP goes wayyy down so quickly when engaging a few mobs at once.  He is sage build and i would say he is most probably the vit build kind? Im really not so clued up on barb things...but so willing to learn

Now I am wondering what I am doing wrong or is it just the way it goes?  Its not just magic mobs, the physical mobs too.  Both seem to really hurt him

that hp in human or tiger form? and the vit builds generally do have higher hp than most barbs.
it might not just be you, but when i had a vit barb, i kinda died quickly as well. to me it seems like more str gives you defense lol. but thats just my opinion

LaceyPip

that hp in human or tiger form? and the vit builds generally do have higher hp than most barbs.
it might not just be you, but when i had a vit barb, i kinda died quickly as well. to me it seems like more str gives you defense lol. but thats just my opinion

65K buffed in tiger form

Panda_monium

if you feel like you arent "up-to-par", try playing around with your points.
it takes a bit to be comfortable with a barb, its hard to tell what exactly can be wrong because every barb is diverse lol

LaceyPip

thank you Panda  :smiley:

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
  • Let them hate me, so long as they fear me
Well i feel like ive had enough experience playing with all the different build there are out there for barbs [Tongue] . i dunno if this can work with other tanky- like classes, but here it goes.

Pros- very high attack damage, and a very high physical defense. leveling in pve wont take long because of your hard hits, and a demon str barbs can own!
Cons- since you have a high attack and defense, you will sacrifice dex, crit hits, and most importantly, your hp. that kills you in lower levels too.
-Stats- 3 str, 2 vit odd levels...3 str, 1 vit, 1 dex even levels (its a pattern)

Pretty much this, full Str is usually the way to go for super tank, hard hitting killing machine. However I found out a trick last night that makes up for the lack of accuracy which is bloody fantastic. Ima not tell though :o

Pros- you have a TON of hp. lol makes you good for tanking, very high phys defense (vit adds it if u didnt know), and you take forever to kill in pvp (3 dragon sins all demon sparked on one vit barb and he still didnt die... o.O)
Cons- SACRIFICING overall attack damage...its very minimal, that dex is very low too, so you wont hit people that much unless you use blood bath...

It does what it says on the tin. You can tank (physically) but thats about it. Any player serious about playing a barb should not do this. Sage barbs are for TW and trolling sins, but you lack any real 'Go'

Pros- nasty nasty nasty...in a good way of course. most dex/str barbs choose to go aps because of the ability to use claws/ dual blades. they are very tough to kill  and since we have a higher dex fused with a high attack, hard crits are common.
Cons-we have a somewhat low hp, but generally higher than str barbs. (thats just about it..lol)
-Stats-meet the str weapon requirements, then the dex requirement for claws or dual blades. after youve reached both caps, dump the rest into vit.

Any claw, dual sword barb is classed as an APS or Dex barb not a hybrid. A Str/Dex Hybrid is a barb like me that uses around 200 dex then the rest of Str but does not use aps. This makes for consistent, high damage even to sins with super high evasion. This i think is the optimal build for a barb. There is no need however to dump any stats on Vit. I have 71k HP from gears and refines alone. If however you get robe of dominence and demonchild / Puzzle cube, your HP drops quite a bit.

Pros- you can tank the wizzies/psys/mystics/clerics/ ETC!!!. magic definse will be a high one, so will your mp points. plus, since you still have str, your attacks wont be so bad either.
Cons-basically no hp, very low phys defense, and you are just kinda odd...you can use patakas...o.O. surviving in pv will be a toughie...so you will need tons of skill!

I cant say ive ever heard of this build, tbh there are better ways to beat magic classes. putting stats into Mag increses your magic defence sure, but it also increases your magic attack which you cannot use. Also, you are sacrificing points that could go into Str and Vit. Sorry to say but I disagree with this build, barbs were never meant to have high elemental resistance and in trying to do so, you ruin the rest of the stats. Just because barbs dont have good elemental resistance doesnt mean there are not proficient mage killers.

Good guide Panda, though if I am completely honest Deno did one recently which was a lot more in depth.

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x

and thank you for this post, I am positive something good and useful will come from it

How is your genie built? Do you use Solid Shield? Barbs have lots of HP but the real reason we are good  tanks is because of our skills like invoke, solid shield, stun, Frighten, Roar.
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline Balnazar

• Godfather of Worms
  • I be back m8
  • Characters: Balnazar
  • Faction: Worms
Thanks Panda and Barbie for all the info! :)
They would be very useful! :)
Agatio, EvilTouch, Alexypk, Magestic, Chocolate, Dream and Suns were all slain by Balnazar. Keeping scores?

Offline Nipple♥

• Just don't.
  • I'm the one and only.

Wrong, Pure str is... pure str. You get your dex upto 84 (with gear equipped)and the rest goes to str.

For vit build you need to amplify on the 2 types of vit, the arma spammer and the Cata barb. Also cata barbs (The Tank) use r8 full defence weapons.

Again, Theres 2 types, theres pure dex and aps barb, pure dex barbs have minimal str and 400+ dex. aps barbs have 300 dex or so because of claws/dual edges.

This... the most pointless build ever.

Inputted how it should be for you to clean it up a bit.

Offline Balnazar

• Godfather of Worms
  • I be back m8
  • Characters: Balnazar
  • Faction: Worms
Okay, so I have a question, unlike BMs and Venos, Barbs don't have a passive skill that increases dmg from claws/edges! So, how can you say they do good dmg when Barbs use them? (and I'm asking this, coz I really don't know about it and would appreciate any help)
Agatio, EvilTouch, Alexypk, Magestic, Chocolate, Dream and Suns were all slain by Balnazar. Keeping scores?

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
Okay, so I have a question, unlike BMs and Venos, Barbs don't have a passive skill that increases dmg from claws/edges! So, how can you say they do good dmg when Barbs use them? (and I'm asking this, coz I really don't know about it and would appreciate any help)
use your buffs Poison Fang (add wood damage),  Hp buff, strength of titans(dd phys damage), BloodRush(morai),  demon beastial onslaught gives additional crit %.
RETIRED BARB

Offline Pain

• Forum Veteran
Stat full magic GF best build 2k13  :normal-1: :normal-2:

Offline Zerk

• Haha Yeah Haha
  • Faction: Xpendable
Time to go stat my barb to magic  [move]LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL[/move]
Forever in love

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
Time to go stat my barb to magic  [move]LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL[/move]

Time 2 QQ for magic based PoleAxe.
 :normal-25:
RETIRED BARB