Epic Perfect World

Poll

this poll is for the ones who have a heavy veno but cant use the skills while use a melee wep on fox form

yes
14 (28%)
no
20 (40%)
i dotn care
16 (32%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Venomancer able to use skills with meele weapons too

Offline cidkmilord

as u know the point of a heavy venomancer is not use mag atks, but some of these skills specially the fox form ones are specially made for melee, and they range are also for melee, i know what will say some QQ people and is "but they have the pataka wich ask for str already" yes but the pataka is not a melee wep, and also dont have mele stats as the axes, fist, claws swords etc. but u cant turn on fox form using them and even if u could u could not go back to human mode cuz u cant use any skill with melee weps, with ou tmention the point of being heavy is take advantage of a melee weapon and the passive skills being on fox form, i like the pataka have the req on str but for be heavy and atk on melee the venos need also the weapon status like int, accu, GOF, wich cant rigth now, is rare to see a heavy veno on pvp for this things.

Offline ThaPinky

• Wearing Straitjacket
  • IDK, IDC, doesn't have an sexual effect on my life
Melee mastery which is 200% Sage and 150% +3% Crit would make those Melee attack pretty damn strong with say Dragon Fist.

There is/was a server that did create "magic fist" weapon that basically shared nearly all the stats with basic fist only with lower stats (M.attack and P.attack) that could be used on both casting and melee.

GoF on weapon is no no, because afaik that kind of procs do work with spells 4xDamage from Nova any1 ?

Offline Vindex

• The Guardian
  • Hood on soldier, do not let them see your eyes.
  • Characters: Vindex, Raiten
  • Faction: One Who Lurks
Im not in any view a veno expert so i wont really comment on original post, okay i will say that it seems kinda meaningless to make it so, cuz then venos could just debuff and hit with phys melee dmg on idk, purged psys, which are squishy and such, but idk, and bout gof working with spells, idk who told u that, but it is not true.

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran
Just add patk to the r8 pataka, or make an extra dragon pataka with melee stats, also, like Vindex mentioned, GoF doesnt work with spells, at least not until sirens of war

Offline cidkmilord

iam not talking about gof with spells, i mean on melee atk from melee weps

Offline kyandeisu

• Old Player
heavy venos arent ment to NOT use their magic attacks..if you wanna go down the heavy path then you should really look into using the pataka. being a heavy veno is not about taking advantage of meele weps not sure where you heard that, but its more for survivability as any magic class going heavy would be.

Offline swiftym

Wouldn't this raise a point that fishies can't use skill in tideborn form? In my opinion, venos weren't made for HA, just like sins weren't made for HA or BMs made for AA...

Antihero

There is/was a server that did create "magic fist" weapon that basically shared nearly all the stats with basic fist only with lower stats (M.attack and P.attack) that could be used on both casting and melee.

Was, if you're talking about the server I'm thinking of. It was an end-game weapon choice.

Offline Deea

• My name is Deea
  • not Dea QQ
heavy venos arent ment to NOT use their magic attacks..if you wanna go down the heavy path then you should really look into using the pataka. being a heavy veno is not about taking advantage of meele weps not sure where you heard that, but its more for survivability as any magic class going heavy would be.
+100000000000000000000000000000000

kittenwhovian

Wouldn't this raise a point that fishies can't use skill in tideborn form? In my opinion, venos weren't made for HA, just like sins weren't made for HA or BMs made for AA...

can agree sins weren't made for HA and bms AA but Venos can definitely be killer in heavy armor imo if played right.
& what's the point of tideborn form, nobody fights in water lol

Offline Craggan

If I understand your way of thinking then why not make dual blades able to be used for barb skills too while we are at it. I'm sure there is a reason why venos can't use melee weapons and go to fox form but I will just go back to mindin my own business now and let a more informed person answer this more.

Offline SlowPokie

• Forever.
  • Legendzā„¢.
Veno weap r8 and the long one has 5k+ phy attack which hits 20k+ with 0
0 pdef it is fine how it is I say

Offline Benji

AA venos are hardcore killers, idk why would a veno go HA and expect to do fast kills.
HA veno im my opinion is made to live long and support squad.
And be a nasty little pest for the enemy. If you want that way,you already have custom patakas, isnt that enough?

EDIT: making this would make aps barbs QQ..but with reason..why they couldnt get usable skills with claws/D edges? Anyhow,just my opinion. So yeah, im against it.
Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 03:08 pm by Basilisk

Hei

That melee wep... that's actually a good idea. Venomancers have 6 fox form skills that inflict phy damage, and because phy attack on the wep is quite low, those skills make really small damage(and since venos dont use agility, most of those miss on heavy and light classes) therefore these are useless (and some waste chi).

Lets say, the wep that gets changed is a magic sword and phy attack on the wep would be increased as well as interval, accuracy % and maybe GoF(yes, GoF. this effect doesnt work with magic attacks, seeker being a really good example of that) was added to the wep. This would add more possibility to venos, instead of just purge, amp, take chi, go out from fox form and spam Venomous Scarab, Lucky Scarab, Ironwood Scarab and from time to time (when you get enough chi) nova. That gets kinda boring.
Also, note that foxform venos hit only 1 target at a time, and people can run away from them so they don't get hit. They don't get pulls or jumps like WR and assassin does.

Anyway to relate it to the heavy veno topic... heavy venos have some extra str and dex points and my idea would benefit them too.

Now to people who QQ about heavy armor and who voted no: ever tried to hit these venos with magic attacks? If you did you would see that these are quite easy to kill. Play a heavy veno yourself and you'll see how boring it is.

Yet another edit: i forgot to say that because the wep would be changed to have effects that fox form venos would benefit from, it wouldn't have channeling, therefore all skills would be slow to cast.
Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 03:21 pm by Hei

Offline Benji

That melee wep... that's actually a good idea. Venomancers have 6 fox form skills that inflict phy damage, and because phy attack on the wep is quite low, those skills make really small damage(and since venos dont use agility, most of those miss on heavy and light classes) therefore these are useless (and some waste chi).

Lets say, the wep that gets changed is a magic sword and phy attack on the wep would be increased as well as interval, accuracy % and maybe GoF(yes, GoF. this effect doesnt work with magic attacks, seeker being a really good example of that) was added to the wep. This would add more possibility to venos, instead of just purge, amp, take chi, go out from fox form and spam Venomous Scarab, Lucky Scarab, Ironwood Scarab and from time to time (when you get enough chi) nova. That gets kinda boring.
Anyway to relate it to the heavy veno topic... heavy venos have some extra str and dex points and my idea would benefit them too.

Now to people who QQ about heavy armor: ever tried to hit these venos with magic attacks? If you did you would see that these are quite easy to kill.
HA veno in fox form with mag ornaments has both defs fairly high.