Epic Perfect World

Server balance.

Offline littlelupe

• Old Player
Well guys,
I do not want to start a meaningless discussion here. i just shared some of my experiences from the game here. Some facts:
A sin with 34k hp, 35 def lvls, 6% extra elemental resistance, 2 pieces of elemental jewelery equiped (which gives around 20k mdef), getting aroudn 30k hits from an archer and 45-58k hits from a wizard!
Dealing around 500 dmg (no crit) to a seeker with some defence lvls in weapon (no buffs).
Maybe I have chosen a wrong class because getting 1-hitted by barbs, eas (very close to 1-hit), wizards with my final gear, cleric buffs and good reskinning is no fun.
Thank you.

XxChrisxX211

Learn
How
To
Play
Your
Class
_
When i was 150 sin in Dragon gear, i could easily kill a Wizard/Archer, because i knew how to use my class, and my genie to my advantage. Quit crying, because you dont know how to use your toon .
Make a gdamn wiz or arch if you're going to be so damn upset over it.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
As an archer, I can safely say this:

A level 140 wiz was hitting me for 5k non crit.  Don't sound like a lot, but they are 140--the best they can wear is demonic.  I got hit by a 150 wiz (granted, this was before I was 150, but still) for 22k non crit.

But I can *** shit up as well.

So you see, I sacrifice survivability to be able to kill.  Wizzies do the same thing.  Roll either one of those classes and see how fast you drop.  Barbs sacrifice damage to be able to take a few hits (unless they go full str, then they'll take less hits but hurt like ***ing hell).

If you're gonna QQ about psychic soulforce, let me say this:  they can't refine their weapons, they can't get sage/demon soul skills, and sos is now self-cast only (which isn't a bad nerf at all).  So if you think their silence is horrible now, imagine if they had +12 weapons.  Yep.

Remember, there's a counter to everything.  So learn to play and stop ***ing bitching about balance.  Besides, Epic is the most balanced p. server right now.  Good luck finding another one as balanced as this one (that isn't dead).

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Cuddles

• Old Player
  • a basement dweller
  • Characters: Mischa
  • Faction: WeTried
Well guys,
I do not want to start a meaningless discussion here. i just shared some of my experiences from the game here. Some facts:
A sin with 34k hp, 35 def lvls, 6% extra elemental resistance, 2 pieces of elemental jewelery equiped (which gives around 20k mdef), getting aroudn 30k hits from an archer and 45-58k hits from a wizard!
Dealing around 500 dmg (no crit) to a seeker with some defence lvls in weapon (no buffs).
Maybe I have chosen a wrong class because getting 1-hitted by barbs, eas (very close to 1-hit), wizards with my final gear, cleric buffs and good reskinning is no fun.
Thank you.

Funny, my 150 dragon sin absolutely MURDERS my gf's 145+ nirvy Wiz if she doesn't manage to lock me down quickly enough (and even then I sometimes still win), and we're both on an equal skill level. o/
You must be really really freakin' squishy to have such problems with wizzies as a sin.
Or you're just absolutely unable to play your class properly......

Offline Tavern

• Old Player
If you played sin for more than a week you'd be able to win any 1v1 with 1 hand.

Offline Moneymaker

To be honest i completely agree, im a fuly geared sin and im strugling to kill anything , i lose most 1v1s yes i  admit ive only spent 3 weeks pking with a sin but damn its hard if anyone would like to teach me or whatever , my dmg never seems good enough , any advice id be most greatful

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
Hi everyone,
in short my own thoughts on the server balance and necessary changes (my personal opinion).
Pvp in general is mch fun, although few things just seem not right:)
  Wizards hitting too many crits! It happens to ooften that a player dies from a wizard from a 60k hit! (everyone is 1-hitted except barbs). Considering the crazy genies on the server and morai skills which make wizards become purified and to jump every 8 secs. (plus normal jump every 10 secs.) other classes are in a serious disadvantage (especially in mass pk with buffs).
  Archers and their metal skills -I am fed up with having 20k magic def (plus extra elemental dmg reduce) and getting 30+k magic hits from archers.
  Psychics- with lvl cap raised to 150 soulfoce and silence chance also increases, which makes psychics impossible to kill in a normal pvp. It is no fun to play like this, every 2.5 hit is a seal...do not see a point of having  a class that can not be fought against in a normal pvp.
  Seekers- allowing 25 defence lvls on seeker weapon (or more) makes seekers very, very tanky. Now many seekers playing with def lvl weapons and becoming overpowered regarding defence lvls.
  Clerics: extra pdef for clerics plus extra mana for clerics does not seem like a good idea. The whole point of the plume shell is that the mana runs out sometime....especially in a mass pvp. Just keep in mind the op genies and acess to immune pots. A flying cleric in a mass pk is a game killer for everyone . When 2 clerics in a squad healing  from the air- no pvp is possible for the enemy teams.
The whole point of this game and the pvp here is killing enemy with  a use of skills, a good combination of skills.
Moari skills make the game silly: auto-purify, venos becoming op with all the debuffs, brambles, anti-stuns, fox form, speed skills, pets, amplifies, etc. (especially in mass pvp).
To sum things up: too much crit (too much 1-hitting), morai skills killing the sense of the pvp. Some classes that  used to be or rather seemed weak, becoming op by too much efford to balance them out.
Too big factions (100 players should be a max for a faction), too big squads (10 ppl teleportign across the map  and ganking other players) do not make things better.
Thank you.
Thank you,

So, EVERY SINGLE class is OP? Everyone can kill anyone?
I don't understand what's wrong with that.

Try official PWI. After that you will be much happier here.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline Méme

• Kanye
  • It's like boss loaf soaked in dude soup.
Psychics- with lvl cap raised to 150 soulfoce and silence chance also increases, which makes psychics impossible to kill in a normal pvp. It is no fun to play like this, every 2.5 hit is a seal...do not see a point of having  a class that can not be fought against in a normal pvp.

Here:

roses are red
violets are blue
omae wa mou shindeiru

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
Hi everyone,
in short my own thoughts on the server balance and necessary changes (my personal opinion).
Pvp in general is mch fun, although few things just seem not right:)
  Wizards hitting too many crits! It happens to ooften that a player dies from a wizard from a 60k hit! (everyone is 1-hitted except barbs). Considering the crazy genies on the server and morai skills which make wizards become purified and to jump every 8 secs. (plus normal jump every 10 secs.) other classes are in a serious disadvantage (especially in mass pk with buffs).
  Archers and their metal skills -I am fed up with having 20k magic def (plus extra elemental dmg reduce) and getting 30+k magic hits from archers.
  Seekers- allowing 25 defence lvls on seeker weapon (or more) makes seekers very, very tanky. Now many seekers playing with def lvl weapons and becoming overpowered regarding defence lvls.
Clerics: extra pdef for clerics plus extra mana for clerics does not seem like a good idea. The whole point of the plume shell is that the mana runs out sometime....especially in a mass pvp. Just keep in mind the op genies and acess to immune pots. A flying cleric in a mass pk is a game killer for everyone . When 2 clerics in a squad healing  from the air- no pvp is possible for the enemy teams.
The whole point of this game and the pvp here is killing enemy with  a use of skills, a good combination of skills.
Moari skills make the game silly: auto-purify, venos becoming op with all the debuffs, brambles, anti-stuns, fox form, speed skills, pets, amplifies, etc. (especially in mass pvp).
To sum things up: too much crit (too much 1-hitting), morai skills killing the sense of the pvp. Some classes that  used to be or rather seemed weak, becoming op by too much efford to balance them out.
Too big factions (100 players should be a max for a faction), too big squads (10 ppl teleportign across the map  and ganking other players) do not make things better.
Thank you.
Thank you,

Earlier I didn't read a lot of this because I'm anal about sentence/paragraph structure and it made my brain hurt, but now that I got a closer look, here's some other stuff...

You do know that clerics have a huge bull's eye on them just because they ARE clerics?  And a cleric in Ultraviolet Dance is one that can't heal themselves (or support others with heals for that matter) and that makes em a bigger target.  And plume shell still isn't enough because unless the cleric is HA (not a viable build on this server really), their pdef still sucks and all it takes is 5 strategically placed arrows in the ass to kill em.

And OP genies? LAWL. Those OP genies will save your ass.  Ironguards? Well, certain classes don't have an anti-stun (genies help in that regard, but I suck at timing clicking both an ironguard and a genie skill), so guess what? You're wailing on em, but they can't do anything either for those 12 seconds. :D

Morai*

Veno pets are a joke.  They get one-shot in mass pvp, and only serve as a distraction...while the other DD's are eating you for dinner.  Actually a few people told me while I was deciding on a culti for my veno that venos don't really have much of a use on this server (pretty sure they do, btw; but they are not as OP as you think.

No. Just no.  We already have an issue with an abundance of factions, many of which disband because folks rather join large TW/PK factions than the smaller factions.  Also, even if you have 200 people in a faction, it doesn't mean all 200 are on at once.  Some factions only have 20-30 online at any given time (not talking about the big TW/PK factions as those will always be a little more.  100 members? The smaller factions will probably never be active.

There was a time where only 6 people were allowed in one squad.  That was also when there were only 6 classes and rainbow squads were more common.  Now there are 4 extra classes, they gotta accommodate them somehow.

There, now my brain doesn't hurt anymore.

Stay Classy.

Offline LikeFishABoss

• Knocka those HONKAS!
  • War is the way to go! :3
Finally people talking sense! Thanks for that.
LikeFishABos- R8+Drag Sage Sin.
KittyKatToe- Sage Barb
SumYungHo_ - Sage Veno
OMGWTFBBQ - Sage Psy

Offline Vengeous ~

• Old Player
  • Its been a long time coming
@all the people complaining that their sins cant kill or gets killed too easily: you chose the wrong class. Other than that, sins are the king of pk, at least they are in the origional PWI
Hitting 500-600 on a seeker is normal and is expected. Have you tried, oh idk, subsea with powerdash? My sin with its full nub dragon gear (90% of people i 1v1 has full r8) takes down 100+ def lvl seekers like they're paper. Without sparking ofc. But with wood pill T_T
Its possible to kill every class in the game if you use your sin right, and pretty easily too.
The only class i have problem pking with is a bm when 1v1ing a mystic. The mystic had full r8 with purify as a wep stat and chaneling -3 on most pieces/resistant to phy dmg
Made me RQ bm QQ
Last Edit: Mar 15, 2013, 05:33 am by Sare

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
The only class i have problem pking with is a bm when 1v1ing a mystic. The mystic had full r8 with purify as a wep stat and chaneling -3 on most pieces/resistant to phy dmg
Made me RQ bm QQ

Mystics are evil.  They can heal themselves (and fast might I add), their summons don't do much in and of themselves, but leeching them boosts the mystic.  *** Salvation. Oh and let's not forget their weeds.  Those plants are awesomely evil.  But ya know what? They are still killable.

A pain in the ass, but killable nonetheless.

Stay Classy.

Offline Cuddles

• Old Player
  • a basement dweller
  • Characters: Mischa
  • Faction: WeTried
Mystics are evil.  They can heal themselves (and fast might I add), their summons don't do much in and of themselves, but leeching them boosts the mystic.  *** Salvation. Oh and let's not forget their weeds.  Those plants are awesomely evil.  But ya know what? They are still killable.

A pain in the ass, but killable nonetheless.
^
I can confirm that.. '-'
Sheesh basically everything is killable, you just gotta know how to do it. :/
And OP claims are mostly really just butts in pain about not having figured out the 'how' of killing a class yet.

Offline Vengeous ~

• Old Player
  • Its been a long time coming
^i guess if i used OI with my bm i could probably take out the mystic but i kinda said id never use it (made a claim that bms dont need OI and any bm using one is a full nab [in the exception of vsing a wiz]) and ima stick to it stubbornly lmao

Offline LikeFishABoss

• Knocka those HONKAS!
  • War is the way to go! :3
This thread is now turning into a pro zone. And no sins are not squishy... Nothing is. You just need to know how to roll with your toon properly, otherwise you might just die in few shots on a barb :/ Or hit like 1ks with wizzy, or try to kill people with fists using archer cause you got the "aps"...
LikeFishABos- R8+Drag Sage Sin.
KittyKatToe- Sage Barb
SumYungHo_ - Sage Veno
OMGWTFBBQ - Sage Psy