Epic Perfect World

Perfect world no longer works with windows 7? O.o

Hello

i managed to download the epic PW client and it patched automatically and perfectly after i extracted the files. but when i click start i get this:

i would click ok, and then the patcher would exit and the game wouldn't start

I downloaded and extracted the files in my Local disk (D:)

even when restarted my pc, and ran it as administrator, and even verified the files i still got the same thing.
I have Windows 7, This is the fourth private server where this has happened and im afraid perfect world may not work on this type of computer (i used to have windows XP and PW worked perfectly for it)

please tell me this isn't so :(  :'(

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Perfect World runs under Windows 7 perfectly fine. Can't help much more than suggesting to update your graphic drivers / directX or possibly try under other OS.
thank you for your reply.

what is OS though? xD

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Operating system :P

Offline Epica

• Old Player
did u replaced files on the PWI Client with the 171Mb patch from the download page ?

Offline Lilly

• Retired Staff Member
When you reinstall the game and put our client in... Make sure to turn off your anti virjs while installing. Some time it will think there is a cirus in one of tye files and delete it. After you i.stall and update you can turn it back on.
That's a great idea because i have Norton antivirus.

I will try this :) and retry downloading your main client again :)

wish me luck :)

Offline Epica

• Old Player
oh yea, Norton will delete elementclient.exe for sure lol
happened to many other players :/

ok so after all my research (and a couple failed attempts i must Admit :/. i fear this pc (that my dad got for free that he admits is on its last leg i.e really old lol) might be the problem, but i wont give up xD) i have 1 last possible variable to take care of. i just want to know what the best download manager to use when download the EPW client.