Epic Perfect World

Skill balancing

Offline Méme

• Kanye
  • It's like boss loaf soaked in dude soup.
Yes I believe that I think that Venomancer Skills Needs to be weaker.

You never play Veno, do you? You just fight against one, or few. :)

His reply was one of sarcasm.

Sin needs a nerf too. Robb beat me 1 hand on his.

So is this one.  :-X

roses are red
violets are blue
omae wa mou shindeiru

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
Yes I believe that I think that Venomancer Skills Needs to be weaker.

Actually, it is hard enough for a Veno to be successful in PvP, leave them be. If anything I suggest nerfing all stunning skills by increasing their cooldown time by about three seconds or so. Don't jump down my throat for suggesting this because I'm not singling out a particular class, I'd like to see this put on every class.

I'm too lazy to go look for who said it and quote them but Sins are more balanced because of the 3.33 max aps on this server.
I'm only keeping this account open because of the memories I have on here, the good and the bad. I logged in just to change my account, and then I'm putting this dusty book back on the shelf.

Offline Tavern

• Old Player
His reply was one of sarcasm.

So is this one.  :-X

My first reply was sarcasm, the second one wasn't.

And to the other guy, it is possible to get 5.0 aps on sin with r8 gear.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
My first reply was sarcasm, the second one wasn't.

And to the other guy, it is possible to get 5.0 aps on sin with r8 gear.

Using the right genie skills they can 4.0, possibly even 5.0 with GoF daggers... as an arcane player it wouldn't be the first time that my character got killed without a charm tick before the sin was even visible on my screen. 2-10k a hit, 4aps, out of stealth, GG.

Offline Tavern

• Old Player
Using the right genie skills they can 4.0, possibly even 5.0 with GoF daggers... as an arcane player it wouldn't be the first time that my character got killed without a charm tick before the sin was even visible on my screen. 2-10k a hit, 4aps, out of stealth, GG.

All the rich sins are 4.0 base.

Offline kruze999

Actually, it is hard enough for a Veno to be successful in PvP, leave them be. If anything I suggest nerfing all stunning skills by increasing their cooldown time by about three seconds or so. Don't jump down my throat for suggesting this because I'm not singling out a particular class, I'd like to see this put on every class.

I'm too lazy to go look for who said it and quote them but Sins are more balanced because of the 3.33 max aps on this server.
Im not speaking out of my butt about nerfing that and boosting something else, im speaking about skill "balancing" pach developed by china devs that actually works great and not only pwi has it but most pservers are getting it.

Offline Animassacre

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: War
Dunno i really think we need more balance...
BTW not all rich sins are 4.00 base there are some 4.00 base sins who are just lucky with reshaping

Offline basher99

I don't remember all the specifics, but for wizards, I know that crown of flames got a big damage boost, and elemental invocation got a longer range, and shorter cooldown. Among other changes.

Some of the skill changes weren't only to balance between classes, but to also balance the skills more within each  class and cultivation.  To give a greater variety of useful skills.  I agree that some of the class vs class balance is already taken care of with the gear here.

Offline littlelupe

• Old Player
Once again, people who have an opinion on every topic and simply have to share it with everyone else, found a perfect topic.
i see everyone trying to push their own interest through, regardless of real issue here: balance. The balance is fine, bette than I have seen on pwi servers or any other private server.

Offline ThaPinky

• Wearing Straitjacket
  • IDK, IDC, doesn't have an sexual effect on my life
I don't remember all the specifics, but for wizards, I know that crown of flames got a big damage boost, and elemental invocation got a longer range, and shorter cooldown. Among other changes.

Some of the skill changes weren't only to balance between classes, but to also balance the skills more within each  class and cultivation.  To give a greater variety of useful skills.  I agree that some of the class vs class balance is already taken care of with the gear here.

Some DoT's get % from weapon damage +fixed instead of just fixed bonus which would make them more useful in term of doing damage.

Offline Xylophone

I bet if that patch comes there will be tons of complaining about insta sage EAs, because of the new sage Quickshot which adds 20% crits for 10seconds, giving sage EAs constantly 20% more crit rate as that skill has only 3 seconds cooldown and most sage EAs are insta cast or at least close to it.
Personally I would love to have that patch, since it adds zerks on Seeker magic skills and reduces the cooldown of Sacri Slash and QPQ, which makes it worth to play a dph Seeker and not run around like a sin w/o stealth and aps everything.

Offline ★Sensus

• GF Server
Im not speaking out of my butt about nerfing that and boosting something else, im speaking about skill "balancing" pach developed by china devs that actually works great and not only pwi has it but most pservers are getting it.
when ur 4.00 base ofc u can beat anything 1 handed lol

Offline _Baby_

• Fail Cleric
  • working on stuff
  • Characters: Gilda, Atla, DangerDoll, etc., etc.
  • Faction: TideTrash
It is just my opinion, but skill balancing is fail from the beginning. It is just too hard to balance the skills between races and classes. No one is going to be happy in the end. I say give us ungodly powers all and let us have at it :D
TACKLEHUGS Agatio :P

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
And again:
Classes ARE balanced.

The point IS NOT to be equal against EVERY class.

The point IS to give each class its predators and its victims
and have it around for every class.

Right now no class is stronger than EVERY other.
Every class can be beaten by some, and can beat some, a bit more often than average.

"Food chain" is well looped into "food circle".

~~~~~

Now back to the topic:

New "skill balancing patch" is only part of new patch in whole.

The Team is working hard, I bet they already test and adjust
version 1.4.6, including Nation Wars.

Sorry if I'm "spoiling nice surprise", but we already know you.
You are hard working, dedicated to keeping Epic fresh and up-to-date.
We will have EPW patched as soon as everything is well tested.
Last Edit: Apr 16, 2013, 02:56 pm by geriatrix
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline _Baby_

• Fail Cleric
  • working on stuff
  • Characters: Gilda, Atla, DangerDoll, etc., etc.
  • Faction: TideTrash
And again:
Classes ARE balanced.

The point IS NOT to be equal against EVERY class.

The point IS to give each class its predators and its victims
and have it around for every class.

Right now no class is stronger than EVERY other.
Every class can be beaten by some, and can beat some, a bit more often than average.

"Food chain" is well looped into "food circle".

~~~~~

Now back to the topic:

New "skill balancing patch" is only part of new patch in whole.

The Team is working hard, I bet they already test and adjust
version 1.4.6, including Nation Wars.

Sorry if I'm "spoiling nice surprise", but we already know you.
You are hard working, dedicated to keeping Epic fresh and up-to-date.
We will have EPW patched as soon as everything is well tested.

:O SPOILER ALERT :P