Epic Perfect World

Blade Master OR Barbarian

MamaVortex

I would like to know out of which of the two is best for PvE. Any information would be helpful too <3 Thanks in advance.

PVE Carebear Ftw.

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
  • I am the ocean of the Universe.
  • Characters: Xcution, Skyscream
  • Faction: IceLotus

MamaVortex

I'm sorry, but i'm asking between two. If you aren't going to choose either one of them, you should make a thread in offtopic, so that you may speak about sins.

Offline Cuddles

• Old Player
  • a basement dweller
  • Characters: Mischa
  • Faction: WeTried
assassin
Sinfreak.
Can't you read dude?

On another note..
I sadly don't have much experience with either of these two. :<

MamaVortex

Awe. :c Just waiting nao *O*

I might just make both and do various tests o=

Offline Cuddles

• Old Player
  • a basement dweller
  • Characters: Mischa
  • Faction: WeTried
Awe. :c Just waiting nao *O*

I might just make both and do various tests o=
Testing will prolly be best for you!

Offline Kasai

• Forum Veteran
  • Disbander of Adversary
  • Faction: Crow/Storm Leader

Offline Tagonari

I like the Demon Barbarian that i made... with demon sunder. Blademasters have a few more AOEs tho.

Offline Craggan

Well my BM here is my first one and he has been awesome for PvE. Make sure you do axe and fist skills primary tho and pike and sword are still useful. I have been soloing all the PV since about level 120. The 135 plus gets a bit tricky sometimes but since you are used to running a seeker will be easier to transition to BM than to barb. Oh and I do have a demon barb on PWI just I case you were wondering but the lack of aoe makes it less viable for solo runs of anything. Don't get me wrong.  Barbs CAN kick major ass just not as easily as a BM in my opinion

Offline Hellord

• Am
  • I'll be back .
  • Faction: Harimau
BM is the best for PVE  :D

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
To be fair, that first response is partially true--it's ass easy too farm as a sin.  But since that wasn't your question, I'll go with BM since I recently made one and I've been able to solo PV and she's currently 135 (haven't done 135+ just yet, been lazy).  I went demon on her because I tend to want to keep the balance with cultis between my chars, and I've been failing miserably, but a sage BM can work it too.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline ABBADON

• Hi '-'
  • Characters: ???!?!
  • Faction: Xpendable, Artifex
Being that I have both here I can be of some use ( hopefully ) :

Barbs are great tanks, pretty much everything you'd need for pve at the easiest ( easiest being sitting back and clicking a few skills/auto attack at a time ).
 Barbs can tank more than a blademaster, but lack the ease of switching between higher magic defense and higher phys defense which is critical. Keeping aggro is a breeze because of the multiple aggro skills barbs have.
On this server barbs can transfer between 3 main builds; full str ( pretty good phys defense and heavy hard hitting + crits/zerk) full vit ( low damage that depends on zerking and crits, but higher over all defense and the hardest hitting arma, which is your main "room clearing" skill when it comes to aoes) and a hybrid of dex and str allowing for more crit, and the ability to use claws.
Claw barbs can have 3.3 base with normal dragon gear ha/la and an int tome/cape. That alone can cover the BM aspect of aps damage.)

Blademasters on the other hand don't have as much hp but have the ability to manipulate their defenses way better than a barb.
With a variety of weapons bms can handle any situation pretty well ( and with the right wep shards things only get easier. For example, blood defect on claws gives you a 10% hp proc and at high aps that's worth it.)
Bms also have many more aoes than a barb, meaning quicker kills. Much quicker. High damage aoes, aoe stuns, damage amplifiers, defense reductions, damage reductions, all useful depending on your playstyle.

So a small summary: barbs
higher hp in general
hybrid build for aps, str for high axe damage, full vit for tanking and arma
quick moving in tiger
holds aggro

and for bms:
average hp
plenty of weapons along with their own skills for different styles and situations
manipulates defenses well
crowd control
Plenty of aoes

Sorry if I've missed something, and sorry again if I made any of these classes seem lesser than the other, they are both great and enjoyable to play. Goodluck deciding.

IMFLUFFY- r8 demon barb
NOISIA- r8 sage psy
ABBADON- r8 demon bm
ASMODEUS- r8 sage seeker
Ascension- r8 sage sin
Krewella- r8 sage archer
ARKASIA- r8 demon veno
Realisation-r8 sage cleric
BreakNoise-r8 demon mystic

MamaVortex

I have read each and every comment and the majority says BM, so i'll be giving BM a test run and see if i like it. If i don't i may just stick with seeker/sin
Thanks for the replies!

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
 i have both and as for PVE.. Barb 4 me.  i can pull whole cave to boss then if demon (turtle+beastial rage+ mire+ sunder+arma) = profit. if sage  (turtle+beastial rage+ top+arma/aoe) = profit.
Last Edit: Mar 02, 2013, 12:29 am by JHIN
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

MamaVortex

Barb seems kinda fun so i may make both. Current slots for character creation are all full, but once the one si have up for delete, delete in 7 days ill make the barb.