Epic Perfect World

Seeker in PK

Offline Vookie

• New account: CookieVookie
Hey all
I made this topic because I was wondering about seekers usage in pk on this server, On normal PWI seekers are pretty good due to GoF and rly big damage, but here I noticed its different, damage isnt rly that big compared to huge HP u get here, there's a lot of about combos and stuff. My seeker atm is 149 with updated gear and I was Pking on him a bit and there wasnt rly anything more than just ticking charms, and same thing happens If I pk with other seekers on my archer or sin, so yeah here's my question for you, is there a decent way to PK on seeker? I planned to get him to r8 but is it even worth it? Im not gonna be demon aps because I dont like it, Im sage and I wanna use only long swords in PK cuz thats more fun for me, but can you tell me more about this class, combos, or maybe u got some videos( its hard to find them about seekers, rly :O). I wanna know your opinion guys and I dont want you to call me 'noob' and telling me that I cant play seeker cuz like I said I see no changes when I PK with other seekers on my archer or sin, and yeah its a serious issue for me because I rly wanna play this class D:
new account: CookieVookie

Offline Lucky

• Pokemon Master
  • Feel free to PM ingame if you need any help
erm being able to switch between amazing aps and huge spikes of metal mage damage makes seekers one of the more overpowered classes on this server, which is why they are so common here. What makes it sweeter is how they are super easy to level. In PvP they also get stunlocks, insane defense level, and the (in)famous QPQ.
ShinyWB Demon Barbarian WildBunch
NaturalTouch Demon Mystic Ducks
LolCrits Sage Assassin
Fistings Demon Blademaster Rawr
LuckyKill Sage Seeker
LoneMaiden Sage Archer

Have you guys ever seen a flock of ducks flying in perfect formation? It's beautiful. Pretty awesome the way they all stick together. Ducks never say die. Ever seen a duck fight? No way. Why? Because the other animals are afraid. They know that if they mess with one duck, they gotta deal with the whole flock. I'm proud to be a Duck, and I'd be proud to fly with any one of you. So how about it? Who's a Duck?

rainlu

Basic strategy - rush, defend, rush
try to learn opening with archangels>stun{except against sins with tidal protection},click on soulsever minuet - for the atk lvl and def lvl debuff, then triggering the addon debuff on enemy with ranged skills like rock splitting cleave,battousai,staggering strike{50% chance} and after that trying to spike dmg with following combo:go with 85 {you can have arround 110}+ def lvls occult ice> unfetter>Crit debuff of archangels>crimson soul powder>blade affinity>sacrificial slash>QPQ>switch to GOF weap> gemini slash+extreme poison {2 sec cast same as crit debuff from archangels}>heartseeker>switch to aps gear...Yes very easy for the enemy to evade but when you know your tactics you usually use it when the opponent has low debuff ability state and you can also add fortify lvl 1  before qpq>ion spike>edged blur against melees but you will have to stay in r8 gear for that  and atk only with boring metal combos. and after that against sins and archers use duelist glee and use it in tandern with arme nier to disable opponent's skills that require weap and on the rest of classes stunlock with parchedblade dance> heartseeker>switch to AA gear with edges>and stalagstrike when the status is on, and then add some northern sky waltz {-20 def lvls} triggering with staggering strike while the blade affinity,sacrifical slash and qpq is on cooldown...Just use this ...seek is not like barb when u feel disgusted when something doesn't work your way...Seeker makes you laugh at the enemy and yourself even when you loose by having fun and the feeling you tried it and screwed it up...my 2 cents
and don't forget about rewinding gesture but save it for the 2 nd spike.
And you should modify this tactic i mean sometimes it's better to rush sometimes it's better to spark{25% more survivability>which u gonna use when enemies are too ofensive and you have troubles with avoiding stuns from owls or sins or
occult ice freeze and also as a seeker don't waste genie energy ,you should go full strength on genie though just let urself have lawbreaker {against sins or clerics and mystics mainly} and also occult ice for the more catchability in critical situations when it's kill or be killed and your hs on cooldown.so remember always to have at least 85 genie energy available at least so u have possibility for both attackability and survivability...either cloud erruption lvl 1>  sage sparking or break from silence when needed and also try using crabs ...have fun and gl ...Seeker is easy to get involved but hard to master :3etc...the most important factors in pvp

but every class has it's good combos like bm has 6 sec stun every 6 seconds mobility,survivability {balance genie skill}, gs+hf every 30 sec and 5 aps ...seek has a really eye-catchy spike dmg in 1 minute easily avoidable but deadly,voidstep,rewinding gesture,archangels.{with rewinding gesture + arch crit debuff your crit is like 70+ %}
Barb has occult ice>demon sunder>tree of protection arma...
but you already know every class is spike dmg able ,it just always differs in intervals depending on the class and your playing style.

But for seek r8 with full def lvls is simply a must to feel the OP'ness
if u get 85 def levels on r8 seek will become really fun to play i guarantee it.Just don't forget
Last Edit: Apr 19, 2013, 01:28 am by rainlu

Offline Vookie

Q_Q I will never learn that but ty a lot for this long response I'll do my best, lol >.<

rainlu

no it will only take you 2 minutes to be decent in it and will take ages to master it ^^

Offline Kirasath

Lol I should try those combos.I have a seeker with 107def lvl and 39 attack but have trouble with barbs/psys/mystics.Maybe more practice is needed.Anyway seeker is a dangerous opponent just requires much more experience than most other classes.

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
  • I'm one of THOSE people
i have several posts about seeker stuff somewhere in forums if you can find it anyway, rainlu kinda nailed it for the most part lol. I could help if u want to send me a personal message I can reply, but i'm kinda tired atm and don't feel up to writing my infamous text walls about this lol.  :P
150 Sage seeker   AurielXarxes
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline Apollo

Learn metal combo, get OP R8r gear, and 1shot all. That's all you need, gl.

Other than that, just look at rainlu's post.

Offline hot_panini

• Outcasts☆
  • Jim~ #1 Seeker
  • Characters: Hot_Panini
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
I love the comboes i make with my seeker, It pretty much kills sins

Offline Vookie

I love the comboes i make with my seeker, It pretty much kills sins
PANINI MY LESBIAN LOVER HAS SEEKER?!

From what you all say I assume its rly hard to find a decent seeker for pk, meh I'll try my best to pwn everyone around e_e Thanks all for ur answers
Last Edit: Apr 17, 2013, 06:50 am by LoveAddict

Offline hot_panini

• Outcasts☆
  • Jim~ #1 Seeker
  • Characters: Hot_Panini
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
How did you get out of my cage and magically get in this forum????????????

rainlu

i forgot to add seeker in the beggining need to set full defense mode 90 % of the time and stun lock especially avoid getting caught with unfetter and use occult ice as opening stun - pretty much gonna look like voldemort vs harry potter.. bell yeah cuz u'll get dropped like the guy from recent pvp...(i didn't watch it though ,only heard)
otherwise it would end up >luckily u'll put hf on enemy if not oponent will stun you and you are insta dead>and after that your gonna be dead since you have nothing to counter with.So always have a setting.And also don't do stuff like using hf pill after blade affinity...it would decrease it chan...trust me i did that mistake.Although it's very hard to time certain combos especially against mystics,sins archers ,and every class that pretty much got stuns and sleeps and lovely antistun.Be sure to have unfetter,rewinding gesture, and voidstep available before fight.And it's op imho high dps.
Last Edit: Apr 19, 2013, 01:49 am by rainlu

rainlu

i feel from my heart that this quote needs to be added here...
you have to choose situations when to be aggresive
- Anton Singov  (legend in gaming)
and here is a vid, not really an awesome fight but you can see what i meant
Last Edit: Apr 19, 2013, 09:50 am by rainlu

Offline Vookie

i feel from my heart that this quote needs to be added here... - Anton Singov  (legend in gaming)
and here is a vid, not really an awesome fight but you can see what i meant

TY man , luv ya