Epic Perfect World

Bring back Jades and Diamonds?

vlntbty

Ever tried to kill a wiz with full JoSD and add that to their damn jump skills? Endless fight. Or get hit with a sin in full DoT? lol

Like others say there's a reason they aren't here.

Offline Consist

• Old Player
Just a suggestion  but I would love to see the return of Jades of Steady Defense/Diamonds of Dragon and Diamonds of Tiger. Currently  all we can really get is Vit Gems and gems that  improve certain stats or add some channeling/attack.   To me kind of limits how I can play my char Was wondering what others thought about having those gems back . Let me know what you think :)

A psychic can get over 140 def lvls without jades of steady defense. And you want to bring them back?

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
  • Don't run, you'll only die tired.
A psychic can get over 140 def lvls without jades of steady defense. And you want to bring them back?

I cry at night when I think of the psychics in TW with full r9+12 full JoSD, their reflect would hit for 5x or more harder than the damage I dealt them. It was terrible.

I just met you, but yes I'm crazy, I'll trace your number, and kill you maybe!
You just met me, but I know you're crazy, so lose my number, and keep the baby!

Offline Rinadiel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: HellRazor
been there done that.. Not the best idea :-[

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
It isn't a good idea. Attack and defense levels can already get really high without them. If they were to be implemented then it would make so many squishy classes damn near unable to be killed, don't even get me started on what will happen to Barbs and Psys.
I'm only keeping this account open because of the memories I have on here, the good and the bad. I logged in just to change my account, and then I'm putting this dusty book back on the shelf.

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
You people forgot you lose sustantials amounts of HP(well, not really a lot for arcane classes...) so even if you get a solid defense, it's useless if you dont have the HP to back it up. Im not against or with this idea, just expressing my point of view.

Offline StarLily

As for unbalances having a Psychic be able to get 140  Defense levels already seems a bit unbalanced/ overpowered to me right now no class can get that high of a attack level so how fair is it to have to go against a Psy with 140 def levels now? There are several things already in Epic that seem a bit unbalanced already I brought this topic up  to see if it might rebalance a few other things.  As for HP  from the Vit Gems the ones who benefit the most from the them are Barbs, and BM.  All other classes get less HP  from them as it is so nothing really changes. as for Magic and Physical Defense which Vit stones effect,  you don't get as much as you think.  an arcane with full Drakeflames gets more Physical defense then one with full Vits.  And yes Jades and diamonds might make it a little harder to  outright kill your opponents but  to me it is nothing more then a bigger challenge for your skills, and finding a way to overcome it.  As it stands Tideborn and Earthguard are still overpowered compared to the base races  in a lot of their skills even with some of the restrictions currently in place. Very few classes have the ability to increase their attack or defense levels through skills so how is it fair that  they are the only ones able to do so?

Offline Uriel

• Worms.
  • Worms.
Im glad they are not added and they wont be eigther(I hope so).

Offline Ivan

• Ibun
  • Faction: Ducks
20 vit  stones  > JOSD/DOT
I won't bother explaining you why. Even if they were implented I assure you that you'd change back to vit ones in less than a day  :-X

Offline Nobody

am 100% sure Josd is much better than +20vit stones.
Not saying that i want em in game, they would just fk the whole game up because we dont have enough attack lvl to balance the defence levels we will get using Josd.
Jishi

Offline ThaPinky

• Wearing Straitjacket
  • IDK, IDC, doesn't have an sexual effect on my life
For Barb +20 might be equal but for class that gets like 10 HP Per Vit point JoSD all the way

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
Not saying that i want em in game, they would just fk the whole game up because we dont have enough attack lvl to balance the defence levels we will get using Josd.

Yes, those people are hard to kill using
PWI gear on PWI server. But there many
others use just +HP stones because of price. :)

I would like you to be able to try it here. :)

JoSD is much better than HP stones,
but don't forget the difference: Vit
stones give Def too, not just HP.

Now calculate how much HP AND DEF
(not only HP) you replace by replacing
24 of +20 Vit stones (480 Vit stat points,
or 460 if you use Lunar Cape).

hehe
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline Allizkrad

• Characters: Allizkrad
  • Faction: HellRazor
Now calculate how much HP AND DEF
(not only HP) you replace by replacing
24 of +20 Vit stones (480 Vit stat points,
or 460 if you use Lunar Cape).

i think u now can put + 20 Vit stones in lunar cape , or u could cus i have 2 lunar with + 20 Vit stones

Offline StarLily

if not Josd then just bring back Diamonds of Dragon, they are equivalent to Diamonds of tiger then there is a balance between Attack and Def Levels. and I'm not saying go full one way or the other either.  Tbh I think a mix of stones gives more adaptabilty and FYI  VIt stones don't give DEF levels they only give you  Physical and Magic Defense  it is not the same as Def or Attack Levels.  Fyi Drakeflame stones give more Physical Defense then Vit stones.  Either way no matter if we have the stones or not the point here is that certain classes will alwas have more Def or Attack levels no matter how you shard your gear.  against a Psy or a seeker tbh I would rather have more DEF levels then HP and FY I  you get most of your HP  from your refines.

rainlu

if possible i would only add def shards ...for sure not attack shard (since the survivability is a bit low)