Epic Perfect World

Barb r8

TeaBag

Barbs suck on this server. We're a tank class but also a DD class and I've seen a lot of barbs on this server get dropped quite fast. Our magical defense is horrible.

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
Barbs suck on this server. We're a tank class but also a DD class and I've seen a lot of barbs on this server get dropped quite fast. Our magical defense is horrible.

Barbs are a melee class, they are supposed to have lower magic defense than arcane classes.

I'm only keeping this account open because of the memories I have on here, the good and the bad. I logged in just to change my account, and then I'm putting this dusty book back on the shelf.

Offline Fab

• Forum Veteran

So you want to be tanky AND be able to DD, you're asking too much. PW is a game based on balance, so if you want something, you have to sacrifice something, you'll never have both, so either go Str build or Vit build.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I find that a skilled barb is one of the most dangerous and hard to beat opponents in this game. I really don't think they need any sort of boost. Pure vit defensively geared barbs are almost impossible to kill if they use their genie right and pure str barbs can kill me as fast as any sin while still having solid shield & lots of HP.  (Though the str ones are quite squishy compared.) Claiming barbs suck as a class is simply not true, with r8r and the option to use magic defense  rings & ornaments their mdef can get quite high.

I do agree though that the way wizards kill barbs in seconds is rather bad. Though this has more to do with the ridiculous damage output of firecombo than anything related to barbs or other classes. A wizard can drop arcanes with that just as easy as a barb.

Offline SeemsLegit

Well, I have to agree with Deno. The +3% crit chance, is relativity useless imo  :-X
I'd personally suggest something like, +# STR, which can be changed into VIT if you're full r8 (R8 Doesn't have a stat req, least mine doesn't) So it's still usefull, for both STR and VIT  builds. vice versa if it was +20 vit.
OR I like the +5% max HP suggestion, that's nice aswell. Maybe even a +%Phys/Magic reduction? but that's kinda asking a bit too much, saying how you could change the orns into mag/phys (WHICH MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE IMO) but yeah. This is something the GM's should definitively  look into. xD
                                                                                                                          - Grim  :tiger-1:
P.S. Hey Deno \o
Grim - barb
SeemsLegit - bm
Hiya guys just here to give my opinion on this i do agree and made a post a few weeks ago about barbs R8R bonus. 3% crit is just pretty much useless imo i dont agree with people saying that vit barbs dont hit hard or str die to fast its simple u make a desicion to be one of the two if u wanna kill go str if u wanna tank go vit ull be able to survive depending on how well u play the class. if you want to trade def/hp for more DD like someone said before its just useless. why would u want to take the purpose of a class away, a barb is ment for tanking in TW not DDing if you wanna DD or what ever then barb aint for you go make a wizzy, sin, bm something else that can DD just dont ask to exchange barbs hp/def for more DD cuz u want it that way ull make pretty much barbs useless if u do so and take the purpose of the class away by doing that.

Offline Aujami

• Old Player
i don't know why people keep saying DD barb tank barb blah blah blah this thread about 3rd r8r bonus (3% crit).
it has nothing to do with wiz doing more dmg or sin QQing cant kill a barb in 1vs1. back to topic i do agree 3% crit does not help both cases STR barb and Vit barb. what i would suggest for 3rd R8r is 3-5 Def Level in my openion that will give lil bit of def will help pure cata build to survive more and will help STR barb live longer and not get squished easy. i think this add will fullfill the meaning of the class as being a TANK.

dickroman

I find that a skilled barb is one of the most dangerous and hard to beat opponents in this game. I really don't think they need any sort of boost. Pure vit defensively geared barbs are almost impossible to kill if they use their genie right and pure str barbs can kill me as fast as any sin while still having solid shield & lots of HP.  (Though the str ones are quite squishy compared.) Claiming barbs suck as a class is simply not true, with r8r and the option to use magic defense  rings & ornaments their mdef can get quite high.

I do agree though that the way wizards kill barbs in seconds is rather bad. Though this has more to do with the ridiculous damage output of firecombo than anything related to barbs or other classes. A wizard can drop arcanes with that just as easy as a barb.

i gib away my spark to get back channeling runes and channelingadd on r8

Hei

Oh god... just give them 40 str instead of 3crit so they stop QQing in this thread...

Offline Hec

Only thing what i would chenge abaut all that is price for recasting R8 gear...so ppl can swiching stats more offen and less time spending colecting EC for recasting...better gear = more op = more fights = more fun
Wizzy + rest Magic class even archers = chanel + magic or some resistance but basicly easy to get
From another side BM/Barb/Sin = dissaster...need picking on int gear even if u get x1 ur still slow bcz -0.5 nothing special...same going for "Leggins" where is suposed to get some elemental resistance is almost imposible to acomplish since even if u get its to low basicly days and days going recasting and that is not anymore fun...more its depresing and tbh we all are here to have some fun and enjoy a bit game whitout thinking to much abaut "so hard work on normal servers"...at last i would chenge there "No double int...but if u get it be -10 not -5...and same going for elemental resistance...if u get it somehow then let it be 10%"
Basicly was watching how barb tanking Wizzy untill Invoke is On...after invoke off he got nuked like is nothing...well lets just say when he do that to barb what gonna heppend to rest of HA gear users (except seekers with their high deff lvl...but even they are so much nerfed due high deff lvl and resistance and low demage)
Last Edit: Apr 27, 2013, 06:44 am by Hec

Offline ★Sensus

• GF Server
Hmm, when WT bring it out now i was really impressed cuz i see how much ppl cry that barbs are op. Yeh when it comes to dmg vs HA classes our dmg comes from the Fire Pill,Blood Rush,Spark and Debuffing, we are pretty damn much shit without those, and when u look at sins i aggree they are papers but barbs can't do much for 1st 30 seconds and after when sin uses his anti stun they can pray for lucky purge from 100 skill. Arma in 1.3 was something what barb has been played, in most of the servers Arma was 10 dmg per 1 hp and mana which was key to take out anything exept other barb or a bm, now that is back on 4 hp it can barely 1 shot anything with tree of protection and tang mire in mass pk cuz of full buffs and in 1v1 no one's gonna use it unless u wanna risk putting enemy on 50% hp and then finish him with arma (that's smart play vs Psy's that don't know what they doing if u don't like wasteing genie). Skilled barbs today spam Demon Fury like crazy, it's our only tool we can use, we don't have Mastery for Claws/Fists/Edges so we have no other choice we are simply 75% dmg weaker then WR's and Seekers but the good thing to that is that barbs can have DEX req for their wep and don't need to depend on their accuracy cuz of Blood Bath. On other servers ppl can play Arma barbs like in PWV, overthere arma barbs rape any AA/LA class with massive hp that they gain (for lvl 105 full vit has almost more hp then i have in aps build for 150 and armors have less defence then g18). Basicly there could be few things good added to a barbs 3 status:

X% HP - good for cata barbs(i mean amazing) since towers today in TW hit hardcore u can die with Invoke on  yourself if everyone focus u together with burst turrets

X-X% Magic def - makes them less squishy to magic classes when u look that with magic rings barbs lose more then they gain with might rings, for example u gain 40 magic which is TOTALLY useless compared to 40 dex (not counting engraves), u gain 2.5~k magic def which is a profit and again u lose hp cuz u gotta add more dex to wear gear.

0.05 INT - now this is the point for ppl that like STR barbs, i honestly don't agree too much with this cuz if u get 0.10 bracers it's like u have 3x int bracers like that Bacla something guy, would make STR barbs unkillable cuz of their dmg so i don't think that would work so much but i'll post it anyway

So yea GM's think about this. Ppl say barbs are op when they die vs them, and when they try to play a barb most of the time they suck with it, no mather how easy is to play a barb u need to think fast about your decisions u do in mass pk and 1v1's so don't think at easy played class especialy the ones that play sins, cuz basicly any1 can roll ppl in pk with Sin (Played Sensus's sin for 2 days for 1st time in my life as APS sin and got like 100+ hours in pk and even more then 50-60 kills a day).

Offline lloyd0000

• HeadBusta
Only thing what i would chenge abaut all that is price for recasting R8 gear...so ppl can swiching stats more offen and less time spending colecting EC for recasting...better gear = more op = more fights = more fun
Wizzy + rest Magic class even archers = chanel + magic or some resistance but basicly easy to get
From another side BM/Barb/Sin = dissaster...need picking on int gear even if u get x1 ur still slow bcz -0.5 nothing special...same going for "Leggins" where is suposed to get some elemental resistance is almost imposible to acomplish since even if u get its to low basicly days and days going recasting and that is not anymore fun...more its depresing and tbh we all are here to have some fun and enjoy a bit game whitout thinking to much abaut "so hard work on normal servers"...at last i would chenge there "No double int...but if u get it be -10 not -5...and same going for elemental resistance...if u get it somehow then let it be 10%"
Basicly was watching how barb tanking Wizzy untill Invoke is On...after invoke off he got nuked like is nothing...well lets just say when he do that to barb what gonna heppend to rest of HA gear users (except seekers with their high deff lvl...but even they are so much nerfed due high deff lvl and resistance and low demage)

RIGHT! the most fun ive had was getting to 150, since then its been quite a BORE sitting on NS farming ec/ppl rushing after an even that pays me maybe 10 ec.. its gettign really old--- but now onto the subject or gear:

there should be a higher  chance to get the reduce magic dmg taken by X%, like specified groupings of enhancements for each type of armor, chest, legs(my fav: pantaloons) wrists and boots. Now that wouldnt be hard to do.
Sensei_StFu-150 sage BM
HeadBusta-148 Barbie with a Slap a Hoe issue
StonerBob-150 demon wizzie
PureTalent- 110 sin noob as frig buff bot
Dolla4Holla- 147 demon 80 chan  arch

TeaBag

So you want to be tanky AND be able to DD, you're asking too much. PW is a game based on balance, so if you want something, you have to sacrifice something, you'll never have both, so either go Str build or Vit build.

If you wanna talk about balance, than lets go ahead and balance venos then. Barbs on this server aren't tanky. A few good ones are but that's about it. Barbs hp means nothing if they can be dropped in seconds.

Barbs are a melee class, they are supposed to have lower magic defense than arcane classes.

I know this. I wasn't saying that barbs should have the same magical defense as acrane classes, I'm simply saying that barbs magical defense on this server is horrible. It is a lot of barbs will agree with me, sure genie spark and fire combo is something that is hard for any class to tank. I don't have a problem with that because I know most mgs that use that combo suck at their class and are easy to kill. I'm just simply pointing out that barbs need a little more magical defense. Why should a barb have to sacrifice his strength to vit just to survive, that's stupid. Y'all say we're qqing but we're just pointing out facts. To the topic I think gms should add some more elemental defense to barbs R8.

Offline Abis

• God Slayer LvL 152
  • Not in Game for a million years!
  • Characters: Abis and more
  • Faction: DarkArms 卐
If you wanna talk about balance, than lets go ahead and balance venos then. Barbs on this server aren't tanky. A few good ones are but that's about it. Barbs hp means nothing if they can be dropped in seconds.

i think barb's def is already good since they hit high vs AA class, and Barb has solid shield and other genie skill to survive so they don't need more Magic Defense.
~I'm Leader~
LVL 152 R8 Psy/Sin/Wiz/Barb/Seeker/Veno/Archer/BM/Mystic 
My Shop | Youtube

Offline Kallipsoo

• the harder the come the harder they fall !!!!!
well what i read  so far  i think they all have it wrong, all toons r easy to play and kill if u know how to play ...
anyways for barbs , u need to think fast  even if they r easy to play.. i play sin, archer, cleric, Bm, and barb . im not that easy to kill on any one of them .. i have played against  some barb who knows how to play and i have a hell to kill him . once u know how to play  a barb it's not that easy for a barb to be killed .

Joy & Madness of the World