Epic Perfect World

Genies

LaceyPip

I have noticed that some players have more than one genie ....my question is, is it absolutely necessary an what is the limit of genie's to have? 

Yep, I know, I am a terrible genie NOOB!!

rainlu

I have noticed that some players have more than one genie ....my question is, is it absolutely necessary an what is the limit of genie's to have? 

yes it is usefull to have more genie depending on your playstyle, which class do you play against, and which class you play with.
for example your tactics is to have higher survivability (including antistun, windshield) don't spike dmg often just divide the damage into several parts in time bordered schedule of a skillset (except spark genie skill which is dex based and leads to spiking your dmg) then you'd like to go dex genie...
and then again if you want to have more stun ability more attking spikes (i.e relentless courage and tangling mire for physical classes) you go strength...
or you go mag if you'd like to spamm skills like faith or expel.

Offline Benji

In basics,you can have all you need on one optional genie.
From advenced look its a bit diferent. Str,dex and magic genies...depend on skills you use on them and for what purpose.
Is it 1v1..is it TW/mass pk...is it vs certain class.
Some players change their gamestyle/tactic in those. And with new tactic or need,come and (possible) new skills.
So few genies (2-3) to fill the role in those diferent tactics,or needs are nice to have in invertory.

There is a nice genie guide here that says it pretty much all considering skills. Its on you to learn what,how and when to use on your class.

rainlu

In basics,you can have all you need on one optional genie.
From advenced look its a bit diferent. Str,dex and magic genies...depend on skills you use on them and for what purpose.
Is it 1v1..is it TW/mass pk...is it vs certain class.
Some players change their gamestyle/tactic in those. And with new tactic or need,come and (possible) new skills.
So few genies (2-3) to fill the role in those diferent tactics,or needs are nice to have in invertory.

There is a nice genie guide here that says it pretty much all considering skills. Its on you to learn what,how and when to use on your class.
(im not including the genie skills for some classes like barb,archer,bm, cause it would be a mixture of a guide and its not basics for all classes since barb have different genie skillset tbh)
and it's not different in any look it's basically all builds favor some skills (some ppl mix dex and strength for the spiking and predicting issues)...trust me it's simple you just have to understand that if you choose to use 1 genie skill u might not use the different few moments later
yeah read Jolhans genie guide or watch some of Rance's or vermillion's fights (those are very weird fights - that means reading opponent mind and not trying to read yourself) http://epicpw.com/guides/guide-genie-builds-and-skills/

all you need to learn are skillsets...that might seem to be advanced, but basically if someone got a working skillset against someone else and the other one can't find one working skillset to offer it would end loosing the game (in 8-13 sec) or maybe tying at some point but never win.
Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 01:38 pm by rainlu

Offline Consist

• Old Player

There's mass PK genies...1v1 genies...and PVE genies. Yesterday I made a 128/150 LP genie :D

rainlu

There's mass PK genies...1v1 genies...and PVE genies. Yesterday I made a 128/150 LP genie :D

and op genie :tiger-20:

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Depends a bit yes. If you only do PVE you can easily only have 1 genie. Having a seperate one for PVE & PVP can be nice depending on class.

As a veno myself I have one general purpose PVE/PVP genie & one for fighting mystics.  One genie is easily enough though, unless you have need of a very specific skill that can't fit on your main genie.

Offline Animassacre

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: War
i have 2 vitality/magic genies,126/150 LP for mass pk,and 1 129/150 LP for 1v1-which skills u gonna choose is about your class,I am Psy, and i play only Psy xD

Offline Vermilion

• Forum Veteran
  • The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.
  • Characters: Sadistic, Stiletto
Having more than 1 genie is an excellent idea, depending on your class. I got 9 genies on my seeker, and 3 genies on my sin. And still I am eager to try new combinations of skills and builds, until I find the best one for me. I advice you to try different build and skills and experiment with that. Good luck!

LaceyPip

Thank you all so much for your time and input .............I am going to start experimenting.  I always just have the ONE genie with the same old same old crap on