• Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
Every faction, no matter how small,
can do TW. You just bid and when
time comes go in, fight and have fun.
You lose nothing for tons of dying in
there.

I dunno about anyone else, but if I'm gonna do TW, I want a blue chance in hell to actually win the whole shebang.  Not to wipe and wipe and wipe.  That's not fun for anyone.

If your faction would not let you TW just because of gear then maybe you should find a different faction. Also, during defends multiple defends are very likely allowing 80 or 120 people total to TW. 

Right now all that's happening in TW is Sync, NH & Worms picking off all the smaller factions near them & OC attacking NH iirc.  With the current player limit there are only 4 or 5 factions that have the numbers to do anything in TW really. Capping it at 40 would add several other factions into the competetive zone where they can take and hold at least 1 land. Multiple is still tough with TW ganks being possible which is how bigger factions would set themselves apart.

It's a much better solution than just waiting for all the larger factions to wipe out all the smaller ones and then having a map wipe & weeks of dead TW because these big factions are doing all they can to avoid a fight with a group their own size.

It was just an example; on PWI, I did get turned down for TW because the faction had too many wizzies so they had to base it on gear.  I eventually switched to psychic because it got that bad (a level 90 psychic had a better chance at getting in than a 101 wizzie basically--mind you this was ions ago, a few months after tideborn).  Now obviously this isn't the case here (or at least I'd hope not), and there is that chance of multiple defenses (when Sirens of War patch comes out, it'll be possible to attack the same faction 7 times in one slot).  But what I think will happen is that bigger factions will just split into two.  So we'll have, for example, 6 factions with similar power instead of 3.  Which is a good thing.  But there will be lesser TW factions that may never see land because now the power has just shifted to 6 smaller entities.  That's the only issue I can see.

Otherwise it's a nice idea, albeit probably not possible.

lmao this is just crazy a tw is basicaly 80 ppl on each side war.. reduce it is just gona reduce the fun.. either get more people into your faction for tw or merge with other small factions so u can have 80ppl.. reducing it is just going to make tw BORING..

Just cause you guys cant get enough players into your factions for TW numbers.. Please dont SPOIL the FUN for the rest of us faction that ACTUALY have proper TW's

The problem with mergers is that you have two factions with two different kinds of sets of people, two different leaders with different views, etc.  In order for a merger to work effectively, both leaders should be able to agree or compromise.  If one ego is out of control, it's gonna fail.  That is why folks stay away from merging because it's usually more trouble than what it's worth.

As I'm not a TWer (at least not for the time being--I'm closer to server time from now on so I may dabble in it now), I can't judge on the "fun", but it can't possibly be fun for those you steam roll.  Like I said, if I'm gonna do TW, I'm going in with an at least 50% chance to win, not a 100% chance of dying over and over.

Oh, and about the PC's freezing up.. That's the most stupid thing I ever heard. Just turn down your game settings if your computer can't handle it, your PC's freezing is not enough to warrant ruining something which has been going on in Perfect World games for years.

Sometimes turning down all graphics don't do any good.  Have you been on PWI forums lately?  The lag issue has been ongoing for years, and it's mostly because this game wasn't designed well and its framework hasn't changed.  If you have a monster comp, certainly you won't notice it.  But if you have a computer that has the bare minimum requirements to run the game (pre expansions, I'll say, because my computer used to run PWI a lot nicer pre-tideborn expansion), it's noticeable.  And many people are not gonna upgrade a computer (or has the means to) just to play this game.  Just saying.

Like I said, it's a nice idea, but highly doubt it's possible.  Skills can't be modified, makeover scroll cooldown is hard-coded into the game as well.  If they made makeover scroll cooldown hard-coded, what makes you think they didn't hard-code 80 v 80 TW's?

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Creamfields

• Who's afraid of 138?
And as to pcs freezing yes i turned down my settings and its fine but some turn them down and still lagged so that would help for those who cant do anything more about it.It sounds like some dont want it balanced hmmm wonder which factions they are in lmao :))

Feo said everything that is to be said. This will benefit smaller/medium size guilds and be a "problem" for the bigger ones who keep going after the smaller guilds. This is a great poll and the GMs should really consider about it.

You guys are only enforcing what I said. It's the smaller guilds who want to change it, and the bigger guilds who want to keep it the same. Why should the smaller guilds opinions be valued higher than that of the larger guilds?

Life is better at 140BPM.

christian177

youre statement just helps to further what everyone else is saying only big guilds want to keep it same cause they know they have the numbers to win when you bring it down to 40 it shows how well youre faction really is more balanced im guessing the only reason you wanna keep it same is cause you know you have a sure chance of winning against a smaller guild take away youre numbers and lets actually see how well youre fact can do in tw ;)

Offline Ivan

• Ibun
  • Faction: Ducks
You guys are only enforcing what I said. It's the smaller guilds who want to change it, and the bigger guilds who want to keep it the same. Why should the smaller guilds opinions be valued higher than that of the larger guilds?

There's a reason why voting was invented. Everyone, SMALL or BIG should be equal and have the right to vote. No one said that the smaller guilds' opinions are more valued, it just happens that there are more smaller unsatisfied guilds than the  big ones who are happy with how things are. And good God.. I'm not sure if I sound like a communist or a democrat right now  :rolleyes:

Offline Allizkrad

• Characters: Allizkrad
  • Faction: HellRazor
i started this post to express a suggestion about tw, and tbh i prefer the 40 vs 40 cus at least each faction would had to create their own strategy in how they will do the tw insted of just go lane B and just roll other factions in 5 minutes, sry for being naggy or sound like one but i  prefer do 1h30+ tws and lose than win a tw in 6 minutes.
Besides if and is a huge "if" Agatio could make this change to tws it wouldnt ruin tw it would improve in my point a lot more tws each week and prolly more balance in tw map nad more factions there also.

Offline Creamfields

• Who's afraid of 138?
it just happens that there are more smaller unsatisfied guilds than the  big ones who are happy with how things are. And good God.. I'm not sure if I sound like a communist or a democrat right now  :rolleyes:

But that's not true, the voting is completely 1 sided in respect that Keeping it the same has almost twice as many votes as changing it.

Life is better at 140BPM.

Offline TeGeS

• Old school player
  • Sage Wizzard
  • Characters: TeGeS
  • Faction: Team69/Warning
Since beggining of PW TW was 80 vs 80. Gm`s do not make mistakes of PWI to change everything coz of ppl which are less social qutting bigger guild coz its too noisy for them... TW is a main target in this game and fac which gets all territories winning ;) So ppl have to choose: staying in big TW fac or be with friends in small guild "only to play each other for fun"...

From the other hand if i remember well PWI had to implement a base faction wars which was planned to be 40 vs 40 but dunno any detailed infos about that coz I quit there when it was only future patch plans.....
Dont teach me how to play my char, coz i already know that...

Offline hot_panini

• Outcasts☆
  • Jim~ #1 Seeker
  • Characters: Hot_Panini
  • Faction: Outcasts☆

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
  • Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
  • Faction: Salvation
I personally think 40v40 TW would be a great idea.  Many of the factions without as much name recognition or numbers often like to say that they can fight just as well as the larger factions can. They simply do not have he numbers to attempt to do so.  Allowing the 90% of factions who can't show 80 in TW a chance at a fair fight on this server might be good for it.

Also, yes.  I am admittedly one of those guys with the crap computer who would be happy to see a few more frames lol
I'm basically 40

Offline AOH

• Old Player
  • Characters: Aids
  • Faction: Ŧα†αlι†y
I think it would benefit the small and large factions alike by reducing the number of players to 40.

Large factions would be able to defend multiple lands easier.

Smaller factions wouldn't need so many people to get a fair fight.

TW will never be the same as PK since the goal isn't so much to kill the players as it is to destroy the crystal. wouldn't mind seeing this happen since it might make the map more colorful.

Offline Animassacre

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: War
Large or Small Fac no metter 80 max of players is good we dont need changes

Offline littlelupe

• Old Player
I am clearly noticing that the side that is in favour of having 40 vs 40 TWs actually is giving reasons and actually understanding the problem. The side that favours 80 vs 80 TWs has one reason: It has been like this always on pwi servers, apart from taht no reasoning. As you can see just from this post: people do not love big factions and their way of playing; many people favour a fair play, equal numbers and equal chances for everyone.

Offline Consist

• Old Player
TW is fine as it is.

Offline Nicolle

• Old Player
  • No
  • Faction: Artifex
Large or Small Fac no metter 80 max of players is good we dont need changes
^^^^^

Offline Anie

I like the idea. (:
Last Edit: Apr 20, 2013, 10:55 pm by Anie