Epic Perfect World

Server balance.

Offline Adversition

• A
  • I mean, boom!
Yet another wasteless topic. You know devs outside of the wanmei company have almost ZERO knowledge on how to edit skills, right? Even so, they don't have the rights to edit copyrighted material, for all I know.

You can rant about everything. Nothing will be changed.

Edit: I just want to put up my opinions about this whole "IMBALANCC" thing.

BMs: I hit lower on bms that spam marrow than wizzies that use barrier of my element. What tha fak is up with that? (I don't even bother 1v1ing BM's anymore. Demon Bell + magic marrow = GG) more magic tank than wizards?

Wizard: Faceroll keyboard + spark = 65kk crit yay.
Surivality: Spam skills and wait until your opponent drop hard on the ground. Arcane Defence/Purify Spell does the rest. Seriously, Wizard is the easiest mage class to play now. Not even funny anymore.

Barb: Drops dead so fast vs mages.
No good barbs in server (that I have seen) so cant say much about their killing techniques here (lolwdfbladeapsbarbsumad)

Veno: Hard as fak class to play. Needs skillz
Nab ones drops from sins in 3 seconds no more no less.

Archer: They hit hard because of attack levels. You're probably dragon. Cant complain if you get hit so much.
Again, if an archer doesn't crit, hes unlucky.

Cleric: Honestly, whens the last time you've seen an AA cleric?
AA clerics with their 30-35k mana pool drops dead to an autoattacking sin in about 6 seconds. With plume shell, their mana gets drained to zero in about 8. Have you honestly seen them using plume shell? It drops so fast, I honestly doubt the mana blessing is even enough to make the shield worthwhile and not 0mana suicidal.

Sin: They already have the most broken skills in the game, getting 3 sparks instantly, 60% chance to evade skill effects (god mode). Your crying about their survivability? Roll a Psychic. It will help you a lot.

Psychic: Easiest class to play in the game, imo. Just spam skills and see big numbers. Silence proc will do everything else to help you survive (and if you get killed from just 1 genie skill, then you truly suck beyond comparison).

Seeker: Yes. They are tanky. They cant kill either. Useless class unless they're -skilled-

Mystic: Dat spammable heal is op, for sure. If the mystic your fighting could only spam heals though (and not doing anything else to repel you), then that says something about him/her.

-------

As you can see, this is the most balanced a 1.4.4 server gets.

On the other hand, cant wait for
http://www.perfectworld.com/news/?p=746891
Last Edit: Mar 15, 2013, 11:17 am by Kest
Society - DEMON ARCHERR
ZerkSoPro - SAGE SIN

Offline AOH

• Old Player
  • Characters: Aids
  • Faction: Ŧα†αlι†y
yes sins need 100 attack level blessing and psy should not get sos anymore lets just remove that and add 200 def levels blessing for seekers and remove altar marrow and aura bell buff completely from game. wizards wont get to use undine any more and mystic cant use any skills in pk execpt aoe heal. veno's dont get to use nova or purge and remove barbarian arma and zerk weapons plz. i think this will fix all server balance issues plz make the changes as soon as you can.

Offline bubysaur

• aim so cute in sandness aim so veri stronger man
isnt this game supposed to be rock-papper-scissors type?
so i dont see whats the point in QQing if sins have trouble killing their anticlasses....
beauty is in the eye of beerholder

Offline caleb1997

• ~Slade
  • Don't feed the trolls, it makes them want moar 0.0
hey im new to this forum stuff. But heres my opinion. when you play a game you shouldnt expect things to be easy, if something is hard or too difficult for you to do then maybe you should spend less time asking others for help when you can think of your own strategy? Imo you shouldnt copy other peoples combo's coz then when half the server is using it then they will find a way to stop it. idk if that made much sense but its worth a shot to say :monkey-17:
Im new. but i have this to say, if you dont like me thats ok. its not like i can do much, but theres still no need to be impolite for no reason to others.

Offline Therras

• Papi.
In my rebuttal to this:
Wizards are glass cannons; I barely ever see a wizard hitting 60k on people, even if they use the fire combo. Wizards are squishy as hell, they may hit hard but they were designed to not be able to take many hits.
Archers: Same as wizards, they're really squishy because they're LA.
Seekers may be tanky, but like barbs, tanky doesn't equal killer, either.
Clerics, again, are squishy as hell. Probably squishier than a wizard. If you're in group PvP and your first action isn't to AA on a cleric, then yes, you probably deserved to fail mass pk.

All the classes here are balanced, people may QQ but in the end, we all have the same skill sets, and most of us all wear the same gear, there's no gear gap. It really all comes down to skills, and knowing how to defend yourself while still being able to kill something.

Also 100 people factions? No thank you.  :sad:

But that's my 2 cents.
I totally disagree with you.
Wizards are not glass cannons, LOL I have seen wizards 1 shotting barbs and a wiz has more phy defense than my sin does so no, they are not DAT squishy plus the arcane def/purify wep makes then almost impossible to kill for an aps class, and I believe they have one of the highest magical defenses in game. And they can perma kite if they have purify wep.

Seeker, just lol, seekers are quite tanky even without def wep. And they become quite op when they use sacrificial slash.

Clerics squishy?? Gurl I cant remember the name of the cleric I 1v1ed but every cleric I 1v1 it takes me around 5 mins to kill him/her. I 1v1ed this cleric and our fight lasted around 30 mins, im like REALLY?? the cleric was hitting oon me around 8-10k per hit (full debuffed ofc)

Honestly IDK how you can have these opinions about these classes when you barely pvp.

This is a pointless thread. Okay BM can be a bit OP, but there are alot of ways to kill one.... Just need to find the ones that suits you. So stop QQing and start PEW PEWing....
Have fun and good luck.
BMs are op? Son you have never fought a bm with full def gear before. I was hitting on Robbert around 700/1.6k per hit (with fire pill on+3.33) Is just not possible to kill a bm with full def gear, not even for mages because marrow makes them quite tanky and the bell spam/perma leap/perma stun lock, just lol. Fight a bm with full def gear, then you can come here and talk about them.

Well guys,
I do not want to start a meaningless discussion here. i just shared some of my experiences from the game here. Some facts:
A sin with 34k hp, 35 def lvls, 6% extra elemental resistance, 2 pieces of elemental jewelery equiped (which gives around 20k mdef), getting aroudn 30k hits from an archer and 45-58k hits from a wizard!
Dealing around 500 dmg (no crit) to a seeker with some defence lvls in weapon (no buffs).
Maybe I have chosen a wrong class because getting 1-hitted by barbs, eas (very close to 1-hit), wizards with my final gear, cleric buffs and good reskinning is no fun.
Thank you.
^this and people keeps complaining sins are op. sigh.

Funny, my 150 dragon sin absolutely MURDERS my gf's 145+ nirvy Wiz if she doesn't manage to lock me down quickly enough (and even then I sometimes still win), and we're both on an equal skill level. o/
You must be really really freakin' squishy to have such problems with wizzies as a sin.
Or you're just absolutely unable to play your class properly......
GTFO You dont even pvp. You must be fail to not being able to kill a 145 wiz and i bet she didnt even have arcane def.  The point here was that wizards do greatest damage with r8 and purify/jump. Having a logical opinion about some class doesnt make it truth in pk. Did your fail GF had r8? yes? ok Im done

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Earlier I didn't read a lot of this because I'm anal about sentence/paragraph structure and it made my brain hurt, but now that I got a closer look, here's some other stuff...

You do know that clerics have a huge bull's eye on them just because they ARE clerics?  And a cleric in Ultraviolet Dance is one that can't heal themselves (or support others with heals for that matter) and that makes em a bigger target.  And plume shell still isn't enough because unless the cleric is HA (not a viable build on this server really), their pdef still sucks and all it takes is 5 strategically placed arrows in the ass to kill em.

And OP genies? LAWL. Those OP genies will save your ass.  Ironguards? Well, certain classes don't have an anti-stun (genies help in that regard, but I suck at timing clicking both an ironguard and a genie skill), so guess what? You're wailing on em, but they can't do anything either for those 12 seconds. :D

Morai*

Veno pets are a joke.  They get one-shot in mass pvp, and only serve as a distraction...while the other DD's are eating you for dinner.  Actually a few people told me while I was deciding on a culti for my veno that venos don't really have much of a use on this server (pretty sure they do, btw; but they are not as OP as you think.

No. Just no.  We already have an issue with an abundance of factions, many of which disband because folks rather join large TW/PK factions than the smaller factions.  Also, even if you have 200 people in a faction, it doesn't mean all 200 are on at once.  Some factions only have 20-30 online at any given time (not talking about the big TW/PK factions as those will always be a little more.  100 members? The smaller factions will probably never be active.

There was a time where only 6 people were allowed in one squad.  That was also when there were only 6 classes and rainbow squads were more common.  Now there are 4 extra classes, they gotta accommodate them somehow.

There, now my brain doesn't hurt anymore.
1st. HA not viable for a cleric on this server?!?!?!? what do you want to do with your cleric? 1 shot everyone?? Clerics were made to be a support class, to keep the squad alive. Going HA on a cleric is the smarter thing you can do on that char. AND OFC THE PHY DEFENSE WILL SUCK IF YOU ARE AA sigh

2nd. Genies are not OP? Gawd, have you ever fought an archer with a genie with full vit/magic build?? He/she is able to spam the shit out of expel. Wizards using genie spark/extreme poison/frenzy all at the same time, and then bragging they are good at pk when their genie keeps them alive. Yes, genies were made to save your ass, but not to do all the job. In first place genies were made to support you on whatever you do, by using 1 skill at time, not to spam them, that wasnt the point of the genies. Spamming genie skills is what makes them OP, obviously.

Honestly, Im the one who has a headache now.

@all the people complaining that their sins cant kill or gets killed too easily: you chose the wrong class. Other than that, sins are the king of pk, at least they are in the origional PWI
Hitting 500-600 on a seeker is normal and is expected. Have you tried, oh idk, subsea with powerdash? My sin with its full nub dragon gear (90% of people i 1v1 has full r8) takes down 100+ def lvl seekers like they're paper. Without sparking ofc. But with wood pill T_T
Its possible to kill every class in the game if you use your sin right, and pretty easily too.
The only class i have problem pking with is a bm when 1v1ing a mystic. The mystic had full r8 with purify as a wep stat and chaneling -3 on most pieces/resistant to phy dmg
Made me RQ bm QQ
HAVE YOU EVER NOTICE THAT THIS IS NOT PWI???  What after you use Subsea/powerdash <--- this means you will have both chi skills on CD, what now?? you think this seekers is going to stand still and sit there while you hit on him?? Meng you talk about the people you fight like paperclasses, I killed you in like 5 secs DPH while your tidal was on (1v1) IDK what such ppl you fight but they obviously dont know how to play their classes well.

This thread is now turning into a pro zone. And no sins are not squishy... Nothing is. You just need to know how to roll with your toon properly, otherwise you might just die in few shots on a barb :/ Or hit like 1ks with wizzy, or try to kill people with fists using archer cause you got the "aps"...
Sins are not squishy?? nothing is?? All these waste of stupidity is quite epic and impressive.
You just said it there, dying by a few shots, did you know thats the definition of squishiness?? Better look into your brain for more valid arguments next time.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Yet another wasteless topic. You know devs outside of the wanmei company have almost ZERO knowledge on how to edit skills, right? Even so, they don't have the rights to edit copyrighted material, for all I know.

You can rant about everything. Nothing will be changed.

Edit: I just want to put up my opinions about this whole "IMBALANCC" thing.

BMs: I hit lower on bms that spam marrow than wizzies that use barrier of my element. What tha fak is up with that? (I don't even bother 1v1ing BM's anymore. Demon Bell + magic marrow = GG) more magic tank than wizards?

Wizard: Faceroll keyboard + spark = 65kk crit yay.
Surivality: Spam skills and wait until your opponent drop hard on the ground. Arcane Defence/Purify Spell does the rest. Seriously, Wizard is the easiest mage class to play now. Not even funny anymore.

Barb: Drops dead so fast vs mages.
No good barbs in server (that I have seen) so cant say much about their killing techniques here (lolwdfbladeapsbarbsumad)

Veno: Hard as fak class to play. Needs skillz
Nab ones drops from sins in 3 seconds no more no less.

Archer: They hit hard because of attack levels. You're probably dragon. Cant complain if you get hit so much.
Again, if an archer doesn't crit, hes unlucky.

Cleric: Honestly, whens the last time you've seen an AA cleric?
AA clerics with their 30-35k mana pool drops dead to an autoattacking sin in about 6 seconds. With plume shell, their mana gets drained to zero in about 8. Have you honestly seen them using plume shell? It drops so fast, I honestly doubt the mana blessing is even enough to make the shield worthwhile and not 0mana suicidal.

Sin: They already have the most broken skills in the game, getting 3 sparks instantly, 60% chance to evade skill effects (god mode). Your crying about their survivability? Roll a Psychic. It will help you a lot.

Psychic: Easiest class to play in the game, imo. Just spam skills and see big numbers. Silence proc will do everything else to help you survive (and if you get killed from just 1 genie skill, then you truly suck beyond comparison).

Seeker: Yes. They are tanky. (They cant kill either. Useless class unless they're -skilled-) ((Stupid))

Mystic: Dat spammable heal is op, for sure. If the mystic your fighting could only spam heals though (and not doing anything else to repel you), then that says something about him/her.

-------

As you can see, this is the most balanced a 1.4.4 server gets.

On the other hand, cant wait for
http://www.perfectworld.com/news/?p=746891
Well I can agree with most of these but the part of sins QQing because the low survivability, Even if you 3 spark plus tidal, as I already state before, your opponent wont site there to take the spark. Yes stuns help but you also have genie dont you?? People rather to debuff instead of increasing their own power (spark, skills that increase their attacks power, frenzy, idk what else) Im a 1 shot to any class that sparks and crit on me (without debuffs). SO its ***ing obvious is not QQ, its the reality.

Offline LikeFishABoss

• Knocka those HONKAS!
  • War is the way to go! :3
GG at the replies. Okay this is what I feel, This server on a whole is not imbalanced, I have a sin with r8+drag and m quiet satisfied with it, considering that fact that I never spark and the other skills are balanced pretty much good, in PK he can survive but the people who don't know there characters they gonna fail like a boss, I mean I killed a barb yesterday , EASILY! That my friend is a fail shit.

Apart from that, it just depends how well you know your toon, PVE is a different thing and PVP is different. So stop comparing and ride on.
LikeFishABos- R8+Drag Sage Sin.
KittyKatToe- Sage Barb
SumYungHo_ - Sage Veno
OMGWTFBBQ - Sage Psy

lapulapu

GG at the replies. Okay this is what I feel, This server on a whole is not imbalanced, I have a sin with r8+drag and m quiet satisfied with it, considering that fact that I never spark and the other skills are balanced pretty much good, in PK he can survive but the people who don't know there characters they gonna fail like a boss, I mean I killed a barb yesterday , EASILY! That my friend is a fail shit.

Apart from that, it just depends how well you know your toon, PVE is a different thing and PVP is different. So stop comparing and ride on.

i agree. i'm a dragon sin and i don't spark either but i do manage to kill peeps with r8 sets. i get rolled a lot as well but i believe it's more about learning the class and how to use our skills and stuff. so i think the server is really balanced since you need to figure out diff. strategies against diff. players and it takes skill and knowledge to kill a decent player.
Last Edit: Mar 16, 2013, 07:22 am by LAPU LAPU

Offline LikeFishABoss

• Knocka those HONKAS!
Exactly my point, I still see some sins here, they Spark, its like an open invitation, pls sir stun me, plz sir silent me, pls sir kill me after doing that. And once Tidal protection goes down, stealth. BUT THE FUNNY PART! I still see most of the sins when they go all stealth on me lOL
KittyKatToe- Sage Barb
SumYungHo_ - Sage Veno
OMGWTFBBQ - Sage Psy

Offline LuVjunky

• Dangerously Falls In Love
Omfg who cares if the server is balanced or not this is agatio server let him do as he plz my gosh stfu damn man everytime I come to web and vote I see these cry baby ass threads man if u dnt like it go to another server gezzz *roll eyes*

Darrius-148-Seeker

<3Angel<3 Marshall

Offline LikeFishABoss

• Knocka those HONKAS!
Omfg who cares if the server is balanced or not this is agatio server let him do as he plz my gosh stfu damn man everytime I come to web and vote I see these cry baby ass threads man if u dnt like it go to another server gezzz *roll eyes*

I like these posts, they are freaking awesome.
KittyKatToe- Sage Barb
SumYungHo_ - Sage Veno
OMGWTFBBQ - Sage Psy

Offline LuVjunky

• Dangerously Falls In Love

Darrius-148-Seeker

<3Angel<3 Marshall

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
World's longest post of doom

...Thought you quit already >.>

As for genies being OP, pfft at that.  I have fought both those classes a an archer myself, and while it's annoying, you can also make a full mag/vit genie and do the same spam.

Exactly.  If you know your char and your opponents' weaknesses, the PK aspect of the game won't be too bad.  But the nature of p.servers is that many come here and play classes that they've never played before (some have never played PWI before) and they expect to faceroll everything if they have the best gear, but not expect to be facerolled when someone with raw skill (albeit lesser geared) comes along.  Then you have the QQ's in world chat about how shit is OP.  No it's not OP, you just suck.  Learn your class.

I admit that I suck; I've never played an archer past level 20 on PWI, and wasn't expecting to main one, but I enjoyed playing one enough to actually want to learn it.  I've got a ways to go, but still it's enjoyable for me.

Which is what it boils down to--enjoy the ***ing game for what it is.  If you no longer enjoy it, go read a book.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline LikeFishABoss

• Knocka those HONKAS!
...Thought you quit already >.>

As for genies being OP, pfft at that.  I have fought both those classes a an archer myself, and while it's annoying, you can also make a full mag/vit genie and do the same spam.

Exactly.  If you know your char and your opponents' weaknesses, the PK aspect of the game won't be too bad.  But the nature of p.servers is that many come here and play classes that they've never played before (some have never played PWI before) and they expect to faceroll everything if they have the best gear, but not expect to be facerolled when someone with raw skill (albeit lesser geared) comes along.  Then you have the QQ's in world chat about how shit is OP.  No it's not OP, you just suck.  Learn your class.

I admit that I suck; I've never played an archer past level 20 on PWI, and wasn't expecting to main one, but I enjoyed playing one enough to actually want to learn it.  I've got a ways to go, but still it's enjoyable for me.

Which is what it boils down to--enjoy the ***ing game for what it is.  If you no longer enjoy it, go read a book.

If you are a girl, MARRY ME!
If not, Bronies?

KittyKatToe- Sage Barb
SumYungHo_ - Sage Veno
OMGWTFBBQ - Sage Psy

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
If you are a girl, MARRY ME!
If not, Bronies?

I am a girl, however, I'm already married (in game and irl).

My daughter loves My Little Pony though, so brownie points there. ^.^

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline LikeFishABoss

• Knocka those HONKAS!
I am a girl, however, I'm already married (in game and irl).

My daughter loves My Little Pony though, so brownie points there. ^.^

Always turned down.   :sad:

KittyKatToe- Sage Barb
SumYungHo_ - Sage Veno
OMGWTFBBQ - Sage Psy