Epic Perfect World

PvP unbalanced

Offline Zaibeast'

• Old Player
  • *lalalala* Sins are OP *lalalala*
i like what pen said... but i do agree with Elu psy has way too much soulforce 40% chance on any attack for 5 sec seal.. not too mention the stuns its just ridiculous =/

balance pls -;_;-
it's not 40% chance nor 5 seconds seal, also it can be easily countered with genie anti seal skill
psys are few hits if on black voodoo..

also it's too soon to judge, I think the problem lies also that people don't know the new classes and their skills yet, so don't have tactics against them

The only way to counter psys is with the genie skill will surge. However, it only lasts for 7 seconds, and has a 30 second cooldown. Psys can easily counter that genie skill through kiting, using psychics will, or expelling themselves whenever that genie skill is up. Unless you make another type of method to counter that 33% seal, it just makes it more difficult to kill psychics unless you one-shot them. That method could be making another type of apothecary that gives you an anti-seal effect that's similar to vacuity powders.
Zaibeast - 150 Demon Barbarian
Dynasti - 150 Demon Archer
Peekabooo - 150 Demon Assassin
Peekabam - 150 Sage Psychic

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
I found a way how to lower psy's soulforce easily.
But first I need to perform some tests to make it balanced.

Offline emileq

I cant belive what im reading. An army of 4.0 sins that can easily get soul of silence from psych on multi (and that would be 42% for seal on 150 lvl for EVERY class except psych that can get 33%) + they can be invisible (when on shadow escape those +30 awa pots dont work + they are rather expensive - 5 for 1 elisir WTF?!) and still the psych needs to be nerfed.

Offline MarMar

Srsly? Psys need to be nerfed even more they already are? Don't you think it's a bit too much, Soon enough lvl150 psys will be easy targets for lvl130 sins if you actually continue nerfing only psys.... I have a lvl142 psy and even now with will surge im an easy target for any good lvl140 sin with will surge, not to mention the being 3 shotted by a Sin with a lvl150 bow... that is unfair if you ask me....

Offline maniolnba

why psych nerf? wtf. psych dont deal much dmg... just got some good CC.

Keeping assassins like that and nerf physic will be epic bullshit

Offline j30r

I do not think that Pys need to be nerfed, especially when you have Sins and BM's that can stun lock anyone til dead. 
If you nerf the Psy's then you better Nerf the Sins and BM's stuns. 
Then after that nerf the Barbs HPS, and the Clerics Buffs and heals.
Then, dont allow venos to have pets, oh and just get rid of the Seekers and the Mystics. 

Once all that gets done it still wont be fair, so you better just shut the server down then and ONLY then will all be fair in EPW's PK.

Basically all classes have their strengths and weaknesses, learning them and understanding them is very important, learn what the other calsses can and cannot do then exploit your strengths against their weakness.  This game is supposed to be fun, if you die in PK, like I do ALOT, don't get mad its not like you died in real life.  I enjoy getting PWND in PK cuz I learn something, sometimes start up a good rivary with them too.  Remember its just a game, have fun with it.

Offline Zaibeast'

• Old Player
LOL at ppl QQing about psys getting nerfed. Will surge? Come-on. It lasts for 7 seconds with a 30 second cool-down. As I've said before, THAT is easily countered if you use half a brain. You have expel and psychics will to counter will surge. 12 second stun? Good god, no class should be able to have such a lengthy stun such as that. If you can't kill a player within those 12 seconds, then you clearly do not know how to play your class correctly.

Psychics have sooo many advantages, it's ridiculous.

1) self-buffs, enough said. 33% chance to silence, 12 second stun that you can spam every 30 seconds
2) Increase charm cooldown by 3 seconds? lolol. Or lower your own charm cooldown by 3 seconds.
3) soul-burn? wow
4) A ton of aoe skills that require no chi and are spammable
5) most of the skills require little channeling

I fully agree that sins also need a nerf. But nerfing psys is a start.
LOL at ppl QQing about psys getting nerfed. Will surge? Come-on. It lasts for 7 seconds with a 30 second cool-down. As I've said before, THAT is easily countered if you use half a brain. You have expel and psychics will to counter will surge. 12 second stun? Good god, no class should be able to have such a lengthy stun such as that. If you can't kill a player within those 12 seconds, then you clearly do not know how to play your class correctly.

1) self-buffs, enough said. 33% chance to silence, 12 second stun that you can spam every 30 seconds
2) Increase charm cooldown by 3 seconds? lolol. Or lower your own charm cooldown by 3 seconds.
3) soul-burn? wow

cough barbs do too >.> cough

Offline Curring

3) soul-burn? wow

Dude, there is no point talking to these people...

Heh, try playing a r8 +5 psy guys... then you'll actually realise how insinificant the seal can be  but at +12 when it's proccing at every SPELL (Not aps) then yeahs it's op.
There are sooooo many tricks and traits to a psy - psy are EASY to learn but HARD to master, l2p your class, people that learn their class know when something is op on their side, and if they're humble will acknowledge it.

Offline Zaibeast'

• Old Player

3) soul-burn? wow

cough barbs do too >.> cough

Oh shush it. I've repeated myself at least 5 times that barbs also need a nerf dummy.  ::)

But I must admit, I do like being a little bit overpowered  ;D

Offline Zaibeast'

• Old Player

3) soul-burn? wow

Dude, there is no point talking to these people...

Heh, try playing a r8 +5 psy guys... then you'll actually realise how insinificant the seal can be  but at +12 when it's proccing at every SPELL (Not aps) then yeahs it's op.
There are sooooo many tricks and traits to a psy - psy are EASY to learn but HARD to master, l2p your class, people that learn their class know when something is op on their side, and if they're humble will acknowledge it.

Oh I know all about certain classes being a bit too OP. I don't call myself a good pker but if I can face-roll certain classes 90% of the time, then that's a tell-sign that it's a bit too OP. I played a sin and I've rolled 150 dragon geared sins with my 145 nirvana geared sin. I've never seen a class that can do that so easily.

On my Barb? meh, when it comes to 1v1s, I win 80-90% of the time.

Psychics? lolol. I already mentioned them

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
It's funny how barbs were weak during early 1.3.6, then they have gotten a buff and became pretty balanced, but 1.4.4 somehow made them overpowered...
The class I see sightly underpowered are archers due to their low defs, about attack I am not sure yet.
And yes, the seal chance of Psys is ridiculous and needs to be lowered abit after thoughtful consideration.

It's funny how barbs were weak during early 1.3.6, then they have gotten a buff and became pretty balanced, but 1.4.4 somehow made them overpowered...
The class I see sightly underpowered are archers due to their low defs, about attack I am not sure yet.
And yes, the seal chance of Psys is ridiculous and needs to be lowered abit after thoughtful consideration.

i'm not sure if the problem is with the archers themselves because they were one of the most popular classes before 1.4.4 came out and hit hard as is. that said there is no way in hell a barb should hit harder than an archer. as magetank pointed out the original classes were classified as support, DD, and tank and barbs have now become both DD (to the point of hitting harder than the real DDs lol) and the tankiest class in the game.

Offline Zaibeast'

• Old Player

Now that you mentioned it, the only reason why barbs became so much harder to kill was the addition of the genie skills. Solid shield with a 100 str genie would reduce any attack on me by 60% for 14 seconds. Occult ice is also another one of those genie skills that cause trouble by enabling barbs to stun lock for a little bit longer if their stuns go off. Those extra stuns enable me to basically finish off most players. Oh and the very fact that everyone considers me a fail barb makes the class even more OP  ??? I mean, how can someone that sucks at their class beat other so-called "Pro" players. da fawwwkk. Somethings wrong with the world.

LA classes will forever be squishy lol. It's just the nature of the armor they wear. If you buff up the LA armor, sins will also be a bit more tanky as a result. I actually have no issue in surviving on an archer. With all the kiting, genie skills, and wings of grace I can spam. The problem for me is dealing enough damage to take out the opposing players. **cough cough** let archers use daggers  :P  ::)  ;D

Last Edit: Apr 24, 2012, 10:32 pm by Zaibeast'