Epic Perfect World

Animals love unconditionally - A little something for the day

LaceyPip

Her eyes met mine as she walked down the corridor peering apprehensively into the kennels. I felt her need instantly and knew I had to help her.
I wagged my tail, not too exuberantly, so s
he wouldn't be afraid. As she stopped at my kennel I blocked her view from a little accident I had in the back of my cage. I didn't want her to know that I hadn't been walked today. Sometimes the overworked shelter keepers get too busy and I didn't want her to think poorly of them.
As she read my kennel card I hoped that she wouldn't feel sad about my past. I only have the future to look forward to and want to make a difference in someone’s life.

She got down on her knees and made little kissy sounds at me. I shoved my shoulder and side of my head up against the bars to comfort her. Gentle fingertips caressed my neck; she was desperate for companionship. A tear fell down her cheek and I raised my paw to assure her that all would be well.
Soon my kennel door opened and her smile was so bright that I instantly jumped into her arms.

I would promise to keep her safe.
I would promise to always be by her side.
I would promise to do everything I could to see that radiant smile and sparkle in her eyes.
I was so fortunate that she came down my corridor. So many more are out there who haven’t walked the corridors. So many more to be saved. At least I could save one.
I rescued a human today.

Offline ThaPinky

• Wearing Straitjacket
  • IDK, IDC, doesn't have an sexual effect on my life
Huh I don't like animals ?? I tell you I love animals...Butchered->made to food->delivered on a plate in front of me (applies to nearly all meat).

Offline Benji

You eat humans too,or just non-human animals?

Offline Groovy

• Imperare sibi maximum imperium est
You can't compare humans to other animals since we developed something called morality and ethics.

Otherwise it would be ok to rape, kill kids from previous marriages and have sex with own family members. Because that's what other animals do.

Not to mention eating human flesh is extremely unhealthy due to the presence of molecules called prions. All of cannibal tribes suffer from serious mental diseases after eating human flesh throughout the years.
Last Edit: Apr 29, 2013, 07:39 am by Groovy
I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar...

Offline Benji

Animals - mammals - primates - humans.

No matter how much we changed,or how ethic we are,it is still a fact.

Offline Groovy

• Imperare sibi maximum imperium est
That's where we come from but not necessarily what we currently are.

Or, how my martial arts instructor likes to say: "similar" doesn't mean "the same".
I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar...

Offline Benji

I said animals and non-human animals.
From the roots we are the same,even tho we evolved the fastest and highest so far. Its a fact and no opinion can change that,sry.

EDIT: to make it easyer to understand. Its like a flower. You have ugly roots,that grow and grow..after a while,you have a beautiful blossom high above the roots. But that same blossom came from that ugly root,and no matter does he like it or not,its just how it is. Its a special,beautiful blossom,that changed so much from the root,but it is still the same flower. Respect the nature and evolve further :)
Last Edit: Apr 29, 2013, 08:06 am by Basilisk

Offline ThaPinky

• Wearing Straitjacket
You eat humans too,or just non-human animals?

You can't compare humans to other animals since we developed something called morality and ethics.

Otherwise it would be ok to rape, kill kids from previous marriages and have sex with own family members. Because that's what other animals do.

Not to mention eating human flesh is extremely unhealthy due to the presence of molecules called prions. All of cannibal tribes suffer from serious mental diseases after eating human flesh throughout the years.

Ok ok, I did say:
Huh I don't like animals ?? I tell you I love animals...Butchered->made to food->delivered on a plate in front of me (applies to nearly all meat).

No need to kill each other for it...Though well cooked it might make a decent lunch  >:D

LaceyPip

so you will eat dogs and cats too?

Offline ThaPinky

• Wearing Straitjacket

so you will eat dogs and cats too?

It all depends on how they are cooked and served, though so far haven't had a chance to taste either. If you go to grill and order meat, how can you ever know what is in it ?

But no, I wouldn't go to a place that has sign on front saying: "We kill the dog you pick and make it lunch".