Epic Perfect World

Bring back Jades and Diamonds?

Offline StarLily

Just a suggestion  but I would love to see the return of Jades of Steady Defense/Diamonds of Dragon and Diamonds of Tiger. Currently  all we can really get is Vit Gems and gems that  improve certain stats or add some channeling/attack.   To me kind of limits how I can play my char Was wondering what others thought about having those gems back . Let me know what you think :)

Offline Balnazar

• Godfather of Worms
  • I be back m8
  • Characters: Balnazar
  • Faction: Worms
I think if that is done, (almost) everyone would be sharding their gear with those to get a shit lot of att/def levels! :P
Imo, that is kinda stupid! Coz, specially at PvP, if your and your opponents sharding is the same, the effects of the shards is simply cancelled out. This is just my thought though.
Agatio, EvilTouch, Alexypk, Magestic, Chocolate, Dream and Suns were all slain by Balnazar. Keeping scores?

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
To add more Atk / Def you have to
use less Vit stones.

Vit stones give Def and HP together.

Looks like using any other stones in gear
instead of Vit makes you weaker.

Ok, this is game, let's play. Surely some
people would like to try, but soon they
will go back to Vit stones.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline Balnazar

• Godfather of Worms
  • I be back m8
To add more Atk / Def you have to
use less Vit stones.

Vit stones give Def and HP together.

Looks like using any other stones in gear
instead of Vit makes you weaker.

Ok, this is game, let's play. Surely some
people would like to try, but soon they
will go back to Vit stones.
+1
Agatio, EvilTouch, Alexypk, Magestic, Chocolate, Dream and Suns were all slain by Balnazar. Keeping scores?

Offline StarLily

I just think adding those Gems back gives people more then one way to shard their gear based on their style of play.  Having played on PWI  since Beta I have seen some of the best players  all sharded with Jades or diamonds and they where hard as hell to kill.  I just think having more options available is better.  And you can always mix up the gems you shard with as well  like do  Vit gems and add in some Jades if you need more Defense.  It really depends how you play your char and what would be best for your own individual style,  just think options are a good thing to have makes things different and sometimes you can find a great build using mixed gear/ gems.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
I just think adding those Gems back gives people more then one way to shard their gear based on their style of play.  Having played on PWI  since Beta [shadow=purple,left]I have seen some of the best players  all sharded with Jades or diamonds and they where hard as hell to kill.[/shadow]  I just think having more options available is better.  And you can always mix up the gems you shard with as well  like do  Vit gems and add in some Jades if you need more Defense.  It really depends how you play your char and what would be best for your own individual style,  just think options are a good thing to have makes things different and sometimes you can find a great build using mixed gear/ gems.

That reason I bolded is EXACTLY why they won't be added ever.  Imagine a psychic with access to jades/diamonds--hell, imagine a seeker with jades.  Some of them can push 100 without them.  No thanks.

Furthermore, everyone who has played PWI know that jades are the way to go for endgame PvP.  So instead of everyone and their momma sharding with vits, they will shard with jades.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Benji

My psy has 100 def lvl with atk lvl weap.
So i would hit 150 def lvl with atk weap if JoSDs are back.

Now imagine seekers, and how much their SS would hurt.
Full JoSD barbs?
BMs?
Full DoT sins?

No ty, im against this one.

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member
There's a reason the server doesn't have them c:

Quote from: Arashiwf
i remember the fashion

Offline StarLily

There's a reason the server doesn't have them c:
Whats the reason? if everyone can have them same as Vit gems,  why limit players?

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member
People have already made the points.
Servers that have those shards just end up with PvP issues because of them.

Quote from: Arashiwf
i remember the fashion

dickroman

agatio already said those stones not coming(back) in here

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
  • Don't run, you'll only die tired.
That reason I bolded is EXACTLY why they won't be added ever.  Imagine a psychic with access to jades/diamonds--hell, imagine a seeker with jades.  Some of them can push 100 without them.  No thanks.

Furthermore, everyone who has played PWI know that jades are the way to go for endgame PvP.  So instead of everyone and their momma sharding with vits, they will shard with jades.

I just finished making my r8 for my seeker, and without a Dragonchild's, cube neck, or warsong belt, i have 81def lvls, if I were allowed to add 8def lvls per piece of gear, even MY nab ass would be damn near unkillable, and thats pretty sad.

I just met you, but yes I'm crazy, I'll trace your number, and kill you maybe!
You just met me, but I know you're crazy, so lose my number, and keep the baby!

Offline Balnazar

• Godfather of Worms
  • I be back m8
Lol! The be-all and the end-all is we are not having them here in EPW.
End of story! :P

Offline epicseeker

• Old Player
  • Don't run, you'll only die tired.
You guys want to make the game more unbalanced?  :-\ Stop making suggestions that would just ruin the server. Besides, +20 vit stones are better. ^-^

Yeah pretty much this.

I just met you, but yes I'm crazy, I'll trace your number, and kill you maybe!
You just met me, but I know you're crazy, so lose my number, and keep the baby!

Offline Bonbon

• Tori was here. <3

CarbonStrike- 150 Archer