Epic Perfect World

Poor Decision.

dorothyerika

cevans1290

guy had to make new one because other GM said they wont do anything about it :/
well, GM only closed because the bunch of ya were disagreeing and all of ya were arguing, but i do agree Sandy should count that as a warning, give the tome back and say sorry :)

Offline ShroomBR

• Potatoes United
  • Vc e br!?

Cupcake<3

dorothyerika

;) I know you would.Lol

Offline Akuko

Because it's a game, not IRL.

Some people payed RL money for those items, while i agree with you in that ist foolish to loan anyone your things.  Its been clearly shown at least one of these scammers has done so with the intent to scam, that have just been given a big pat on the back by epw "gg mate well done".

Everyone see your point, its dumb to loan ur stuff out, cant u see our point that even attempting to scam another player should not be tolerated?

Offline ShroomBR

• Potatoes United
  • Vc e br!?
Some people payed RL money for those items, while i agree with you in that ist foolish to loan anyone your things.  Its been clearly shown at least one of these scammers has done so with the intent to scam, that have just been given a big pat on the back by epw "gg mate well done".

Everyone see your point, its dumb to loan ur stuff out, cant u see our point that even attempting to scam another player should not be tolerated?

So did I.

Cupcake<3

Offline ShroomBR

• Potatoes United
  • Vc e br!?
;) I know you would.Lol

Oh yes, I would! Again and again, and again...

Cupcake<3

Offline Shay

• Forum Veteran
  • Shhh... I'm hiding from negative people
That's exactly why you can tell others in the community about the scammer and what they did to you. Then it becomes other peoples choice if they wanna put themselves in that bad situation. Like I said before I know it sucks but think of this like real life. Say I LENT you some money, and you decided you didn't wanna give it back. What would I do? Report you to the cops? Where would that give me when I willingly gave you that money of my own free will. At the end of the day I would probably think to myself. "Hm maybe I shouldn't trust random people on the internet who act nice to me." All I'm trying to say is seriously, think hard about what you do before you do it.

You can take people to court who refuse to give back your loaned things. They will order the "thief" to give back the item or face other consequences.  To bad we don't have a judge here on epw who can do the same.

Offline Akuko

Oh god, alot of these threads lately. Look, we do care about scammers, hence why we have a red chat that clearly WARNS you about them. But at the end of the day, you guys were the ones who decided to trust some one you hardly knew or hey maybe you were even friends, regardless you made the decision to trust someone with YOUR things. Maybe you guys should all really get to know someone or maybe just not let people use your things if you are worried about being scammed in game. If it was account hacking or something like that, then yes we would help and deal with it and punish them. But honestly, you guys put yourself in these situations and I know it sucks but... maybe you should rethink the actions you take for future reference. :normal-43:

carbon copy support?

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk

You can take people to court who refuse to give back your loaned things. They will order the "thief" to give back the item of face other consequences.  To bad we don't have a judge here on epw who can do the same.

+1
I'm only keeping this account open because of the memories I have on here, the good and the bad. I logged in just to change my account, and then I'm putting this dusty book back on the shelf.

Offline Coffee

• Retired Staff Member
  • is adorable. ❤
The way I see it is, the scammer get punished by getting a horrible reputation in the community with everyone now knowing that they have done and might try to do in the future, making it harder for finding guilds, sales, and people that would ever trust him/her. And the person scammed learns a mini internet life lesson, to not just trust someone they hardly know. So unless it's account scamming or something else in the legitimate rules, not going to ban someone when that person did not forcibly make the other person give them items.

Once again I direct to this. You may not all agree with it. But honestly you should all be grown enough to know not to give out your toys to people you don't know anything about. We can't hold everyone's hand everytime they made a mistake. We can however allow you guys to post on the forums or even wc about scammers and there names so you can warn your fellow players and do something yourself. Closing this topic now and I would hope there is not another one made to get a last word.

You can take people to court who refuse to give back your loaned things. They will order the "thief" to give back the item of face other consequences.  To bad we don't have a judge here on epw who can do the same.

Also, not sure where you are from, but 95% of the time people LEND something to someone freely the authorities would not be like, "Oh so you made an oopsie and we should take that person to jail and give you your stuff back." Pretty sure that only counts if you SOLD something to someone and they tricked you and did not pay the amount or full amount. Atleast that's how it works where I am from.