Epic Perfect World

Problems with server

Offline Rhelanna

After server went down and came back up, the PvE button got removed, and all the faction lists got wiped. If there's any other issues, will update here.

UPDATE: Server back to normal. But those who logged in after first crash are in PvP mode for 10 hours again.  ::)
Last Edit: Apr 03, 2012, 09:02 am by Rhelanna

Offline IsFuzzy

faction got wiped more like your on your own i cant even desert the one im in to see anything lol

Offline Nexy

• General Nexy
faction got wiped more like your on your own

The First Hunger Games has begun!  :P

Offline Rhelanna

Ok so here's the newest findings. Only one gate in Seat of Torment, which is leading to final boss. The Torturess boss is missing from the instance so we can't kill her to open the gate to final boss. Didn't check other bosses because of not needing them.

Offline PandaBear

@ Rhae the boss isn't there because you didnt kill the guard to the west of the bridge :)

Offline Rhelanna

The guard wasn't there to kill. :P

I'm having to leave my BM online for 10 hours strait to be able to go back into safe mode because of the PvE button missing during the first crash. Hopefully I don't get knocked off while I'm sleeping, cuz then it'll reset back to 10 hours.  :(
Last Edit: Apr 03, 2012, 12:34 pm by Rhelanna

Offline PandaBear

it was when i did it yesterday xD

Offline Rhelanna

Well when I did it day before yesterday it was there too, along with all the gates. But it wasn't there after server crash.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran

Offline Lilly

• Retired Staff Member
The timer for blue name wont reset if you log off. It will continue to count down the next time you log in where it keft off at.

Offline Lyssania

Just thought I'd say- almost everyone was white named and lost the safe button after the server crash.
I logged in when it was back up, (Yes- I had been in during the log in issues and before it crashed) and I kept blue name and safe button. Not sure why, but thought I'd say in case it could do any good. :)

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
The unexpected downtime this morning was my failure (I did not exactly predicted the possible effect of one  linux command...)
Last Edit: Apr 03, 2012, 09:53 pm by Agatio

Offline Rhelanna

Just thought I'd say- almost everyone was white named and lost the safe button after the server crash.
I logged in when it was back up, (Yes- I had been in during the log in issues and before it crashed) and I kept blue name and safe button. Not sure why, but thought I'd say in case it could do any good. :)

When server crashed and came back the second time, the PvE button was back. But those that had come on after the first crash stayed white name. A friend of mine got pk'd in Unicorn Forest because of it.

The timer for blue name wont reset if you log off. It will continue to count down the next time you log in where it keft off at.

When the new client update came out, I brought my BM online and there was no PvE button. When the PvE button was added, every time I logged off it reset the timer on the PvE button for some reason. Besides, I'd rather have my name on for 10 hours strait to get it to move along faster, then to log off and log in 8 hours later to having a white name and having to wait out the timer. And when my name is white I stay in town. Or I'll do solo/faction instances. But after having someone tell me that if he ever saw me white named he was going to kill me for no reason except that I always have a blue name, I tend to stay away from getting randoms for BH when this sorta thing happens.  :P

The unexpected downtime this morning was my failure (I did not exactly predicted the possible effect of one  linux command...)

Not your fault Agatio. You were at work at the time. You couldn't have foreseen this happening. Unless you're a clairvoyant and didn't tell anyone.  :P

Offline moorta

• Semidemi BM God
  • Characters: moorta, Aleuria
  • Faction: Artifex, Passion,
my problem is that every time i login and click the start button 5 seconds later the client crashes what do i do?
Get up and get it dont let it be given to you

Offline PandaBear

verify your files