Epic Perfect World

Poll

this poll is for the ones who have a heavy veno but cant use the skills while use a melee wep on fox form

yes
14 (28%)
no
20 (40%)
i dotn care
16 (32%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Venomancer able to use skills with meele weapons too

Hei

They aren't meant for melee, hence why they're a magic class and have a pet. They're balanced just fine. I think we've done enough bending over backwards to try to accommodate people with handouts and "re-balancing".
Not meant for melee? Then why do we have 6 close range melee skills in fox form? Just for lols or to look good in skill list?

"So no, Venos are not a magic class, because they are so versatile they should be referred to as the "surprise factor class". " Very well said.

Antihero

They have a fox form for a reason. If they weren't meant to be so versatile then they would only have human form. Ever heard of heavy and light armored Venos? I play a heavy Veno because I favor fox form more than human form. Light is meant to be able to interchange between the two when you need to. So no, Venos are not a magic class, because they are so versatile they should be referred to as the "surprise factor class".

Matter of fact, on Lost City my light armored Veno beat many people in duels in fox form. My HA Veno on LC managed to roflpwn a Sin. I haven't really done much dueling on an HA Veno. According to you they aren't meant to be a melee class, I call bull.

Not meant for melee? Then why do we have 6 close range melee skills in fox form? Just for lols or to look good in skill list?

"So no, Venos are not a magic class, because they are so versatile they should be referred to as the "surprise factor class". " Very well said.

Please let a Venomancer try to go toe to toe with me in melee. Please. Especially in heavy or light armor. You might be able to "roflpwn" the fails that are PWI's newer generation players, particularly the Assassins, but I'm not them. As to why you have close range melee skills? For the same reason that melee classes usually have a handful of ranged skills: just in case.

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
Please let a Venomancer try to go toe to toe with me in melee. Please. Especially in heavy or light armor. You might be able to "roflpwn" the fails that are PWI's newer generation players, particularly the Assassins, but I'm not them. As to why you have close range melee skills? For the same reason that melee classes usually have a handful of ranged skills: just in case.

Melee with ranged skills? ROFL! Some other melee classes might but with a Barb as my main I can say we don't have a lot of range at all but what we lack in range we make up for in AoE.

Back on topic here. Are you trying to call the "new generation" players a fail? An experienced HA Veno should be able to drop most physical classes and if geared correctly should drop mages as well. Venos don't have a "handful" of melee skills, they have a whole skill tree dedicated to fox form; which is physical. Besides, IMO range has an upper hand in most cases so why the hell would Venos need melee attacks? Just to have them? Because the animation is pretty? Or would it be that maybe, just maybe the fox form is meant to be used for more than just the added accuracy and physical defense? It is the debate of the century! -gasp-
I'm only keeping this account open because of the memories I have on here, the good and the bad. I logged in just to change my account, and then I'm putting this dusty book back on the shelf.

Offline Shay

• Forum Veteran
  • Shhh... I'm hiding from negative people

It's a challenge..Calling all venos to go "toe to toe" with this guy. 
Although I've never seen a character called Antihero on the game. :rolleyes:

Antihero

Melee with ranged skills? ROFL! Some other melee classes might but with a Barb as my main I can say we don't have a lot of range at all but what we lack in range we make up for in AoE.

That's why I said usually. Barbarians might not, mainly because they're meant to be right in the middle of the action. That's why they're the designated tanks. Assassins, Blademasters, and Seekers have a least a couple ranged attacks in their arsenal.

Back on topic here. Are you trying to call the "new generation" players a fail?

Yes I am. Have you seen PWI lately? The past 2 years have seen a pretty steady decline in quality, not at all compensated in quantity. If not, you need only look at a good portion of the population of private servers.

An experienced HA Veno should be able to drop most physical classes and if geared correctly should drop mages as well. Venos don't have a "handful" of melee skills, they have a whole skill tree dedicated to fox form; which is physical. Besides, IMO range has an upper hand in most cases so why the hell would Venos need melee attacks? Just to have them? Because the animation is pretty? Or would it be that maybe, just maybe the fox form is meant to be used for more than just the added accuracy and physical defense? It is the debate of the century! -gasp-

Which physical classes? Assassins? Because when playing as a BM I've shrugged off their HA fox form damage. I'm sure Barbarians aren't really phased either. I've been more intimidated by their Scarabs and Phoenix pet (which dies rather quickly), and purges than a melee attack. I can see how it would be effective though. Most people don't know how to play well enough to counter it.

It's a challenge..Calling all venos to go "toe to toe" with this guy. 
Although I've never seen a character called Antihero on the game. :rolleyes:

And I've never seen a character called Shay on the game either. Go figure.

Offline Shay

• Forum Veteran
But I'm not the one who said "come at me toe to toe"..go figure

Antihero

It wasn't a challenge to people on the forums. It was an expression. I go out and look for it and I've yet to see one try anything, so I know issuing a challenge would be pointless. I'd just do it in WC anyway.

LaceyPip

And I read CamelToe

Offline Shay

• Forum Veteran

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
That's why I said usually. Barbarians might not, mainly because they're meant to be right in the middle of the action. That's why they're the designated tanks. Assassins, Blademasters, and Seekers have a least a couple ranged attacks in their arsenal.

Yes I am. Have you seen PWI lately? The past 2 years have seen a pretty steady decline in quality, not at all compensated in quantity. If not, you need only look at a good portion of the population of private servers.

Which physical classes? Assassins? Because when playing as a BM I've shrugged off their HA fox form damage. I'm sure Barbarians aren't really phased either. I've been more intimidated by their Scarabs and Phoenix pet (which dies rather quickly), and purges than a melee attack. I can see how it would be effective though. Most people don't know how to play well enough to counter it.

And I've never seen a character called Shay on the game either. Go figure.

A couple. I'm sure a Veno having a whole physical skill tree means that it is for more than "just in case" situations.

Light armor users would probably be intimidated most. Heavy classes don't really do that much against each other from what I've seen which is why HA vs HA battles last so long. Same with AA vs AA and LA vs LA. Some 1v1s with differing armor types go on a long time which shows that both of the people are evenly matched. If you "shrug off" HA Veno damage then get into a 1v1 with an HA Veno around your level that is fully geared(tome is optional) and has the owl or dragon pet and screenshot how much damage they do base and sparked. Let us not forget that fox venos don't really have to wait for spells to be channeled. Because they are physical they can APS to an extent. Keep in mind I said to an extent. I am not talking about 3.33 APS fox Venos, I'm talking about the ones that have a -interval time tome and at least 2 pieces of Dragon HA and maybe a cape from the Wing Trophy Lunar Glade. Demon gives APS upon triple sparking but most HA Venos go Sage anyway but it is still a way for Venos to get some form of APS.
I'm only keeping this account open because of the memories I have on here, the good and the bad. I logged in just to change my account, and then I'm putting this dusty book back on the shelf.

Antihero

If you "shrug off" HA Veno damage then get into a 1v1 with an HA Veno around your level that is fully geared(tome is optional) and has the owl or dragon pet and screenshot how much damage they do base and sparked.

What did you think I was talking about, a level 30 noob? I don't make it a habit of fighting players without endgame gear, or close to it.

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
What did you think I was talking about, a level 30 noob? I don't make it a habit of fighting players without endgame gear, or close to it.

I made my request pretty clear in my previous post. If HA Veno damage is so bad then where is the proof?

Antihero

I made my request pretty clear in my previous post. If HA Veno damage is so bad then where is the proof?

The proof is in the lack of substantial damage to other heavy armored classes, despite your previous claim that any "experienced" veno can take them down easily. However, I realize that there aren't a lot of skilled players so odds are probably in your favor in PvP.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
So, if I understand you right Antihero, you are claiming that the melee based HA venos do, in fact, not need any sort of  boost because they currently can't beat anything? Good job contradicting yourself.

Claiming veno is a magic class is rather pointless. about 1/3rd the veno skilltree is debuffs, 1/3rd arcane, 1/3rd melee.  Arcane venos suck at melee, melee venos suck at everything currently because the way gear is boosted up to 150's doesn't include any sort of viable option for melee based venos. So yes I completely agree with you. HA venos are useless because yea, they are in need of boosting. Only the melee build mind you, not the hybrid or arcane ones.

Antihero

So, if I understand you right Antihero, you are claiming that the melee based HA venos do, in fact, not need any sort of  boost because they currently can't beat anything? Good job contradicting yourself.

Claiming veno is a magic class is rather pointless. about 1/3rd the veno skilltree is debuffs, 1/3rd arcane, 1/3rd melee.  Arcane venos suck at melee, melee venos suck at everything currently because the way gear is boosted up to 150's doesn't include any sort of viable option for melee based venos. So yes I completely agree with you. HA venos are useless because yea, they are in need of boosting. Only the melee build mind you, not the hybrid or arcane ones.

Alright then, let's give the melee Venomancers a boost! We need more cannon fodder anyway.