Epic Perfect World

"Radio" EPW.

Offline Fatigue

• Glorious
  • You will never be this beautiful
I asked on WC a few times and got generally positive responses, And i have a decent idea of how it works and how to do it.
But the real question is, Who would want it?
Here's the idea: PWI installed music sucks. What if i were to make weekly "Patches" so you could get updated music, Straight from the charts and suggested by users. I would do my best to bring them about weekly, Even every few days. At the moment it's in beta testing and i could use agatio's help if he knows how to find the script that decides what music to play in what areas etc. If anyone else has the skills to do this, It would be a GREAT help, As i could theme more ambient music for cities, and more "Fast paced" music for PK heavy areas.
If anyone has modding experience or a good place where i can download music fast(ish) it would be great.
Just general responses and any ideas you could add to it please.
If any GM's think there may be bugs/issues with this, PM me Ingame or send me a PM or post it here.
When it gets up and going and i find the most efficient way to do it, I will either be doing random picks from suggestions or maybe a "Prize draw" where someone can pick a few songs or the genre. .-.
Many thanks

Offline BamBam

• Old Player
I think it is possible to swap out the pwi music files with your own but I have never tried this. Mainly due to it being much easier to just set a playlist on my own media player.

Offline Fatigue

• Glorious
The whole point of this is that people can just quickly drag the file, it will automatically overwrite, and they can listen to the same music as their friends etc.

Hei

I think it is possible to swap out the pwi music files with your own but I have never tried this. Mainly due to it being much easier to just set a playlist on my own media player.
I did this 2 years ago... it took a while to swap the right files and after a week it got really repetitive. Eg, you go adc west, 1 song plays all the time(when you swap music zones, music changes or sometimes just restarts from the begging)
N yea download all songs you like, put them on list, repeat + shuffle n play.

Anyway about your idea, not everyone has the same taste of music so putting time in doing this its kind-of pointless.

Offline Fatigue

• Glorious
I would be trying to do different bands and genres every week.
Youre into punk rock but this week is rap?
Wait till next week

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
sounds nice and it's easy to do too, but waste of time when you can simply and VERY easily just play whatever music you feel like on your own music player, with a much wider control over the music... :S

Just don't see the point in this .. too many players with all having a different taste in music and what not soo you won't be able to please most of the players..

I would be trying to do different bands and genres every week.
Youre into punk rock but this week is rap?
Wait till next week

why would one wait, when they can just play punk rock non stop on iTunes or something o.o  it's kinda pointless i think for the amount of work that's required. It's not a bad idea.. just not worth it when there are better alternatives :S .

#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline Fatigue

• Glorious
sounds nice and it's easy to do too, but waste of time when you can simply and VERY easily just play whatever music you feel like on your own music player, with a much wider control over the music... :S

Just don't see the point in this .. too many players with all having a different taste in music and what not soo you won't be able to please most of the players..

why would one wait, when they can just play punk rock non stop on iTunes or something o.o  it's kinda pointless i think for the amount of work that's required. It's not a bad idea.. just not worth it when there are better alternatives :S .

I think ill just do it as a fun project.
I might be able to find a way to intergrate live music directly to the game if agatio or another person with good skills in developing things like this helped. (idek if this is possible)

Offline hot_panini

• Outcasts☆
  • Jim~ #1 Seeker
  • Characters: Hot_Panini
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
I...actually like the PWI music...its relaxing.

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
  • Empathy is a dying art.
  • Characters: Sleep|Snooze|Opiate|Snore
  • Faction: EPW_Team
PWI installed music sucks.

I love it. No shame. It's so pretty. :c

You don't want to exasperate GN Sleep  :pig-11: :pig-37: