Epic Perfect World

How to play a barb.

Offline ★Sensus

• GF Server
So i was bored and i wanted to do something usefull for community for once since ppl brag about, how to play a barb so u won't fail. I saw alot alot of fail barbs and what i mean by fail is basicly not knowing what on the world are they doing. So what i wanted to do is explain to ppl builds,tactics, some secrets how to actualy roll anything with barb, i'll be even putting particular classes for 1v1ing and what to do against them. So let's start.

I'll start with builds. Alot of ppl play STR Barb which is common build from every posible 1.4 server u can find. It's a simple 84 DEX base builds with rest added in STR.

Pros:- Kills squishy targets easily (AA Clerics,MG's, can kill a veno with Fire Pill usage especialy if she's hybrid)
         -Strong Zerk crits actualy make ppl panic and use Absolute Domain/Expel/IG/Sutra Power/Pan Gu Essence so fast that they probably broke their own mouse and keyboard
         -It's nice for AA in pk (Assist Attacking for those who don't know)

Cons:- Can't kill HA Classes (BM's,Seekers,) exept for Barbs cuz Barbs can kill eachother quite easily no mather what ppl say about barb v barb take ages, honestly 1 mistake ur dead.
         - Low accuracy: Dependness of using Blood Bath
         - LA Classes can be a bit trouble: Well even tho they are papers they got freaking huge evasion and your 5k~ Accuracy won't hit everytime, If u can land Bestial Outslaught then u won't have that big of a trouble
         - VS Non APS classes u may run out of chi easily if ur not carefull, u can spam HP buff to regain some but that will include enemy dealing free dmg on u.

Also what i wanna input here is wearing full r8 for this build cuz of 25 atk lvl bonus, wear Dragon Poleaxe and maybe if u lucky get 0.10 int on your r8 Bracers would make it even more amazing. If u can't afford r8 FULL HA Dragon is your best friend. Add magic necklace and belt, Lunar Glade robe, 2 Might rings and  The Tender Slaves tome, takes some time to practice with it but it's really nice

Okay let's start with 2nd Build and that's famous APS build. So basicly APS build grants u spamming Demon Spark which is for some ppl quite noob thing to do but it's what aps barb does since they got full chi all the time if they manage to atk properly, APS barb uses 3 HA dragon and 2 LA dragon pieces of armor, granting it MAX APS and best potential. Weapons u might choose from as your main are Dragon Dual Edges or Dragon Claws. With edges u lose 0.05 int for more dmg and with claws u gain 0.05 int for less dmg, for personal preference i like Edges more cuz of their sexy attack animation (I love u Agatio for customising it so good). Ornaments both Magic neck and belt 2 might rings, lunar robe, tender slaves. I also prefer for parts u got LA adding r8 over them in certain situations, also getting DEF lvl r8 polehammer so u can tank. For stats i normaly run total of 228 DEX with full gear with Dual Edges, 298 DEX total with claws and what i also tryed and works really nice vs running classes is adding 400+ DEX for Demonic Bow (it rapes) makes your dmg a bit wimpy but fire pill will fix it

Pros: -Massive Chi Regain
         -Manages to 1 combo kill almost any class
         -Probably best 1v1 build for barbs ingame.
         -Fire pill makes huge dmg output when played properly.
Cons:-Really really reeeeeeally paper
         -Horribly genie dependant; u don't do anything w.o Occult Ice, u can't tank shit w.o Def lvl wep/Solid Shield
         -Get's 1 shotted or 1 combo'd by magic classes if u don't keep your guard up
         -1 Combo that is quite obvious and can be countered in many ways (Devour > Mighty Swing > Bestial > Switch to aps wep > Occult > Auto Attack)

For those 1st 2 builds i prefer being a Demon cuz Sage APS barb kinda sucks cuz no extra aps and no bonus crit, same stands for STR build

Last build is most famous and glamour build: a Catapuller. U know your roll: Last as long as posible, tank army of ppl, do as much as DMG as u can to enemy Crystal in TW. For this build right here i prefer using 2 Parts of r8 (Leggings for Bonus Elementat resist + X% and Bracers cuz i don't need INT) and 3 Parts of Dragon HA (Plate,Boots,Helm) also u wanna have EVERYTHING U ***ING CAN as Magic Defence (Necklace,Belt, BOTH Rings) otherwise prepare to die fast and wait for respawn seal to run off. Run Dragon Cape and 50 Vit tome which i totaly forgot the name about. Also preferably Sage is best cata since TON of HP and Ton of Defence.

Pros:-Tanks EVERYTHING there is on this planet
        -Huge survivability
        -Nice movement speed (some ppl say it doesn't matter but they are horribly wrong)
        -Massive HP

Cons:-It's not PK viable cuz u got no dmg
         -It's not 1v1 viable cuz u got no dmg
         -Takes a brain to master it vs 50+ ppl focusing u in TW.

Now that we done with builds let's jump to genies and utility
Zeal or Infliction = YOUR BEST FRIENDS. Build 100-120 STR in genie, 50 Magic and add everything else in Vit
Main skills:
-Solid Shield: #1 Barb skill, Reduces dmg taken by 35% base and stacks with your STR on genie and lasts longer for every 25 STR
-Occult Ice: your gonna be total dependant for this since u only got 1 stun u can use, nothing else, don't rely on Frighten stun too much or even 79 one which last 1 sec
-Tangling Mire: If u wanna actualy kill something that easily takes this, Reduces targets p def by a ton when combined with Devour, just amazing.
-Belief: U can't escape of any Stuns,Slows and other crap that ppl throw at u, + your Anti Stun lasts only 10 sec (Carefull BM's and Sins got 15 sec, full racist)
-Tree Of Protections: u wanna survive? 1 shot ppl with Perdi? (Arma) heres your pro skill, recovers hp every 3 seconds and also scales with STR
Optional Skills
-Soul of Fire: if u hate MG's so much, here's your solution, makes u immune to fire dmg for 7 seconds, pretty good eh?
-Absolute Domain: Not quite needed tbh, Belief is more usefull if not use Solid, if your solid is down Belief > IG will help, if both are down eh sry bud ur ***ed.
Whirlwind: Under powered version of Demon Tackling Slash, Freezes for 2 Seconds, and slows massivly after it, can help u vs running classes, use it if needed
-Heart of Steel: u wanna live vs Seeker and not get blown up in 1 metal combo? Here's your solution 7 sec immune to metal dmg
-Extreme Poison: really not necesary, a bit more dmg output, but burns genie quite fast
-Will Surge: i don't main will surge cuz i honestly never 1v1 Psy's and never even focus them in PK, but u can try it if they give u headache

Alright that's all from me, my hands hurt really aw. For any further questions pm me ingame when im online. Less QQ more PewPew and let's roll  :smiley:

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
nice one, hope to see you registering on our 1on1 Daily PvP Event  :-\

Offline ★Sensus

• GF Server
i will if i get bored enough ^^

Offline Rikigaru

ARMAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Offline Moneymaker

Awesome thread , however being an experienced barb for nearly 5-6 years , id have to disagree with you when you call the 79 stun skill useless, thats complete ignorance^^

that skill is much more than just a 1 second stun ,
1 as it is most people know barbs only have 1 stun skill , so once stunned they feel safe , however you then time it right and they are stunned again , any skills they were usuing wont work and would frustrate a player , giving you an advantage

2. not only can it be used as a confusion tactic , however it also gives just enough time for you to hit Mighty swing again so you can use it quite efficiently

Offline ★Sensus

• GF Server
Awesome thread , however being an experienced barb for nearly 5-6 years , id have to disagree with you when you call the 79 stun skill useless, thats complete ignorance^^

that skill is much more than just a 1 second stun ,
1 as it is most people know barbs only have 1 stun skill , so once stunned they feel safe , however you then time it right and they are stunned again , any skills they were usuing wont work and would frustrate a player , giving you an advantage

2. not only can it be used as a confusion tactic , however it also gives just enough time for you to hit Mighty swing again so you can use it quite efficiently

i call 79 skill useless when it comes to 1v1, i mean the disrupt is nice to chain mighty swing but because of the cooldown u can't relay on it

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
Pretty much summed up the Class. props for sharing.
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline OldJack

• Beginner

TeaBag

wut m8 cant kill HA classes?!?! LOL Learn to play better if u can't, besides that this is also missing a few other things. Anti stun pills vs wrs. Fire pills plis on fails use em jajaja. Besides that Base dex for a barb shud be about 400. Rest str, dont put in vit it's useless. I'm best barb l33t rest noob reroll plis

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
wut m8 cant kill HA classes?!?! LOL Learn to play better if u can't, besides that this is also missing a few other things. Anti stun pills vs wrs. Fire pills plis on fails use em jajaja. Besides that Base dex for a barb shud be about 400. Rest str, dont put in vit it's useless. I'm best barb l33t rest noob reroll plis

400 dex. wow
RETIRED BARB

Offline Aposeydon

• ded gaem
  • Never underestimate the power of weaponized autism
  • Characters: Gazarath, Eicca
Excuse me while I go laugh at you behind the corner.

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
  • I am the ocean of the Universe.
  • Characters: Xcution, Skyscream
  • Faction: IceLotus

Im not a barb, but FOR WHAT HECK do barbs need 400 DEX???Its sin/archer build, barbs need STR for dmg/equips and VIT for hp/survivability. If you wanna make crit hit, make sin rofl.

TeaBag

^ obviously 2 people who don't know what a dex built barb is. I have 400 based dex, 589 str my attack is close physical attack is 28k - 48k. Sure if I wanted more attack I could put more in str, but I don't want too. Dex barb does spiked damage. Plus dex barb vs a str barb, str barb would miss some on a dex barb while a dex barb probably won't miss at all on a str barb. Learn to play the class, clearly you 2 are from pwi I take it. Haha.

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
^ obviously 2 people who don't know what a dex built barb is. I have 400 based dex, 589 str my attack is close physical attack is 28k - 48k. Sure if I wanted more attack I could put more in str, but I don't want too. Dex barb does spiked damage. Plus dex barb vs a str barb, str barb would miss some on a dex barb while a dex barb probably won't miss at all on a str barb. Learn to play the class, clearly you 2 are from pwi I take it. Haha.

i've tried this actually. and it was a bit sweet like you said.
Barbs kill by debuffing opponent and DD (occult+ barb stun/freeze) so whatever build we do as long as we do that we are good. think  builds are really about what suits our play style and gear the most.
RETIRED BARB

Fappysaurus

Everyone has their own opinion on builds and how to play a class, I think it's best we just leave them alone. Fail or not gaming is, in reality, supposed to be for fun and trying out different things. If they want to go for a build like this let them, don't judge.