Epic Perfect World

R8 Refine Story

Offline Wibex

Hello fellow EPW players,

I'd like to tell you a story how I refined my R8 weapon to get attack levels.

Since I'm factionless and always was this way, the only way for me to get ECs was to farm GV and do BHs which I did for a bit more than a year now. As a result, according to my calculations today I've hit the mark of 35 THIRTY FIVE THOUSANDS of ECs spent on R8 Weapon refine alone. Not a single time I got ATK level as my first stat, GMs pull up my log to confirm it if interested.

Now, I'm not a quiter but at this point I just don't know what to do, pretty much one year of my leisure time I spent on two mindless and repetitive activities GV and BH, hundreds if not thousands of them, so I could get precious ECs, run to the forges just to be disappointed once again.

In fact, I think script for refine is not random at all, I think it is made to mess with you, just a few days ago I refined 4 times in one day and guess what?  I got DEF level as a first stat 4 times in a row!!!

I've tried everything, reshaped at a certain time, reshaped once a day, I did all you can think of, and yet no luck.

At this point I'm greatly confused, I had to vent somewhere.

What would you do if you were me? (Joining faction to attain more means of getting EC and cashshoping is not an option) Any advice for me? What would you do?

P.S. If you advise to murder people irl who wrote scripts for R8 reshapes I might actually take it seriously and start plotting, so don't  :P

Offline Balnazar

• Godfather of Worms
  • I be back m8
  • Characters: Balnazar
  • Faction: Worms
Well, you can always keep trying and hope that "someday" you might get good stats! I atleast tell myself that every time I reforge my gear! :D
I know how disappointing it can be, but, keep trying I would say! :)
Hope for the best!
Agatio, EvilTouch, Alexypk, Magestic, Chocolate, Dream and Suns were all slain by Balnazar. Keeping scores?

Offline Shay

• Forum Veteran
  • Shhh... I'm hiding from negative people
I spent so many ec's and my gear stats are totally useless. They say it's all in "luck", well I'm SOL,
I have no luck. ( lol )
It's like trying to win the lottery, disappointment after disappointment.
The element of surprise awaits us.. ;)

Offline Kirasath

The more I reshape my r8 gears the more I believe in random not being so random.I have got the rare (0.79 %) phy and mag defense on both my armor and leggings from the first try but had to reshape my boots like 30times in order to get one single resistance (8.15%).

Offline Therras

• Papi.
Well, I got 3x attack lvls stats on my first reforge (LOL) +30 attack lvls, and since i am a sin... I reshaped for gof (LOL).

Well about your weapon, I recomend you to get a new one or try reshaping while flying (It works for me to get epic stats). Try reshaping followed times. Id say with 1.5K ec is more than enough to get you attack levels.

If this still doesnt work, then RQ your current char and make a new one.

God luck because I believe you will need it, and Agatio bless you.

Offline Tavern

• Old Player
Unlucky.

I think I spent 15k on getting my set, which is almost perfect, then another 10k on trying to get the last perfect stats but no luck :d

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
I spent 1k and got +23 attack levels on my wizzie's weapon.  As much as I'd love to aim for those last 7 levels, 23 is nothing to scoff at. 

On the other hand, Mikau's r8r pants got dex x2 on it...it took at least 2k EC' worth and nothing but +magic to get there. 

R8r is just there to either bless you or troll the shit outta you.  I got dex x2 on Mikau's top (I re-rolled -int ones to do that, dumb? Eh possibly--some sins spend 25k to get a single -int add).  The last stat? Magic +11.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Kaleidoscope

• Tangle was here ♥
  • Surge was here ♥
I don't understand why joining a faction isn't an option for you. <_< Does this mean you're opposed to making your own and doing trials for EC?

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
I don't understand why joining a faction isn't an option for you. <_< Does this mean you're opposed to making your own and doing trials for EC?

Either that, or too cheap to make a faction base.  Actually, I dunno how much it costs myself, but I plan on getting at least one more char r8r, so I'm SERIOUSLY considering it.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline burning

1.This serv unbalanced like hell
2.Man Just leave this stupid serv while u have to farm like hell or donate for new Agatio car to get good stats at urs gear
3.Find Private server with easy farm, not bad balanced, good stuff(not 24/7 work for donate only)
4.Play for fun

Offline Kaleidoscope

• Tangle was here ♥
  • Surge was here ♥
Either that, or too cheap to make a faction base.  Actually, I dunno how much it costs myself, but I plan on getting at least one more char r8r, so I'm SERIOUSLY considering it.

500 EC
500 Subs
200 WS emblems
20 10 mil big notes

So, it's expensive, but it's very well worth it. Again, completing all three rounds of trials(You can complete all 9 three times a week) averages between 6-9k ec payout.

Offline Sirana

500 EC
500 Subs
200 WS emblems
20 10 mil big notes

So, it's expensive, but it's very well worth it. Again, completing all three rounds of trials(You can complete all 9 three times a week) averages between 6-9k ec payout.

Is the payout, per person that does the trials or not?

Offline Kaleidoscope

• Tangle was here ♥
  • Surge was here ♥
Is the payout, per person that does the trials or not?

No, that's the overall payout. So if you want more EC, stick to soloing or duoing.

Offline Tavern

• Old Player
1.This serv unbalanced like hell
2.Man Just leave this stupid serv while u have to farm like hell or donate for new Agatio car to get good stats at urs gear
3.Find Private server with easy farm, not bad balanced, good stuff(not 24/7 work for donate only)
4.Play for fun

Full BR, never learned to PVE.

Quote from: Brash
500 EC
500 Subs
200 WS emblems
20 10 mil big notes

So, it's expensive, but it's very well worth it. Again, completing all rounds of trials(You can complete all 9 three times a week) averages between 6-9k ec payout.

To correct this, when u are soloing or duoing you can only really do all 9 once a week, as the second time the mobs and bosses has 50% more hp, making trial 7 almost impossible.
And I think most casuals doesn't have enough time to do more than 1 a week anyway, tho if you do its best if you just make another guild, I myself have 3 factions with bases.