Epic Perfect World

Since things are being nerfed, here's a few other things to add to the list.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
EA 2.00 aps? That's a laugh, seeing as how I'm an EA and I have great gear by the majorities standard and my APs full R8R is .87. If I have int on my boots and bow I'd be up to 1.00ap or around there, but not 2.00 aps.

Genieskill + aps-r8r + dragon bow = hax atklvl + high aps -> instant-charmbypass on any arcane.

soo a veno, has the ability to .. not only purge,, but heavily AMP the damage your opponent takes, and you still want to compare the damage output with other classes ?  i mean.. sure if u wanna hit the same as other classes, give my psy the ability to purge and amp the same as a veno, give veno black and white vodoo too whiile we're at it.. etc, etc. ..  ;o that way.. we all equal ;o all class can do the same thing ;o no more QQ, and narrow minded comparisons.

and as for the TO, as much as i love Feone, (even though he lost our child), .... i agree with most of what he has said, except for the fact. that has already been brought up by Brash. ... The owl's not the only thing one would be fighting against..  combined with the venomancer's own damage/stun/debuff/annoying morai skills and what not .. it IS a tad bit too OP of a combination.... (as if fighting Feone before the owl, wasn't hard enough already. lol

just my 2 cents ;o

It's true venos can heavily amp but a veno, even after applying amplify damage & the demon veno wood-debuff still hits lower than just about any other arcane.

Psy's with r8r often hit me up to 8-9k noncrits without any debuffs, with full debuffs, including the nova 2spark skill I don t hit them that high.
Wizards... hit even  harder. Fire combo = instant 15k noncrits and regular attacks are easily 5-9k a hit.
Mystics... 15k+, nonstop, every single absorb-soul attack.
Cleric.. poor clerics not good at killing at all.

Add to that that veno's have very little defensive options without immediately having to resort to using so much chi that offensive combos are no longer an option.

Yea, the bleed needs a nerf, its a bit too much. But the pet damage itself doesnt. It's regular attacks are fine. All it needs is for that bleed damage to be cut in half. Then the individual bleeds don't deal so much damage anymore and everything will be as it was. Godmode for psy & mystic fighting venos and near-impossible odds against wizards.

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
Nothing else would be changed, for egoistic reasons.

I guess venos had that 1-week moment of fame. Back to being support.

Now tell me who deserves to be supported with such attitude???

~~~~~

Yes, Veno's pet can do ridiculous damage. You can laugh when it tickles you.

Some other classes should also get their bleeding skills nerfed by the same 90%.

~~~~~

All nerfing is politics, where mother's sons/daughters try to make every class weaker
than the one they like to play and don't exactly know how.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline LumpySpacePrincess

• Bitches Now Adays Be like Team LightSkin
i agree with him i dont see why the veno pet should be nerfed..i would say leave the pet as is because people are jsut QQing about the pet's bleed dmg combined with the demon ironwood scarab for the 20% chance of droppin their pdef to 0...the veno is a class thats suppose to solo everything NOT ONLY SUPPORT! if you people do not remember that so do not try to Submit the veno to being 100% support because like all classes have their own individual purposes the veno does as well.this will be messing with the class and there by will make the venos even weaker as for the "blessing" that was givevn to the mystics and venos it doesnt do SQUAT for them literally the blesssing sucks it doesnt add but a small amount to their pdef which doesnt help them for shit in PVP veno against meele or archer who is gonna win? the archers can kill venos like nothing within 3-4hits as for the pet i teste dthe dmg with bleed and all it isnt something to QQ about its just when it comes down to it u either pot or use w/e the hell u got that can make u imune to bleed if not then suck it up because u will bleed to death then the attack does 5-7k not no 66k those lies and fairytales honey boo boo.nerfing the pet for the chance that it makes the Venomancer shine is kind of idiotic in my opinion id say let it be because each class is OP in their own way and besides theres the fact you've nerfed almost half the classes in the game
If that shit aint cute, put that bitch on mute!
http://i50.tinypic.com/i3ihvq.jpg

dickroman

Veno pet maybe got op bleed but for op bleed veno needs all kind of debuffs to proc... And what some ppl dont get is that pet is not veno, therefor, aa class can also 2-3shot it. Now when pet is dead, where is ur op veno? My opinion is that veno can keep owl with alll dmg on it cuz revive is too slow to get pet back, and also there is no much time to heal while veno has to get al debuffs on.. Idk why so much qqing for nothing

Offline Rikou

• More Tea Vicar?
A sin hitting an HA for 14-15k Crit + GOF + R8R + COD is pretty op.
Rikou [Sin] 150
Solaris [EP] 150
Boss [Psy] 150
Fiero [Ma] 150
Draco [EA] 150
BlowMe [Seek] 13x

Offline littlelupe

• Old Player
In these kind of posts people keep writing random stuff that is not even close to truth. I wish a sin for example, actually had 4 aps (in my opinion it should because aps is sin`s domain). Easily dealing 4k dmg would be a nice thing, but it does not happen, unofrtunately. My sin can not kill anyone with buffs fast enough in TWs, Mass pk sins are useless (that is in most of the game actually). When  a sin unstealths himself in TW, he is a fast kill. To reducing sins dmg to absolute minimum isn`t good and fair. In my opinion (haven`t played a psychic on this server though) psychic should get his dmg raised aswell. It is silly that an ea hits harder with mdmg than a psychic. Clerics have too much mana and pdef- puts the game off-balance in mass pk (cleric can tank for mins and give too big advantage to the squad he is in).
The rest seems fine to me- veno pet  can be killed within 2-3 secs so where is the problem?
p.S. Adding mana a. p.def  for clerics makes it "more balanced" in a 1 vs 1 but totally puts a mass pvp off-balance. Same with making sins weak and giving them no r8 dmg and  real max ap 3.33- everything becomes calculable, no real surprise kill possible, game becomes dull- numbers always win etc. , adding chanelling for eas makes them use m.att instead of p.att, which changes the nature of the game aswell.
Thank you.
Last Edit: Mar 29, 2013, 06:48 am by littlelupe

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
In these kind of posts people keep writing random stuff that is not even close to truth. I wish a sin for example, actually had 4 aps (in my opinion it should because aps is sin`s domain). Easily dealing 4k dmg would be a nice thing, but it does not happen, unofrtunately. My sin can not kill anyone with buffs fast enough in TWs, Mass pk sins are useless (that is in most of the game actually). When  a sin unstealths himself in TW, he is a fast kill. To reducing sins dmg to absolute minimum isn`t good and fair. In my opinion (haven`t played a psychic on this server though) psychic should get his dmg raised aswell. It is silly that an ea hits harder with mdmg than a psychic. Clerics have too much mana and pdef- puts the game off-balance in mass pk (cleric can tank for mins and give too big advantage to the squad he is in).
The rest seems fine to me- veno pet  can be killed within 2-3 secs so where is the problem?
p.S. Adding mana a. p.def  for clerics makes it "more balanced" in a 1 vs 1 but totally puts a mass pvp off-balance. Same with making sins weak and giving them no r8 dmg and  real max ap 3.33- everything becomes calculable, no real surprise kill possible, game becomes dull- numbers always win etc. , adding chanelling for eas makes them use m.att instead of p.att, which changes the nature of the game aswell.
Thank you.

No offense, but you are the one not making all that much sense here.  I really don't see what the damage of a sin against a fully buffed target has to do with anything here. Of course a fully buffed target is hard to kill...
Sins are also not limitted to 3.33. Using the right genie skills I've seen GoF r8r dagger sins hit 4.0 or even 5.0 (bit hard to tell which, seeing as you have about 0.5 second to hit a defense skill before you drop dead from a charm-bypassing instant-kill.) That being said. If you don't know how to play a sin past random 3sparks or apsing stuff with no plan whatsoever... yea, you're an easy kill.

Psy...damage....weak? I'm sorry, is your psy level 120 trying to pk level 150's? R8R psy's hit like a truck with their ~100 attacklevels, if not more.   

Ea's being OP is a whole different issue, though I think it's more R8R amplifying the strong points of some classes too much rather than the class itself.

Clerics.. Yea.. not the best killing class. Of course they rock in mass pvp, it's their entire strong point. Keeping things alive. This is not something you can change without just making the entire class obsolete. PW is based on the healers, tanks & DD's mindset. People with healer will always beat people without. You could delete the healer altogether to prevent this but in the end the cleric isn't all that great in 1v1 (takes forever) or for killing in general. Clerics are support. Groups with strong support will beat groups without strong support. If you don't like this game model you might like Guild Wars 2. They went to fairly great lengths to cut the cleric in pieces and feed tiny bits of it to each class.

Offline Therras

• Papi.
Since the latest thing everyone seems to agree on is how OP the owl pet is I thought i'd add a short list of things that, by the same logic, should also be nerfed.

Bleed on the owl: Hits for ~3-5k a hit normally, on an arcane.  Using a 20% chance demon ironwood debuff it's damage goes to ~10-15k. This debuff costs chi and has a low chance add to that the (short) cooldown on bleed.
This is OP as appearently most people agree. Now, let's accept these numbers as OP and list a few things that should also be nerfed.

Mystic: Absorb soul. Easily hits arcanes for 10-15k, no debuffs required. Ignores any and all defensive skills and buffs other than ironguards/AD.  Wew. Oh, did I mention this attack will 1shot any pet?

R8R EA. Can get to near or even over 2.0 with a bow. Easily hits arcanes for 4-10k a hit. Let's do the math on this. Since we're in the business of worst case we'll go with 10k a hit, 2 aps. 20k damage a second. This works out to 60k damage in 3 seconds.
Bleed hits once every 3 seconds.  Uh oh.. EA regular attack damage is over three times higher with no 20% chance or any sort of cost? Obviously we should reduce the EA damage by the ~90% people ask for the pets.

Sins. Easily deal 4k a hit out of stealth. 4aps.  16kdmg/second. 48k dmg/3 seconds. Way worse than anything the pet does. This is not even counting DPH hits dealing over 30k.

Wizard Firecombo. Reduce fire def to 0, nuke just about anything in seconds, often 1shot on LA classes, 10k+ hits on AA. Just part of the game no? Guess this "it's part of the game" doesn't apply to venos.

Maybe people should use a defensive skill (there are several anti-bleed or anti-physical or regular anti-debuff/damage skills that will block it) as the bleed is applied. Instead of popping their antistun-ironguards at 1k hp and then get killed by the last bleed tick. Oh nah screw it, let's just QQ to the GM's and get it nerfed.
Sin deals 4k out of stealth?? what  do you do in pk?? nothing but watch how fast the sin hits on you?? Gurl, as you are unhappy with this new nerf, so was I when they nerfed sins speed after spending so much ec trying to get at least 2x int, and not only me, a lot of more sins. So stop complaining and get over it.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
In that owl thread,  I only said the bleed needs adjusting.  The damage is tankable, but lemme give you another example of how bad this bleed is (4.1k on a self-buffed/non-debuffed archer is pretty nasty regardless):

My husband made a veno solely for the drake (and eventually got the owl after).  He damage tested on a GM.  The bleed was doing 3k on her.  Mind you, my husband's veno is not even 120...and yes, granted it doesn't dent a GM's HP, 3k with  a level 118 owl (actually, I don't even think his owl's 118 yet) is a little nuts. 

It's the BLEED people are worried about, not the normal damage.  When I got 4.1k a tick on my archer, I honestly thought that the veno was hitting me as well.  It didn't occur to me that it was the bleed until the second tick.  THAT is what the issue is.

In my opinion (haven`t played a psychic on this server though) psychic should get his dmg raised aswell. It is silly that an ea hits harder with mdmg than a psychic. Clerics have too much mana and pdef- puts the game off-balance in mass pk (cleric can tank for mins and give too big advantage to the squad he is in).

What psys do you be fighting, level 120's?(Note: Oh son of a biscuit, Feone ninja'd this comment from me qq) I 1v1'd one earlier today.  I got hit for NO LESS than 10k.  I'm actually considering a second pair of ornaments because psychics (and wizzies...oh dear gods wizzies) are the bane of my existence.  Clerics have a bullseye on them because they are clerics.  They need all the pdef they can get, especially if they're arcane.

I think that the cultivation of an archer makes the difference--I cannot see it being possible for a sage archer to be 2aps with a bow.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Ivan

• Ibun
  • Faction: Ducks
I don't think that the venos should have their pets nerfed since the pets can easily be killed in 3-4 shots. It also takes a bit to use all the debuffs and you need some luck for some of them to proc. Like Feo said, venos have the lowest damage from all the AA classes and these pets are actually doing some DD.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Sin deals 4k out of stealth?? what  do you do in pk?? nothing but watch how fast the sin hits on you?? Gurl, as you are unhappy with this new nerf, so was I when they nerfed sins speed after spending so much ec trying to get at least 2x int, and not only me, a lot of more sins. So stop complaining and get over it.

My sin got nerfed too. Big deal, it's still OP and it's gear isn't even good by any standard. Also, why is it that only the veno pets are such a big deal when everyone pretty much agrees that "stop complaining and get over it" applies to the rest of the OP crap?

In that owl thread,  I only said the bleed needs adjusting.  The damage is tankable, but lemme give you another example of how bad this bleed is (4.1k on a self-buffed/non-debuffed archer is pretty nasty regardless):

My husband made a veno solely for the drake (and eventually got the owl after).  He damage tested on a GM.  The bleed was doing 3k on her.  Mind you, my husband's veno is not even 120...and yes, granted it doesn't dent a GM's HP, 3k with  a level 118 owl (actually, I don't even think his owl's 118 yet) is a little nuts. 

It's the BLEED people are worried about, not the normal damage.  When I got 4.1k a tick on my archer, I honestly thought that the veno was hitting me as well.  It didn't occur to me that it was the bleed until the second tick.  THAT is what the issue is.

What psys do you be fighting, level 120's?(Note: Oh son of a biscuit, Feone ninja'd this comment from me qq) I 1v1'd one earlier today.  I got hit for NO LESS than 10k.  I'm actually considering a second pair of ornaments because psychics (and wizzies...oh dear gods wizzies) are the bane of my existence.  Clerics have a bullseye on them because they are clerics.  They need all the pdef they can get, especially if they're arcane.

I think that the cultivation of an archer makes the difference--I cannot see it being possible for a sage archer to be 2aps with a bow.

Yea, it would be on demon EAs. Sage ones with their insta-chan are not much less OP though..

Im not sure how much damage scales on the pet based on it's levels but I really don't think anything other than a level 150 pet is relevant.
I also think the biggest "OP" part of this bleed is that people aren't used to DOT's hurting. It's going to be a nasty surprise if the latest PWI patches move here. Psy DoT's there have been MASSIVELY amped. Bleed hurts because just about everyone is in the mindset of popping ironguards or AD at the last moment, this won't work with a bleed on you. Big deal, adjust  your timing, rethink your veno-fighting strategy.. it's not that hard to get around it. I've fought several venos with the bleed and I've had no issue adjusting to counter them.

I agree with you on the suggested nerf for it. Cutting it's damage in half would probably take care of it's high basic damage but the biggest thing about it that I can see is it simply being something new people aren't used to. Remember how Expell used to absolutely wipe out sins? Then they figured out to bypass it with condensed thorn. It won't be long before people learn to dodge/counter the bleed when the worst debuffs are on them and  from there on it won't be any sort of OP at all.

Offline Therras

• Papi.

My sin got nerfed too. Big deal, it's still OP and it's gear isn't even good by any standard. Also, why is it that only the veno pets are such a big deal when everyone pretty much agrees that "stop complaining and get over it" applies to the rest of the OP crap?

Still OP?? An owl can solo me in mass pk, Idk where you get the idea that sins are op from, when they are the squishiest class in the whole server atm, even if their "attacks/stuns/speed" are OP, the survivability is just a joke, if you use 2 spark and if you are arcane, the sin will die in the nexts 2 shots. Stop saying sins are OP please, just because you cant handle their stuns.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Sin, mass pk. Theres your problem.
Sins are a solo class. Almost nobody can beat a good sin 1v1. What, you want godmode hp& def, instakill damage and ultimate everything on pve, solo pvp & mass pvp?
On a dragon geared sin I can guarantee you I will easily be able to beat the majority of players on this server in a self-buffed 1v1. Also, if you get solo'd by an owl you should probably try putting some armor on. Having gear really helps witht he whole no defense & less than 10k hp thats needed to be solod by a pet.

"if you use 2spark and if you are arcane, the sin will die in the nexts 2 shots." Well.. there's another problem. Why are you letting arcanes hit you twice? Use your stuns meng.

Offline Therras

• Papi.
Sin, mass pk. Theres your problem.
Sins are a solo class. Almost nobody can beat a good sin 1v1. What, you want godmode hp& def, instakill damage and ultimate everything on pve, solo pvp & mass pvp?
On a dragon geared sin I can guarantee you I will easily be able to beat the majority of players on this server in a self-buffed 1v1. Also, if you get solo'd by an owl you should probably try putting some armor on. Having gear really helps witht he whole no defense & less than 10k hp thats needed to be solod by a pet.

"if you use 2spark and if you are arcane, the sin will die in the nexts 2 shots." Well.. there's another problem. Why are you letting arcanes hit you twice? Use your stuns meng.
OK, Im about to insult you, but I will "try" to resist to my desires. First of all, this server is not for 1v1, thats the first thing, meaning that sins are in a disadvantage in pk, you dont see sins 1v1ing another class in a pk area right?? ok you get my point now. Yea, I agree that a good sin is able to kill ppl in pk (1v1) but not the ones as good as him, You havent 1v1 a BM full def gear, or a venomancer with a half sense of logic of what shes doing, neither a good mystic, cleric, wizard. Yea, classes werent made to be easy to kill, I get that, but not to be impossible to kill as well, I was 1v1ing this cleric and our fight lasted 35 mins, I mean, seriously?, htere was a veno at west as well, I started to hit her and she was stand up there doing shit, I was hitting 4k dph and she wasnt even HA, and a decent def lvl geared bm/seeker is IMPOSSIBLE to kill with a sin, fighting wizards that just use belief, spam 3/5 skills and bam, you are dead, while your tidal was on.

OFC, If I was the wizard sparking, I would have a back up plan because, MY OPPONENT IS A SIN, so he will obviously stun me. OBVIOUSLY. Belief/fortify/AD/AntiStunPill, whatever suits more to your playstyle/situation. The sin will panic use whatever he can.

I believe Im a very pro sin, and is kind of sad that i have to explain this but, Im obviously wearing my gear in pk.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Sins werent designed for a pure mass-pk private server. They are 1v1 & PVE gods. Not mass pk specialists. Since you mentioned you got solod by a pet I can only conclude you had no gear on at the time. An owl hits 700 a hit and ~4k bleed on a LA class without buffs. How exactly does this solo you? You weren't lieing about it just being the pet were you? It would be very dishonest to leave out all the circomstances making the damage better just to make your point about pet being OP more valid.

Im not gonna argue about r8r bm's being op. Full godmode on those when they wear a deflvl wep.