Epic Perfect World

Lag, anyone else?

Offline Elu

Server been extremely laggy for me ever since update, from what I've watched, it is for a lot of people too. Maybe due to the increase of player base, server is having a hard time with it and needs an upgrade? Or maybe it's just a few people that are lagging, but I never had any problems before.
Last Edit: Apr 15, 2012, 11:06 pm by Cu Allate
-Retired-

Offline Psychopomp

• The Red Prince
  • And on the 13th day God created Scorpion.
Or maybe your computer does? I dunno it's only lagged for me in West Arch. Everywhere else is fine.

Only issue I've had here and there is certain people being completely invisible until I relog.

Amazing art made for me by Vesabean!

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
Yea, today though I started lagging, so did one of my friends, ive done all the restarting etc but the lag is too unbarable to play at the moment! I have no clue what it is but I know it isnt everyone but its still a good 40% of people ive talked to.
Gave up at the point it was randomly freezing for a min at a time and I kept dying, dropped from 95% to 90% and at 148 thats 50m xp >.<

Offline Elu

Or maybe your computer does? I dunno it's only lagged for me in West Arch. Everywhere else is fine.

Only issue I've had here and there is certain people being completely invisible until I relog.

Highly unlikely it's my computer or internet.

Server been extremely laggy for me ever since update, from what I've watched, it is for a lot of people too. Maybe due to the increase of player base, server is having a hard time with it and needs an upgrade? Or maybe it's just a few people that are lagging, but I never had any problems before.

Ouch, yeah, a good bunch of people I've talked to say the same. And as far as I know when a server has more people, the system/computer/whatever it holds it, needs an upgrade.
-Retired-

Offline Rhelanna

Since I built my new pc, I haven't had any lag. Sure it's showed really high ping, but my toons haven't been laggy. And I generally have 2 to 3 toons on at once.

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
Ok well i've stopped lagging playing today so it must have just been something yesterday

Offline Chum

• Fail Barb
  • Characters: Chum, Swampy
dropped from 95% to 90% and at 148 thats 50m xp >.<
Why not carry guardian scrolls? o.o
They're really cheap. I usually carry 100+ at all times.

As for the subject of the thread, my netbook that I play on isn't that great, so it's always had lag. But it does seem to have gotten a tad worse since the Genesis update.

Offline Elu

Yeah, so far most seem to agree that since update is more laggy. It is not that bad most of the time...but has gotten me killed sometimes and other making it impossible to play.
-Retired-

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Bumping this thread, need more votes ;)

Offline Liana

• Shadow in the Dark
  • ~Sparkly Fairy~
i think the Lag is part to do with all the Boss Spwn events to. i noticed yesterday that it was really bad during there being 3 boss events that day. and 2 were even close together. i was getting a report that ppl were lagging or having a hard time loging in i dont think it just the server
Last Edit: Apr 20, 2012, 05:23 pm by Alethia
Ayu~ 150 Sage Sin, Ale~ 150 Demon Veno, KinkyLove~ 150 Demon Seeker, Cosmos~ 150 Sage Mystic, KinkyAngel~ 148 Sage Cleric, MokaSan~ 145 Psy, Rosella~ 141 Wizzy, YukisKitty~ 140 Sage Barb, Niedlich~ 140 Bm

Offline DrakeX

• Teleman
no lags for me even with 6 clients in west adc

Offline Keroh

I've been having some lag issues randomly, but it hasn't been to serious unless I'm in fc or farming mats in OHT.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
And here is a good news. As my tests have shown, our new Descent client will have 100 - 200 % more fps due to the full directX 9 support, which means that the gameplay will be waaaaay smoother :)

Offline Delirium

And here is a good news. As my tests have shown, our new Descent client will have 100 - 200 % more fps due to the full directX 9 support, which means that the gameplay will be waaaaay smoother :)

But I'm already running at 115 fps q-q At least when I'm not in west. D:
So does that mean I might get 230 - 345? :O

^Made by me! :P
NOT ALL CLASSES MADE FOR PVP SOME WERE MADE FOR PVE
Mhm. x'D

Offline Allizkrad

• Characters: Allizkrad
  • Faction: HellRazor
fps is not the ping, fps is frames peer second a good comp should run them between 30 to 60 fps ingame