Epic Perfect World

Catshop Scammers

Offline Mynx

• Awww Jam it
  • Born to be real, not perfect
is it me or is there more and more of these lil critters popping up, using similar icon'd items etc to fool peoples into parting with their coins...not that I have fallen for it, but after seeing the proliferation on the pwi servers its sad to see this happen here (its bad enough seeing the constant 'gib me coinz for skills line').

Just wanted the EPW players views on this  :tiger-23:
Good friends are like stars, you don't always see them, but you know they are there.....

Offline Abis

• God Slayer LvL 152
  • Not in Game for a million years!
  • Characters: Abis and more
  • Faction: DarkArms 卐
next time try check what they selling not just the icons, it will show the name and how much it is.
All about using the brains... ^-^
~I'm Leader~
LVL 152 R8 Psy/Sin/Wiz/Barb/Seeker/Veno/Archer/BM/Mystic 
My Shop | Youtube

Offline Mynx

• Awww Jam it
lol i did say i was scammed????, never mind maybe i was to vague in my point of view, i always check the stuff before buying from any shop, my point was that there seems to be more of these guys popping up...

i has brains too, they just on vacation today ( i needs more caffeine)
Good friends are like stars, you don't always see them, but you know they are there.....

Offline Abis

• God Slayer LvL 152
  • Not in Game for a million years!
  • Characters: Abis and more
  • Faction: DarkArms 卐
lol i did say i was scammed????, never mind maybe i was to vague in my point of view, i always check the stuff before buying from any shop, my point was that there seems to be more of these guys popping up
nah maybe i didn't read it right or i just misunderstand it
~I'm Leader~
LVL 152 R8 Psy/Sin/Wiz/Barb/Seeker/Veno/Archer/BM/Mystic 
My Shop | Youtube

Offline Night⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • Agatio was too ♥ +Cedes
  • Characters: *Retired*
  • Faction: N/A
Most of the icons have been changed to look different. but if you noticed a "potential Scammer" plz report it to a GM
RETIRED
I guess everyone was on my profile :$ 

Offline Mynx

• Awww Jam it
lol no worries, tbh i wanted to make newer players aware of these shops/players, guess im a concerned minority XD

Offline Mynx

• Awww Jam it
@ Khaleesi yeah but ik of icons like those for the 'white tiger scroll' which looks similar to the SOT and i have seen a shop selling it as such but by the time ive gone to it to ss for evidence its too late  :tiger-27:  i just hope that the 'victim' sends in a email about it

Offline firestorm01

i dont really deal with catshops but i do know most are thieves lol so just be watchful on what u are buying be sure it is the real deal before u hit trade...

Hei

90% of people put high prices to make money out of people who got no idea about prices.
I'd say learn prices before trying to buy, and use world-chat to buy things.

Offline KingCobra

• quited/inactive.
lol,i remember pwi times when cat shops tryed to scam with the tokens of luck,on the catshop sayed Token of Best Luck,but was a normal token,and prices were...normal token=10k coins,best luck=5 mil,i doubt anyone would fall for that but...ya never know wut kinda ppl are there...xD

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
problem is that we will always have scammers in online games. no matter what kind of system owners provide or anti scam or wateva...some people will always try to find a way to scam  :-\

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
  • Let them hate me, so long as they fear me
People used to do this in PWI. They would title the cat shop 'token of best luck' and there would be a single 'token of luck' inside the cat shop, I also saw people get the wine from the merchant dude in anglers and sell it 'bh wine' for 4 times as much. Both clearly set up as a scam but there's nothing GM's can do to prevent it per say. But as Khaleesi said you can report them. If you see one get some screen shots and report their ass. Unfortunately if its just an item that looks like another and there's nothing to indicate that the item is different from what they said (For example a demonic necklace in a cat shop that says 'Puzzle cube for sale') then you're hard out of luck. Then again perhaps there was a puzzle cube in there but it sold? And the only thing left is a demonic necklace which just happends to look the same as a puzzle cube necklace? :o The point is people can and will charge whatever they want and I guess it's down to us to look where we are walking. Dont piss into the wind as it were :o

vlntbty

True. This is why I ALWAYS check it and recheck it if I am buying from a catshop or trading/buying with someone.

problem is that we will always have scammers in online games. no matter what kind of system owners provide or anti scam or wateva...some people will always try to find a way to scam  :-\

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
 You can prevent being scammed by always paying attention to what you're trading, PW has confirm dialogues for a reason. Icons have been changed in the past to prevent this sort of thing though. There's a good chance they will be changed to prevent the latest versions of this scam.

Offline hot_panini

• Outcasts☆
  • Jim~ #1 Seeker
  • Characters: Hot_Panini
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
I don't mind buying overpriced items in coins from CS because farming coins is easier than farming EC imo.